Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,241 members, 7,860,548 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:26 PM

Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu (557 Views)

Yes It True, I Have Directed Everyone In Rivers To Work For Bola Tinubu - Wike / It look like TINUBU wet his panty In Calabar / Lagos Today: Like Tinubu Like Sanwo-Olu - Babajide Fadoju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu by Validated: 5:57pm On Jan 29
Truth is that Tinubu never appeared to have anything to offer. I am one of those who vehemently criticize him and I have NO APOLOGIES for that.
I still believe it was a disastrous move to have hastily remove subsidy on gasoline and float the Naira as the same time. Those were supposed to have been handled cautiously. Perhaps the present economy quagmire would have been lesser.

That said, the president moves against corruption is commendable, even though it is not yet UHURU. I think the president should resuscitate the whistleblower program and ensure that Nigerians providing government with sensitive information on corruption are protected.

Another new move that I commend is the creation of checks on NNPCL. This to me is the best thing done by this administration. However, instead of using CBN, the president should consider an independent team to audit oil sales and proceeds. That is let the independent finance experts be in place to audit what NNPCL sells and what is remitted to CBN. Some of us believe that Nigeria has always been shortchanged since oil was discovered in 1963. So, for me NNPCL and NPDC should only be regulators. Not government businesses.

On security, the president has so far FAILED.
I still insist that without FULL scale accountability, we are only reacting and not proactively ready for the significant change.
Starting immediately, send our armed forces to clear the forests of bandits and terrorists. Give brigade commanders 100 days to clear our firestorm of these evils.

Afterward, have area commanders take charge of their catchment area with responsibility to account for any armed robbery and kidnapping in their areas. Any area commanders that failed should be sacked. Let the area commander cascade the responsibility to the commissioner of police who in turn cascade to the DPOs.
Of it mean establishing a rapid response force, so be it. However, such team need to be trained of professional policing, not the nature of SARS.

Lastly our Intelligence gathering is none existence. We should begin to deploy technology now. To this, government should require ALL business premises to install functional CCTV and have them record events around their operational areas. Such MUST be provided to security agencies to help investigations when needed. Make all Petrol Stations no matter how remotely located to have CCTV.

We registered for NIN, Voters card, BVN, SIM cards, etc yet our database is useless. These databases need to be brought to effective use.
Why are we not using biometrics in 2024 for heaven sake? Our policing is not right.

By now, every arrested persons should be submitting their 10 fingers print to a security database.
The ministry of internal affairs collect finger prints for all passport applicants, what do we use them for? Do we reference those during criminal investigations?

Our problem is lack of accountability in Nigeria such that everyone gets away with anything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu by APCNig: 5:59pm On Jan 29
You cannot cajole the Mafia himself. The mad and powerful Cabal at NNPC has been sidelined by the Mafia himself, the god of Politics, Emilokan Asiwaju Tinubu Jagaban.

Tinubu brought the man who employed him at ExxonMobil decades ago to head NNPC Board, Chief Akinyelure. I think it is the man that recommended that NNPC should be stripped of selling crude oil when the man discovered that the mad and powerful Cabal at NNPC is too strong to be broken from within, you have to break the Cabal from outside.

It may not be made public, but CBN will recruit some experienced NNPC/Mobil/Chevron guys to do the selling on behalf of CBN with technology to monitor every activity.

Crude oil is in South South, but it is Northerners that are selling the oil for their pockets

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu by 10mobile: 6:04pm On Jan 29
I can't commend any move by a thief because it's likely another attempt to steal. Nigerians too get weak mind. Na him make dis old cargoes them de control us like tap. Tueh.

4 Likes

Re: Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu by fidelmarshal199: 6:05pm On Jan 29
The problem isn't the system but the people, The CBN will soon get greedy and starting engaging in what they have been condemning.

The only thing the FG can do to reduce the corruption in this regime is to give the EFCC and ICPC some forms of target so they can go out there and do a real work instead of going after 100 dollars iTunes card boys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu by APCNig: 6:06pm On Jan 29
10mobile:
I can't commend any move by a thief because it's likely another attempt to steal. Nigerians too get weak mind. Na him make dis old cargoes them de control us like tap. Tueh.

You go cry tire. 8 years of continuous crying and weeping

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu by BeninRefugees: 6:06pm On Jan 29
APCNig:
You cannot cajole the Mafia himself. The mad and powerful Cabal at NNPC has been sidelined by the Mafia himself, the god of Politics, Emilokan Asiwaju Tinubu Jagaban.

Tinubu brought the man who employed in at ExxonMobil decades ago to head NNPC Board, I think it is the man that recommended that NNPC should be stripped of selling crude oil when the man discovered that the mad and powerful Cabal at NNPC is too strong to be broken from within, you have to break the Cabal from outside

₦1480= 1$

Maffia on the mud

Overated sophisticated Yellowbas on the mud

There's difference between leadership and politicking

The politicking sef he lost his own state up to his bourdillion ward grin

4 Likes

Re: Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu by SeeWahala: 6:07pm On Jan 29
APCNig:

Tinubu brought the man who employed him at ExxonMobil decades ago to head NNPC Board, Chief Akinyelure. I think it is the man that recommended that NNPC should be stripped of selling crude oil when the man discovered that the mad and powerful Cabal at NNPC is too strong to be broken from within, you have to break the Cabal from outside.

It may not be made public, but CBN will recruit some experienced NNPC/Mobil/Chevron guys to do the selling on behalf of CBN with technology to monitor every activity.

Crude oil is in South South, but it is Northerners that are selling the oil for their pockets

So you knew about all these things since buhari's tenure but decided to keep quiet 🤫

Chai, indeed the heart of man is wicked cry

2 Likes

Re: Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu by BeninRefugees: 6:07pm On Jan 29
APCNig:

You go cry tire. 8 years of continuous crying and weeping

Una don dey cry since December relax grin

3 Likes

Re: Yes, It Is True That I Am Beginning To Like Tinubu by Kenochi(m): 7:50am On Jan 30
I really commend the author for being very frank and sincere in his analysis,this government is really fighting against a raging storm and I wish them well
My major point of contention is for the group of people that have made up their minds to engage in all manners of anger, bitterness and pull him down syndrome in our country
It is sad that the country is going through trying times but it seems there is a group of people who have decided that they will be the cheerleaders to pull this country down because they don't like those in power
I admonish this group of people to seriously have a rethink,I am not against constructive criticism but when it begins to enter into the realm of continuous abuse and perpetual insults then I am sure that it is a matte of time before they start suffering serious mental health issues
You can't spend all your time insulting people and not be a bitter person,it will eventually led to issues that will affect your well being
This is no longer politics,it is something else
A word is enough for those who are willing to hear, remember the year is just kicking off

(1) (Reply)

Awka, Anambra State Capital Must Be Clean, Prince Ndigwe / Breaking!! International Monetary Fund (IMF) Issues Strong Message To Nigeria / Dr. Ayo Expresses His Strong Opinion About Reno Omokri And Yakubu Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.