Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT (2857 Views)

Shortage Of Dead Bodies Not Helping Anatomy Study In Nigeria – Prof. Ajao / Video Of Out Of School Children In Northern Nigeria Stir Panic Online / Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by TruthsFM: 8:18am On Jan 27
Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children in Osun – Osun NUT Chair

THE Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) in Osun State, Comrade Muritala Fatade has said the shortage of teachers in public schools will continue to contribute to the number of out of school children in the state.

Fatade, in an interview with OSUN DEFENDER on Wednesday, noted that there was shortage of teachers in public schools in both rural and urban areas.

According to Fatade, though the case of rural areas was worse, but the urban areas as well are grossly in need of teachers.

He disclosed that no school in the urban areas have Assistant Headmaster(s), which amounts to the shortage of teachers.

The NUT Chairman said: “We have been telling the government since inception that they inherited shortage of teachers and lack of infrastructure but they promised to intervene. We applaud the government of Adeleke for the job they’re doing.

“In the urban areas, where we have headmaster or headmistress, we should have an assistant who will fit in when the HM is unavailable. As I’m speaking, there is no assistant HM in schools in the urban areas which amount to shortage of teachers. When we came into the Civil Service, we do have two HM in schools in the urban areas.

“But I’m a witness that the government is doing their possible best to recruit more teachers in the public primary and secondary schools. I witnessed such a meeting last month.

“Definitely, where there’s no good environment for learning, the pupils or students won’t be motivated to go to school. And believe me, these children will go home to report to their parents.

“These will allow parents to stop sending their children to school or students will not get to school when they already know there is no teacher to teach them.”

https://www.osundefender.com/shortage-of-teachers-may-increase-out-of-school-children-osun-nut-chair/#google_vignette

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by TruthsFM: 8:18am On Jan 27
Education sector in Osun State under Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke’ is at poor state now. Very bad.

5 Likes

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by DivinegiftofGod: 8:33am On Jan 27
Even in private schools there's shortage of teachers and more are leaving.

Nigerian teachers are underpaid and not compensated enough for their efforts. Imagine a school still paying 20, 25k for a whole month and you expect people to still remain in the profession.

I pray in the nearest future, everyone shuns the teaching profession so that olodo generation wen una wan breed una go see am breed very well. Very heartless people.

I approached a school head about increment and she was telling me, sheybi you have other schools now. . Very unprofessional way to reason. I asked her, are you counting my schools or what? Why bring my business with other schools into our discussion and how does it concern you,? she now said, eeh.. we can't do anything for now. .

I was passing by one school yesterday, if you see the long leather banner they used for their vacancy advert ehn.. I say una never start. To think this is an old school and not like theyre just staring but if you see the long list of vacancy? Hm.

It's high time. I've always been praying for this day when teachers will become scarce then and only then will the society know their value.

By the time everyone will abandons the teaching profession the govt and all concerned will wake up and do something about their remuneration.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Opintiwa: 8:45am On Jan 27
Allow Adeleke do his job, all these useless distractions are not needed
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Vinnie2000(m): 9:06am On Jan 27
Shortage of Teachers is Rampant, in several States, not only Osun!.

A Friend of Mine who Teaches, says His School cannot find Teachers to employ again. sad

That they now Rely on Youth corpers. undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by TruthsFM: 9:18am On Jan 27
Nlfpmod mynd44 fergie001 Seun Fp
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Missgreg0: 9:28am On Jan 27
Omo
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by nairalanda1(m): 7:37am On Jan 28
Teaching is a thankless job. Not many people want to go into it, and those who go struggle with managing children, badly equipped classrooms and the like.

And then don't get me started on the salary.

If we want more teachers, you pay them good salaries, and you equip their classrooms well. And that can be done by raising money via improving the tax to gdp ratio, and raising school fees.

(NIgerians don't want the above, though).

1 Like

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by b3llo(m): 7:38am On Jan 28
Employ more teachers to fill in the gap
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Johnjanrt: 7:38am On Jan 28
cheesy
Definitely, authorities have to do more.
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by money121(m): 7:40am On Jan 28
Ok
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by condralbedez: 7:42am On Jan 28
Not only in Osun State, Teachers are under paid.
Teachers suposed to be one of the well paid profession, expecially Creche to primary school teachers, those ones truly sacrificed enough for the pupils.

1 Like

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Galaxyss(m): 7:42am On Jan 28
In this present economic downturn. it's not ideal to continue teaching, except the school is paying above 100k. No value for teachers in this country, that's why you see schools advertising vacancy every month.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by APCNig: 7:43am On Jan 28
You never see anything. Shebi your governor had F9 Parallel in WAEC, your children too will.

All your teachers have run to Lagos where Tinubu is stealing all the money, you said you didn't want Tinubu's boy as governor, so go and be blessed with your illiterate governor.

Ogun kee una Mama

4 Likes

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Ayobeck(m): 7:44am On Jan 28
But what's d way out,m close to the government..say ur opinion,it ll b lay down to d government believe me
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Mindlog: 7:48am On Jan 28
Low incentives in the teaching profession. I love teaching but can't imagine myself teaching in a Nigerian public school.
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Redstorm(m): 8:05am On Jan 28
What do you expect when teachers are not well paid. Most teachers in Nigeria are frustrated as a result of poor rewards.
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by maxiuc(m): 8:07am On Jan 28
cheesy

Education where private schools has taken over

Have you informed the Governor of the decrease in teachers

Government has failed in every ramifications
Education
Infrastructure
Economy
Power supply
Water supply
Good roads
Security
Commerce

Yet budgets are signed every year nothing to show for it

As it stands now there's nothing the Government is doing for the masses the subsidy in petrol was the only way people were gaining from the government but they have removed it
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by adebayo201: 8:10am On Jan 28
It's not in Osun State alone, even the most densely populated stares are also suffering from the same fate.

Until we learn that teaching as a profession should be upheld in high esteem just like the developed countries of the world have we will continue to experience shortage in teachers.

Some UK countries are even willing to give our teachers more pay and better living than what we're offering here.

Don't be deceived by its the medical practitioners that are japaing from the country. The tech guys, teachers, plumbers, truck drivers are heavily needed outside of this shore.
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Bode2: 8:16am On Jan 28
In this present economic realities, I don't expect any graduate to be working full time in a school and be earning less than 100k in a month. The system has been programmed to favor the owners and top management. Teachers are just mere pawns in the chess game. Teachers are just being used as labors to achieve the goals and aspirations (business expansion, high standard of living for families, build houses, buy cars, live large) of owners and top management.

2 Likes

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Bode2: 8:25am On Jan 28
DivinegiftofGod:

Nigerian teachers are underpaid and not compensated enough for their efforts. Imagine a school to still be paying 20, 25k for a whole month and you expect people to still remain in the profession.

I pray in the nearest future, everyone shuns the teaching profession so that olodo generation wen una wan breed una go see am breed very well. Very heartless people.

I approached a school head about increment and she was telling me, sheybi you have other schools now. . Very unprofessional way to reason. I asked her, are you counting my schools or what? Why bring my business with other schools into our discussion and how does it concern you,? she now said, eeh.. we can't do anything for now. .

I was passing by one school yesterday, if you see the long leather banner they used for their vacancy advert ehn.. I say una never start. To think this is an old school and not like theyre just staring but if you see the long list of vacancy? Hm.

It's high time. I've always been praying for this day when teachers will become scarce then and only then will the society know their value.

By the time everyone will abandons the teaching profession the govt and all concerned will wake up and do something about their remuneration.
I interpret that long banner you see as 'we need slaves, we need those who are ready to waste their productive years for 30k. We need those with low self-esteem'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by chicoMX(m): 8:36am On Jan 28
There is this secondary school in Kwara State, where there are 4 staff in the whole senior secondary school; Principal, Vice Principal and two teachers.

They rely solely on Corp members and students of NCE on teaching practice training. Many of these students from NCE don't know anything!!

It's quite sad though, that many of these students would grow up not knowing anything, not because they're not intelligent but because they were never taught.

3 Likes

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by MissKudoswrite(f): 11:10am On Jan 28
Look for a way to employ teachers
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by Dchampion65: 12:01pm On Jan 28
Let them go and learn how to dance from the governor.

That one too is a career.
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by meedoLock(m): 12:18pm On Jan 28
Oga calm down now grin
Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by meedoLock(m): 12:19pm On Jan 28
DivinegiftofGod:

Nigerian teachers are underpaid and not compensated enough for their efforts. Imagine a school to still be paying 20, 25k for a whole month and you expect people to still remain in the profession.

Oga calm down now grin

1 Like

Re: Shortage Of Teachers May Increase Out Of School Children In Osun – Osun NUT by makaveli902: 12:45pm On Jan 28
TruthsFM:
Education sector in Osun State under Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke’ is at poor state now. Very bad.
It has always been like that before he assumed office

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leadcity University Ibadan / When Is The Clearence Excercise For Uniben Starting? / This Is What Happens When You Refuse To Cheat In JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.