Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price (9526 Views)

Danish Woman Adopts 'Witchcraft' Boy And Gives Him A New Name (Photo) / Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price by Iyykanu: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
On the church issue, I am catholic. However as a CLO, I was invited during celebrations in churches as far as there are Corps members in that church.

I became curious. CRCN were found in Jukun areas and RCCN in kutep areas and both are very big and their mode of worship exact. No difference. If you were in CRCN you could mistake it for RCCN.Even timing.

I asked, these two churches look similar even in buildings. I was told RCCN broke away from CRCN. They turned around the alphabets CRCN changed to RCCN. I agreed on that one, as RCCN building looked newer and modern.

Why I will not argue with you is , I failed in one area. I will not give an objective assessment, as my interaction was one sided.
Re: Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price by Iyykanu: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2011
I served first 2 months at Mbiya Govt Sec school along Mararaba or kashimbila road to cameroun if I am still right, before CLO.
Re: Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price by Iyykanu: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2011
You are true son of the soil , I visited these places Kwambai,uwa, Rufu, Lissam, kpambo, Jenuwa Kogi and Gida. These are far from Takum town.

Oh what a memory. Who says NYSC shld be cancelled. Corpers are well respected there, what happened in Bauchi cannot in Taraba on corpers.

Finally, I agree with you on humility, Kuteps are more humble and friendly, the very few I intereacted with. One of my corpers at Kwambai refused to go. By the time we were done his livestocks were many and he studied animal science. I am sure he must stayed there and married there.
I wish I could reconnect , no light, no GSM then.
Re: Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price by jimshimfe(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2011
I am happy you are now beginning to see the other side of the story. Let me add that when Taraba State was created Kwambai, the two Jenuwas, Bika were part and parcel of Takum. The Kuteb's even then with numerical strength were the Chairman after democratic elections, had about 7 councellors compered to Chamba/Jukun's 2, that already tells you who owns the town of takum.
barely after 2 years, the Chamba's discovered Takum and Ussa were dominated by Kuteb's and they had not LG to call their own since they were still tussling to take over Donga by crook or hook. they now started this war on the day of a Kuteb festival when they knew every kuteb man will be busy in celebration mood, unarmed, unprepared, unwilling to fight.many soul died that day unfortunately.then they now used the police, MOPOL through the then Commissioner of Police to ransack Kuteb villages, go from house to house of every Kuteb man in Takum and kill/burn the property (the agenda-to ensure no kuteb man is found in takum). Most of them now migrated to Jalingo (state capital) that is why you have so many kuteb taking over jalingo so much so that you have over 5 major parts of Jalingo metropolis (NTA ward, Abuja ward, Roadblock, ATC, Magami,) they are the dominant tribe.suffice me to add that the commissioner of police then was caught on camera directing his troops to kill all kuteb's, chase them out of takum, ensure no one remains.which was presented during Oputa panel.
The Chamba man is deceitful and will neve tell you the truth but ThankGod some God fearing amongst them have started owning up to the truth. As for GSM, we now have 4 networks and more coming soon.
the town remains in shambles, no good houses being build, cos people fear the crisis may return especially, the refusal of government to appoint a Kuteb replacement for the late chief (Ukwe) of takum
Re: Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price by Iyykanu: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2011
From my own analysis, I forsee war in the future. The tension is palpable and appears suppressed because of their Jukuns' connections. The deaths of two or three people (heavy weights) could erupt war and Kuteps will want their own pound of flesh.

Like you said, you mean the town is still shambles after more than a decade? My school Mbiya Govt sec was destroyed we had to relocate and share with Govt sec school, along Wukari road facing Jem awada.

Question, was 3 battalion established because of this, the barracks looked old to me then.

The proprietors of Jem awada, Henry Porter etc were my friends. Like you rightly said , the town is in shambles. someone built Redeem church on thatb road leads to civic centre were we watched English Premiership.

All in All , I must confess, I enjoyed the Town very well, had fun but not with girls O (respected myself), kept myself busy as the only science based graduate and mingled.Never travelled home till end of service.
If care is not taken, you might even know me , I was very active. Hardly stayed home . So many Igbos, the market and major shops, was really at home. Though they stayed at home one period due toexcessive taxes/levies. I can't remember most of those roads, especially one Igbo woman Megida or so that cooked well.

What of Chanchangi? It was part of my coverage area too.
Takum, is a place I will like to visit. When they finish Jalingo Airport I might. But Takum is still very very far from jalingo
Re: Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price by Iyykanu: 10:56am On Nov 14, 2011
When I saw a Chemist shop at "Jenuwa Kogi "owned by an Igbo chap and they called him doctor. I went with my Jesus Corper on ministration in a school there and met the chief.

The chief gave us a room to sleep after the long trek that day was tough.
I told my colleague, this man they all call doctor must be an Igbo man. He doubted , what would an Igbo man be doing here (remote), he said

I approached the man, flowed Igbo, the man flowed back. We drank cold water from fridge for the first time in a long time.

Takum should stop the war and Taraba is is not called "Nature's gift to the nation" for nothing. Mountains surrounding everywhere. A good tourism potential.
Re: Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price by oladayo042: 12:17pm On Nov 15, 2011
"To make them affordable" grin grin grin grin
Re: Kutep Community In Taraba Adopts N50,000 As Bride Price by tayotee(m): 1:07am On Dec 04, 2011
Iyykanu:

I served first 2 months at Mbiya Govt Sec school along Mararaba or kashimbila road to cameroun if I am still right, before CLO.

Nice one bruv, some good memories of taraba. Served in mararaba (Donga local Govt). i used to remember we have Kuteb, Junkun, Ichen and lots of them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Question Is For The Men! / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? / An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.