Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:00 AM

Security Chief Awards House-help, Others University Scholarships In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Chief Awards House-help, Others University Scholarships In Anambra (79 Views)

In Awada Anambra State: School Security Chief Unveiled As Serial Killer / Sowore Challenges Al-mustapha, Abacha's Former Security Chief At Peace Accord / Railway Engineering Scholarships In China Hijacked By Buhari’s Ministers, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Security Chief Awards House-help, Others University Scholarships In Anambra by okeychris(m): 6:11pm On Jan 31
BY BONIFACE Okeke

The ambition of a house-help, Ms Nama Hope Chidera to acquire a university education has been boosted as an Awka-based private security proprietor has awarded her and three others indigents university scholarships.

Other beneficiaries were, Okonkwo Johnson, Alieze Samson and David Emmanuel.

Their benefactor, proprietor of Blue Shield Security Company Limited, Ozo Jeff Nweke who announced the scholarship to them at his company's headquarters in Awka promised that he would undertake payment of their school fees and also their personal upkeep until they completed their studies at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, UNIZIK, Awka, Anambra state.

For a start, Ozo Nweke distributed a total sum of N4.5million to them with each of them and while some of them received N1million, some others were given N1.5million.

He told them that the amount was to cover their registration fees and personal upkeep for their first three months in the university.

The security boss charged them to be hard-working and to exhibit high moral standards; abstain from cultism, and other social vices that could ruin their career in life.

He advised them "Any wealthy person or accomplished person you see passed through challenges, and, made sacrifices to be where he or she is.

"You have the potentials of great achievers, but, if you do not work hard to maximise those potentials in you, they will all perish in you ", he emphasised

While Ngama hails from Ebonyi state; Alieze, an indigene of Imo state; Okonkwo and David are natives of Anambra state.

Shedding tears of joy, Ngama while expressing gratitude to Ozo Nweke described him as the Angel God has sent to assist her reslise@in her most desired life ambition.

Narrating her travail in her pursuit to acquire modern education, Ngama stated that she started funding her education from primary three from money she was making from hair braiding.

She said "I started paying my school fees from primary three through hair braiding because a lot of things happened which made me to move from home to stay with people as a house -help just to go to school.

"This (scholarship) is a major breakthrough for me. It's a major push because I never knew that I am going to further my education.

"This is just the only hope I have to fulfill my aspiration to attain a university degree", she stated.

She prayed God to reward Ozo Nweke in an unprecedented way, describing him as "our life saver, destiny helper, an Angel in disguise ",

While Ngama was admitted into the university to read English Language and Literary Studies; Okonkwo to study Statistics; Alieze offered admission to study Education Management and Policy, David was offered Philosophy.

Also, reacting to the gesture, Okonkwo, Alieze and David praised their benefactor for his act of philosophy and prayed God to reward him with sound health and make his pocket never to dry.

Director of the education scholarship scheme, Mr. Ikechukwu Chinweze disclosed that Ozo Nweke has spent about N100million funding the scheme since it's inception, and, that the scheme is strictly targeted at indigents.

(1) (Reply)

IS THERE A STRONGER REVOLUTION THAN TAKING DOWN THE 1999 CONSTITUTION? ~ NINAS / Asue Ighodalo: The Round Peg In Round Hole For Edo? / Ogie Vasco A Meddlesome Interloper, Working With Counter Forces To Undermine Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.