Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? (734 Views)

Soldiers Kill 105 Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists In Buni Gari, Yobe State (Graphic) / Soldiers Repel Attack On Buni Gari, Yobe. Scores Killed / Governor Ganduje Inspecting Sabon Gari Flyover Amidst Bribery Allegation [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by absingle(m): 7:04am On Feb 01
Let me know
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Cassandraloius: 7:08am On Feb 01
My garri It saves me everytime.
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by jeff1993: 7:09am On Feb 01
It is and will always be a poor man best food
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by adeoyekay(m): 7:15am On Feb 01
jeff1993:
It is and will always be a poor man best food
currently, it is not a poor man food.
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by ozo13(m): 7:26am On Feb 01
Even in the north, it's 900.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by eepeepook: 8:34am On Feb 01
Start subsistence farming.
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Gucciblog: 8:40am On Feb 01
eepeepook:
Start subsistence farming.

Akuko.

Show us your farm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Yemike(m): 9:03am On Feb 01
2 cups of garri - #160
2 sachets of water - #50
Groundnut - #100

Total - #310

(A year ago, 2 wraps of fufu - #200
Meat - #100
No need to buy water, there's cold water inside the clay pot behind the door).

Unfortunately, when you consider the surge in food prices it's still a poor man's food but the main problem is that to get the money con hard.
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Greatzeus(m): 9:12am On Feb 01
absingle:
Let me know
Yes it is and will always be the last and available alternative for poor and broke people compare to other foodstuffs.
Compare the price of a paint of garri to paint of rice or beans or wheat or semolina etc the difference is clear. So as price of garri increases so is the prices of other foodstuffs. So garri is always the cheapest to buy in terms of quantity and cheapest to make into a meal, either by drinking or making eba.
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by DAREH13: 9:15am On Feb 01
If your body no full no put body

Check out this free app — It Pays to Walk 🚶 https://sweatco.in/i/babaloladare50635360908
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Penguin2: 9:20am On Feb 01
800 where?

Garri is 2000 naira in Lagos.

I wonder where you are buying 800.
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by princemillla(m): 9:23am On Feb 01
Penguin2:
800 where?

Garri is 2000 naira in Lagos.

I wonder where you are buying 800.

As at today 2500, ijebu 3000 naira. That's wat I bought yesterday

1 Like

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by 2mch(m): 9:24am On Feb 01
That is the wickedness of the average Nigerian and has nothing to do with dollar. Do they import cassava?
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by system21: 9:24am On Feb 01
Gucciblog:

Akuko.

Show us your farm
No mind foolish APC supporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Treadway: 9:31am On Feb 01
2mch:
That is the wickedness of the average Nigerian and has nothing to do with dollar. Do they import cassava?
when we say y'all are not deep thinkers it will seem like insult, when it isn't.

If you are in the garri value chain as a farmer or distributor you will sell cheap cos you don't import cassava abi? Let's even say you don't recognize some of the fertilizer used is imported, as a farmer or distributor will you only eat garri, or you will also go to the market to buy rice, beans, meat? Are the prices of those ones also cheap? personal transport costs nko, cheap? Your children school fees nko, cheap? Your rent nko, cheap? Clothing and shoes nko, cheap? Peradventure the person come get dreams to buy generator, or fridge or television, all those things nko, cheap? Where do you reckon he would earn/make the money to pay for all those??

Thinking deep is easy o, all you have to do is not stay on surface level.

Here is a guide that can help you in future... you ask yourself, how much deeper can I think this thing through?

3 Likes

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by 2mch(m): 9:34am On Feb 01
Treadway:
when we say y'all are not deep thinkers it will seem like insult, when it isn't.

If you are in the garri value chain as a farmer or distributor you will sell cheap cos you don't import cassava abi? Let's even say you don't recognize some of the fertilizer used is imported, as a farmer or distributor will you only eat garri, or you will also go to the market to buy rice, beans, meat? Are the prices of those ones also cheap? personal transport costs nko, cheap? Your children school fees nko, cheap? Your rent nko, cheap? Clothing and shoes nko, cheap? Peradventure the person come get dreams to buy generator, or fridge or television, all those things nko, cheap?

Thinking deep is easy o, all you have to do is not stay on surface level.

Here is a guide that can help you in future... you ask yourself, how much deeper can I think this thing through?
You are dumb. You think everybody is like you that does not understand the flow of the food chain? Fertilizer has not increased that much for Garri to go up that much.

1 Like

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Treadway: 9:38am On Feb 01
2mch:

You are dumb. You think everybody is like you that does not understand the flow of the food chain? Fertilizer has not increased that much for Garri to go up that much.
lol.. shit for brains.

A puny ant with its brain size could def comprehend my well-elucidated point better. You on the other hand are just worthless.

Carry on.

3 Likes

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by 2mch(m): 9:47am On Feb 01
Treadway:
lol.. shit for brains.

A puny ant with its brain size could def comprehend my well-elucidated point better. You on the other hand are just worthless.

Carry on.
You are stupid. Extremely so. You think everyone here is a fool like you that sit all day on Nairaland chatting trash. Idiot.
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by mightyhazel: 10:07am On Feb 01
2mch:
they don't import cassava,but they use other imported things like vehicles,fuel,drugs,solar panels,armored cables,electronics,power plants,graters,etc etc.. and these things are all affected by dollar

If garri sellers don't increase their own goods and say leave it at 300 per paint because na them love Nigeria pass.. they will not be able to afford common antibiotics talkless of graters,processors and their parts when the current ones develop faults.. Automatic closure for biz

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by 2mch(m): 10:11am On Feb 01
mightyhazel:
they don't import cassava,but they use other imported things like vehicles,fuel,drugs,solar panels,armored cables,electronics,power plants,graters,etc etc.. and these things are all affected by dollar

If garri sellers don't increase their own goods and say leave it at 300 per paint because na them love Nigeria pass.. they will not be able to afford common antibiotics talkless of anti hypertensives and anti diabetic drugs for the challenged among them

Hope this helps

Most of them use local processors. Where is the light for them to use all these things? Most of the people that supply the market Garri are village women. This is Nigerian market sellers simply profiting and using dollar as an excuse. I know what I am saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by mightyhazel: 10:14am On Feb 01
2mch:

Most of them use local processors. Where is the light for them to use all these things? Most of the people that supply the market Garri are village women. This is Nigerian market sellers simply profiting and using dollar as an excuse. I know what I am saying.
so because they are village women they shouldn't use vehicles? They shouldn't use electronics and they should use only agbo when they fall Ill

Their kids should not go to good Schools and access good medical facilities and otherwise?

You are attacking the bottom cadre while exonerating those that should be held accountable

2 Likes

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Anunakeeh: 10:14am On Feb 01
2mch:

True.
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by 2mch(m): 10:18am On Feb 01
mightyhazel:
so because they are village women they shouldn't use vehicles? They shouldn't use electronics and they should use only agbo when they fall Ill

Their kids should not go to good Schools and access good medical facilities and otherwise?

You are attacking the bottom cadre while exonerating those that should be held accountable
You are confused. WTF are you saying? Shit men some of you here are straight up crazy.

1 Like

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Gobengroup(m): 10:20am On Feb 01
princemillla:

As at today 2500, ijebu 3000 naira. That's wat I bought yesterday
That's paint not the type the measurement the Op is talking about..

We use paint mostly in Lagos, it contain 2 and a half rubber which the Op

1 Like

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by mightyhazel: 10:21am On Feb 01
2mch:

You are confused. WTF are you saying? Shit men some of you here are straight up crazy.
Says a brain dead runt who has just reached his inevitable dead end..

If you claim otherwise,then go back ,read my post and talk intelligibly..fat chance tho
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Anunakeeh: 10:21am On Feb 01
mightyhazel:

If garri sellers don't increase their own goods and say leave it at 300 per paint because na them love Nigeria pass.. they will not be able to afford common antibiotics talkless of graters,processors and their parts when the current ones develop faults.. Automatic closure for biz

Hope this helps

Stupid and foolish assertion.

Most village people make use of natural remedies for 90% of their needs which is always readily available at their fingertips and backyards.

The only point you could have made which would have made sense is cost of transportation to transport their goods to city due to fuel price hike. But yet the producers aren't even the ones who distribute their products themselves but the middle men/women.

The major problem are the greedy middle men/women who usually buy from the village people at a very lower rate then bring to the city to sell at outrageous price.
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by mightyhazel: 10:24am On Feb 01
Anunakeeh:

Stupid and foolish assertion.

Bla Bla BLA...

The only point you made which will make sense is cost of transportation .

You are not just Confused but Stupid and foolish like u said with your own putrid mouth

An assertion is stupid and foolish but u agree

Olodo pro max
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Anunakeeh: 10:25am On Feb 01
mightyhazel:

You are not just Confused but Stupid and foolish like u said with your own putrid mouth

An assertion is stupid and foolish but u agree

Olodo pro max

Lol mumu tear rubbergrin
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by princemillla(m): 10:29am On Feb 01
Gobengroup:

That's paint not the type the measurement the Op is talking about..

We use paint mostly in Lagos, it contain 2 and a half rubber which the Op

Oh ok am not used to bowl don't know they measure in bowl too
Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Gobengroup(m): 10:34am On Feb 01
princemillla:

Oh ok am not used to bowl don't know they measure in bowl too
Other states in the West use mostly bowl and a paint contain 2 and a half bowl... The price of garri is still same everywhere in the West although it may be cheaper or costlier in different place, #100 difference at most I think...

1 Like

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by princemillla(m): 10:37am On Feb 01
Gobengroup:

Other states in the West use mostly bowl and a paint contain 2 and a half bowl... The price of garri is still same everywhere in the West although it may be cheaper or costlier in different place, #100 difference at most I think...

My headache Is I bought 1800 last time until yesterday I was surprised to hear 2500.

Aside logistics wat else could shoot price garri this high

1 Like

Re: 800 Per Bowl !!!!! Is Gari Still A Poor Man's Food? by Seunpapa65: 10:48am On Feb 01
2mch:
So them no dey pay for tfare abi after selling it cheaply you them no go buy other things

(1) (Reply)

“All They Are Trying To Do Is To Silence Or Arrest Me” – Ningi Fires At Akpabio / Hamas Supporters Are Not Talking About The Genocide In Okuama / Why Peter Obi Cannot Do Anything About Water Scarcity In Enugu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.