Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him (10718 Views)

Onanuga Blames Moles As PDP Demands Probe Of Leaked ₦1bn Memo / Tinubu: How Saraki Led Campaign Of Calumny Against Me In 2015 / Ambode: CSO Threatens Legislators, Demands Probe Of N28.8 Billion Running Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by ijustdey: 10:20pm On Jan 31
Mr Gbajabiamila requests the SSS to investigate and prosecute perpetrators of falsehoods against him.

The Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila, has written a letter of complaint to the State Security Securitt (SSS) over what he called “false allegations and sustained campaign of calumny” against him.

The letter, addressed to the Director General of the SSS, Yusuf Magaji Bichi, which was sighted by our PREMIUM TIMES, indicated that other security agencies may have been directed to launch investigations as well.

Mr Gbajabiamila served in the House of Representatives for over 20 years, during which he was minority whip, minority leader (for eight years) and majority leader before becoming Speaker in 2019. He was appointed chief of staff to President Bola Tinubu days after the president was sworn into office on May 29, 2023.

In his letter to the SSS, the chief of staff lamented a sustained regime of smear campaigns against him. He therefore requested the security agency to investigate and fish out those spreading falsehood about him.

The letter was titled “Request for Investigation of False Allegations and Sustained Campaign of Calumny Against my Person by Unknown Elements.”

In the letter dated 9 January, 2023, Mr Gbajabiamila said: “Over the past six months, unknown individuals or groups have made a sustained effort using social media to spread unfounded allegations of corruption, malfeasance, and abuse of office against my person. This campaign of calumny has gotten progressively more aggressive in tone and content over the last month, thus necessitating this letter.

“I have served in the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for the past two decades, first in the legislature, where I rose to the position of the Speaker of the House of Representatives and now in the executive as Chief of Staff to the President. In that time, my efforts to ensure probity in the management of public resources are well documented. As Speaker of the House of Representatives, I presided over the national budget for all ministries, departments and agencies for four years without blemish.

“While it is my inclination to ignore these attacks as part of the usual mischief of politics, my position as Chief of Staff to the President compels me to act because falsehoods left unchallenged soon take on the toga of truth. Furthermore, the aggressive escalation of these attacks suggests that the perpetrators of these attacks will continue until they are held to account. For these reasons, the stoic silence I have maintained on this matter thus far will no longer suffice.

“I am satisfied that I have not acted in any way to warrant or justify these attacks. Therefore, I am requesting your office to investigate the sources and substance of these false allegations. Rather than hide behind the anonymity of the internet, let my accusers be unmasked to substantiate their claims or face the consequences of their libel against me.”

The chief of staff to the president, therefore, requested “prompt intervention” of security agencies in the matter.

The letter indicated that “a selection of some of the more egregious attacks of the past few months” were attached to aid security agencies in their investigations.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/663977-gbajabiamila-writes-sss-demands-probe-of-campaign-of-calumny-against-him.html

6 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by God1000(m): 10:23pm On Jan 31
He has skeleton in his cupboard

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by TINTINABULATION(m): 10:25pm On Jan 31
There is no smoke without fire. It is not by inviting the SSS but by summoning his truer self to tow the path of dignity.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by JasonScoolari: 10:27pm On Jan 31
The biggest pen robber in Tinubu's government...

He is a very deadly fellow, just like a rat that would eat your skin and blow you breeze to cushion the pain.... That's what Femi is doing with Bulaba. (Forget Dirty Loyalty)

Remi Tinubu has been his saving grace, but the day Tinubu will take overdose of his favorite, that would be a bad day for Gbaja.

For now, let him play the saint.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Akinboboz(m): 10:39pm On Jan 31
They should channel the investigation to Lagos, this is coming from the home state.....

But... My question is... Do you have plan to become Lagos state governor or not?

If yes,... Then believe me, you have to look within...

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Warrior99: 11:14pm On Jan 31
Good.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by yarimo(m): 11:43pm On Jan 31
Labour party supporters are good in defamations and fake news undecided undecided

11 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Throwback: 2:48am On Feb 01
The SSS should focus on our security problems.

They are not there to find solutions to the problems faced by politically exposed persons.

They should find solutions to the terrorism and criminality that is engulfing the country.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by ZaddyJ: 2:51am On Feb 01
grin
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by CrownedPhoenix: 2:52am On Feb 01
It's real cowardice to hide in one corner and start spreading falsehood about a person.

It's good he is doing something about it.

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Yankee101: 2:53am On Feb 01
They say the Dss is monitoring you already
You just reported yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Zeus123: 2:53am On Feb 01
Lagos politics 2027 gubernatorial election is in full gear.

Gbaja vs Hamzat vs muri okunola will be all out war.

However, Gbaja hands too no clean.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Xwizard: 2:56am On Feb 01
reverse psychology

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by YourLandMyLand: 3:00am On Feb 01
Throwback:
The SSS should focus on our security problems.

They are not there to find solutions to the problems faced by politically exposed persons.

They should find solutions to the terrorism and criminality that is engulfing the country.

IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu are the bedrock of all security problems in the country. Look at Evans the kidnapper, and several drug trafficking

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Daddyyin: 3:06am On Feb 01
Gbajabiamila should use some of them as scapegoats. Awon eleriibu omo can't smear his name. He is far better than the governors of their various state

6 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by texazzpete(m): 3:08am On Feb 01
For f**ks sake, the DSS should be focused on solving the Boko Haram and bandits menace, alongside other serious issues the country faces.
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Lifestone(m): 3:08am On Feb 01
God1000:
Please help us to expose these skeletons. Abeg, help to expose it.

6 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by theophorus(m): 3:16am On Feb 01
If dem no train you from home, no worry cause the Street go train you wella.

Shebi you think say everything na Cruise, you go wake up begin talk wetin your eye no see because your Party no win elections.

No worry, when hand touch you, you go get sense.

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Olawade24: 3:17am On Feb 01
Calumny kor, Callous ni undecided
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by wonlasewonimi: 3:19am On Feb 01
The question is ..Are you a thief?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Mindlog: 3:45am On Feb 01
yarimo:
Labour party supporters are good in defamations and fake news undecided undecided

Accusing others of what you have achieved PhD in? cheesy

Your psychosis is mouth watering to treat! cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Saturnalia(m): 4:11am On Feb 01
TINTINABULATION:
There is no smoke without fire. It is not by inviting the SSS but by summoning his truer self to tow the path of dignity.

Perhaps, this advice should also be directed to your overnight messiah - Peter Obi.

You people have proven to all and sundry that you’re an expert at removing the speck from other people eyes, while leaving the log in your own eyes intact.

Your hypocrisy is the reason no sensible minds take you seriously.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Never4getU: 4:40am On Feb 01
God1000:

Prove it

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by babajero(m): 4:40am On Feb 01
ijustdey:
Mr Gbajabiamila requests the SSS to investigate and prosecute perpetrators of falsehoods against him.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/663977-gbajabiamila-writes-sss-demands-probe-of-campaign-of-calumny-against-him.html

Rather I think the SSS should investigate him to determine his innocence, instead of trying to use state power for intimidation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by EmmyDJourno: 4:57am On Feb 01
Nigeria a country where thieves dey first Police Station go report who dey accuse them🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:09am On Feb 01
Na them themnai know wetin them dey do nau, if he's not corrupts, he wouldn't be called out by his fellow polithiefcians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by Fiscus105(m): 5:13am On Feb 01
JasonScoolari:
The biggest pen robber in Tinubu's government...

He is a very deadly fellow, just like a rat that would eat your skin and blow you breeze to cushion the pain.... That's what Femi is doing with Bulaba. (Forget Dirty Loyalty)

Remi Tinubu has been his saving grace, but the day Tinubu will take overdose of his favorite, that would be a bad day for Gbaja.

For now, let him play the saint.

It seems Tinubu has started cutting him to size

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by SaLongs1(m): 5:39am On Feb 01
Imagine this one saying he served without blemish grin grin.
Re: Gbajabiamila Writes SSS, Demands Probe Of Campaign Of Calumny Against Him by bdon123(m): 5:39am On Feb 01
ijustdey:

I like this man becos his own type of corruption comes wit big grammar.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Averts Another Suicide Attack In Borno.. / APC Reconciliation: Tinubu Meets Taraba State APC Factions (Photos) / Sultan Of Sokoto, Sa'ad Abubakar 64th Birthday: Governor Sani Bello Hails Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.