Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? (654 Views)

Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? / Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? / How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 10:16am On Jan 31
cry cry I woke up today and walked in to the place where I normally eat rice before going out to my daily hustle.

The woman said her price has changed,
Her plate of fufu is now 800 from 600.
Plate of rice is 700 from 500.

OmoπŸ˜’πŸ˜’
Transportation is not even cheap..

How have you been coping

4 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by FarmPlanetNG: 10:20am On Jan 31
Stop biying foor outside you are suffering

A satchet of tomato
Pepper
Two cups of rice
One smoked fish
Half cup of beans for protein

Is enough to get you a decent meal within two hours of preparation. With 1,200 you can prepare a meal as listed above and it will be nourishing. You wont get it at less than 1,600+ value at the canteen

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 10:23am On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

A satchet of tomato
Pepper
Two cups of rice
One smoked fish

Is enough to get you a decent meal within two hours of preparation. With 1,200 you can prepare a meal as listed above and it will be nourishing. You wont get it at less than 1,600+ value at the canteen
a cup of rice is 200 here the cheapest,
Tomatoes is not cheap
What about gas and kerosene??

Oil and the rest is not cheap..

1200 won't cook any of those

8 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by FarmPlanetNG: 10:28am On Jan 31
annayawchee:
Tomatoes is not cheap

Anyways i buy food stuffs in bulk for myself and my workers so i do not know the exavt unit cost of these things. Eating rice alone wont nourish your health

Youths you have to wakeup and be proactive. The country is in crises and for the sake of the future, you have to wakeup and engage better for a future of promise

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by princemillla(m): 11:13am On Jan 31
As for me av result to eating from home.
If I eat outside I spent more than 1500, 2k, 3kper seat. This will buy me more food stuff. No more eating about.

May God provide for those who doesn't have at this period. Alot of people are going thru hell this period.
I wish I av enuf to give to people. But with little I av, am happy God is blessing few around me..

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 11:32am On Jan 31
princemillla:
As for me av result to eating from home.
If I eat outside I spent more than 1500, 2k, 3kper seat. This will buy me more food stuff. No more eating about.

May God provide for those who doesn't have at this period. Alot of people are going thru hell this period.
I wish I av enuf to give to people. But with little I av, am happy God is blessing few around me..
it's just well

Life hard die

4 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Cassandraloius: 11:55am On Jan 31
Express shock and then pay. cheesy
We're just suffering and smiling for real.

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 11:59am On Jan 31
Cassandraloius:
Express shock and then pay. cheesy
We're just suffering and smiling for real.
no be lie

Do you have an option??

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by CHRISTFUCKER: 12:12pm On Jan 31
You can kys to put an end to your misery

It's worth it and you'll thank me later.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 12:22pm On Jan 31
CHRISTFUCKER:
You can kys to put an end to your misery

It's worth it and you'll thank me later.
Sadist.
Gfys
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Angrigowt: 2:23pm On Jan 31
Last time I ate out was October last year. I fill my gas every 2months
I cook everything I eat.aside bread and sardine.the rest na cooked by me.no babe again.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Free2Fly: 3:23pm On Jan 31
annayawchee:
cry cry I woke up today and walked in to the place where I normally eat rice before going out to my daily hustle.

OmoπŸ˜’πŸ˜’

How have you been coping

Her price increment is still moderate, i tell you

If she wanted to punish Nigerians the way Drugnubu is doing, she would put it at #1800(600x3) and #1500(500x3) respectively

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Bullfallo(m): 4:55pm On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

A satchet of tomato
Pepper
Two cups of rice
One smoked fish

lol. Buy is cheaper bro. Have you consider oil and ingredients?

Cooking is only a bit little cheaper when done on bulks and store in freezer. Mostly soup and stew. Gas is costly now and you might not save anything but only the convinces

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Bullfallo(m): 4:58pm On Jan 31
Angrigowt:
I cook everything I eat.aside bread and sardine.the rest na cooked by me.no babe again.
what’s you cylinder? Because i use 12.5kg and barely take me 2 months
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Angrigowt: 5:01pm On Jan 31
Camping gas with converter kit going into two burner. I dont cook everyday.i cook pots and store in freezer..then warm up whenni wan chop.
Bullfallo:
what’s you cylinder? Because i use 12.5kg and barely take me 2 months
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 5:04pm On Jan 31
Bullfallo:

Cooking is only a bit little cheaper when done on bulks and store in freezer. Mostly soup and stew. Gas is costly now and you might not save anything but only the convinces
honestly cooking now is cost effective for family people ..

Cooking as a single guy is very expensive.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Scholace: 5:29pm On Jan 31
Honestly i only eat once daily. Things are really hard for Nigerians seriously.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Anunakeeh: 5:33pm On Jan 31
FarmPlanetNG:

A satchet of tomato
Pepper
Two cups of rice
One smoked fish

Lol even cooking is even more costly these days.

Gas
Rice
Beans
Fish/Meat
Maggi
Fresh Pepper
Dried Pepper
Fresh TomatoπŸ…
Sachet TomatoπŸ…
Oil
Curry
Thyme

The ingredients alone is more than N1000+

Only people who are doing averagely well financially can afford to always cook nowadays.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Jan 31
annayawchee:
OmoπŸ˜’πŸ˜’
How have you been coping
● Start and plant a garden beginning today. Maintain it regularly to ensure regular yield.
● Get yourself a cheap bicycle to ride around with
● Look for jobs that are local to help raise income
● If married, make certain your spouse is equally employed and bringing in income
● Buy cheap and in bulk whenever possible and store well
● Cook
● If you do not already have kids, then delay childbearing until after you and your wife are comfortably able to feed and have also saved up a significant amount of your income. Also, only have as many kids as you can afford. A typical family should have no more than 2 kids - spaced of course. undecided
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by shortIGBOman: 5:45pm On Jan 31
annayawchee:
Tomatoes is not cheap

It is cheaper to cook by yourself
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by shortIGBOman: 5:47pm On Jan 31
Angrigowt:

My 10kg gas takes me over 3 months and I cook everything I eat. I live alone though.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Angrigowt: 5:51pm On Jan 31
Same here.tho i dont stay alone. We are 3 but every man to himmown room and pot.when i never sabi cook 4 years ago.all the useless babes just dey chop me.i go send them 10k 15k .dem go cook nonsense for me.mego dey happy not tilli knew how to cook. I cursed them and gave the red card. Imagine ending a babe 15k.she no buy titus.she no buy beef or chicken. Na panla amd pomo she package inside one useless plate say na vegetable soup she cook for me.i no simp again.
shortIGBOman:

My 10kg gas takes me over 3 months and I cook everything I eat. I live alone though.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 6:02pm On Jan 31
shortIGBOman:

It is cheaper to cook by yourself
it's not right now
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by shortIGBOman: 6:09pm On Jan 31
Bullfallo:

Most of the ingredients that you buy, you won't use them all on one meal. Some will last you for weeks. You can eat one pot of soup for several days
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by shortIGBOman: 6:12pm On Jan 31
Angrigowt:
Same here.tho i dont stay alone. We are 3 but every man to himmown room and pot.when i never sabi cook 4 years ago.all the useless babes just dey chop me.i go send them 10k 15k .dem go cook nonsense for me.mego dey happy not tilli knew how to cook. I cursed them and gave the red card. Imagine ending a babe 15k.she no buy titus.she no buy beef or chicken. Na panla amd pomo she package inside one useless plate say na vegetable soup she cook for me.i no simp again.

grin grin grin
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by shortIGBOman: 6:21pm On Jan 31
annayawchee:
it's not right now

It is cheaper. When you weight the quantity and standard of food you eat, when you prepared the food by yourself with the quantity plus the standard of food you eat outside. That's when you will know it is cheaper to cook by urself.

When I cook Rice and beans for instance, I scoop equivalent of 2k Rice alone then Beans equivalent of 1k and I will eat to my satisfaction. If e no do me, I will add more. I will also eat as many times as I want. But when you buy from a restaurant, weather you are satisfied or not, you no get option.

Do you know that, that soup they call stew at those Mama put shop are usually those rotten and Margot infested Tomatoes you see in our various Markets. Have you wondered why those tomatoes sellers don't usually throwaway those Margot infested Tomatoes? They usually use the cheapest ingredients from the market. To maximize profit.

Do you know the quality of water they use? When you put all these together, you will know that, it is cheaper and safer to use cook by yourself.

4 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 7:06pm On Jan 31
shortIGBOman:

It is cheaper. When you weight the quantity and standard of food you eat, when you prepared the food by yourself with the quantity plus the standard of food you eat outside. That's when you will know it is cheaper to cook by urself.

When I cook Rice and beans for instance, I scoop equivalent of 2k Rice alone then Beans equivalent of 1k and I will eat to my satisfaction. If e no do me, I will add more. I will also eat as many times as I want. But when you buy from a restaurant, weather you are satisfied or not, you no get option.

Do you know that, that soup they call stew at those Mama put shop are usually those rotten and Margot infested Tomatoes you see in our various Markets. Have you wondered why those tomatoes sellers don't usually throwaway those Margot infested Tomatoes? They usually use the cheapest ingredients from the market. To maximize profit.

Do you know the quality of water they use? When you put all these together, you will know that, it is cheaper and safer to use cook by yourself.
it's well
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 7:06pm On Jan 31
Scholace:
God will come through for you boss
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Tayorshd87: 8:04pm On Jan 31
annayawchee:
Tomatoes is not cheap

Even calculate the stress a person that is going to work to hustle na him won get time dey do all this cooking things 😳

At last him go wash plate again 😭
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by Tayorshd87: 8:06pm On Jan 31
Anunakeeh:

Lol even cooking is even more costly these days.

Rice
Beans
Gas
Fish/Meat
Maggi
Fresh Pepper
Pepper
Oil
Curry
Thyme

The ingredients alone is more than N1000+

Only people who are doing averagely well financially can afford to always cook nowadays.

My brother u even forget to add stress when u dey work 8 to 8 daily job πŸ€”
So where the time to cook

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by FarmPlanetNG: 8:08pm On Jan 31
Scholace:

Wow
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Living? by annayawchee: 8:34pm On Jan 31
Tayorshd87:

Even calculate the stress a person that is going to work to hustle na him won get time dey do all this cooking things 😳

At last him go wash plate again 😭
hahahahhahaha

I no fit laugh oπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage Counselling Available Here / Private Counselling For Couples / Please I Need A Fairly Use Laptop 4 Sale Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.