Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,013 members, 7,825,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike (26916 Views)

CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs / Tax Evasion: Customers Stranded As Kano Seals Five GT Bank Branches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Throwback: 12:52pm On Feb 01
Let them be stranded at the BDC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by mohbadliveson: 12:54pm On Feb 01
na nationwide protest go end everything las las

2 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by AMAUCHESKY(m): 12:55pm On Feb 01
Is every were
bad addiction is a distraction to your direction in life.. let me help you out via my signature
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Coolestguy2023: 12:55pm On Feb 01
This is beautiful. All those BDC should be faced out. They are causing more harm than good to our currency.

Reading through the comments, i can see that most people on this platform are dumb and senseless. They know absolutely nothing.
The people killing our economy are gradually been phased out and these dumb people are insulting the president. They don't even know there left from there right

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Basicend: 12:56pm On Feb 01
The naira is hugely undervalued, I believe.

Some people are just hell-bent to destroy a whole nation's economy bcoz of their selfish gain.

So sad we have so many demonic minds in this country.

It's clear now that the Tinubu adminstration is trying to find a rectification and stabilize the naira but underneath forces won't just rest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Emman08: 12:56pm On Feb 01
I have never seen anything like it. A country other than the US being so obsessed over the US Dollar

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Drone95(m): 12:56pm On Feb 01
It's well with my country.

Check out this free app — It Pays to Walk 🚶 https://sweatco.in/i/michaelayohilarious
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by AlphaTaikun: 12:57pm On Feb 01
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Juanmike(m): 12:57pm On Feb 01
Nothing serious, must teach Obi and igbos plow politics is done.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by adeade83: 12:58pm On Feb 01
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by adeade83: 12:58pm On Feb 01
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:00pm On Feb 01
Why do nigerians take actions when it's too late
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by MemphitzDgreat1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 01
WhisperedNoise:
Lol
Tinubu is actually doing well. He is breaking the record as the most USELESS president to have ever ruled Nigeria.

Buhari was a failure. Emefiele was a failure. But compared to Tinubu, those guys are Harvard graduates.

Yesterday, #1 was equal to $0.0006. That's how PATHETIC the economy is in less than 2 years of government.

The more painful thing is that demented, pathetic foot soldiers like yarimo, helineus, MannaBBgrills, okoroawusa and other lunatics will rush to defend APC. May the thunder of heaven strike all of you.

Tinubu should resign in absolute shame and disgrace.
The thunder wey go fire those APC urchins na ×1000000. Watch as they'll avoid this thread.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Myrepublic(m): 1:03pm On Feb 01
Ablesam171:
That was how one olodo came out to tell us that ₦1,400 you can eat two raps of eba with kpomo and meat as if Nigeria minimum wage can afford you to eat ₦1,400 everyday. Wether you like it or not, US dollars plays a vital role in our economy and lives as Nigerians.
And one mumu was saying under the thread that he ate two wraps of fufu for #400 and two meat #400. They gave him free water and he still had change inside $1. The idiot was celebrating like he won a medal. The anger that entered me ,after reading it en.. He was lucky he isn't close to me physically. The way I for slap his mouth en.. Make we go station for two fighting. But I go don beat him to my satisfaction first.. I go bail myself
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Flier: 1:03pm On Feb 01
abhosts:
They probably got intel that the government wanted to raid them to use as scapegoats.
I believe they are the problem because Dollar has already fallen back to 1,320 -1$ today
what is their problem? they should have a fixed buying and selling rate and not to inflate the price every day

5 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Coronavirus1: 1:03pm On Feb 01
shiwex:
Emi Lokan, Emi Lokan.......see as you messed the whole country up. I don't blame the man , I blame ignorant Nigerians tht decide an 80 year old man is the one that should come and lead the country.

We living abroad can see where all these will end. We told you ..Obi was your man..you all dey shout Na Yoruba turn. I am a Yoruba man and will never have voted for an old, corrupt man like Tinubu.

I do not pity all those that are suffering, they had the chance to change their future but they decided to enslave themselves to APC.
Blame only inec chairman mahmod
PDP and labour party combined
vote together then you will see that majority of Nigerian didn't vote for Apc government.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by RepoMan007: 1:03pm On Feb 01
why should you shut down just because some people said you are responsible?

I suspect the closing of gap between the official and black market rate has killed the business of their collaborators round tripping CBN dollars.

1 Like

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Basicend: 1:05pm On Feb 01
Coolestguy2023:
This is beautiful. All those BDC should be faced out. They are causing more harm than good to our currency.

Reading through the comments, i can see that most people on this platform are dumb and senseless. They know absolutely nothing.
The people killing our economy are gradually been phased out and these dumb people are insulting the president. They don't even know there left from there right

It's deeper than you think.

You think the FX moppers are not involved in I&E floor dealings?

Look, the Nigerian economy and security is currently besieged by a collective clique of high powered elites.

Let's keep praying. It's is well with Nigeria.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by waveman2: 1:05pm On Feb 01
Is bag of cement imported too? Most Nigerians can't even afford foreign products but even the cost of the local ones is on the rise why?Removal of subsidy and floating of the naira at the same time.Two huge policies implemented at the same time.

ajimo54:

They should not exist in the first place! They are the killers of the economy in collaboration with banks and their paymasters! Nigerians looking for dollars to hide are not excluded! Dollar is not our currency but it determines the prices of goods and services! Most IT services are rendered in dollars because they are foreign and most consuming products in Nigeria are imported! It is wrong for the government to peg the price of what is not theirs! Naira can only be valuable if all these horaders and Aboki are no longer in charge of dollars! All dollars should be turned to digital!
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 1:08pm On Feb 01
MemphitzDgreat1:

The thunder wey go fire those APC urchins na ×1000000. Watch as they'll avoid this thread.
They're cowards. Check any thread about Obi, who isn't their president, and you'll find them there disgracing their entire lineage but when it comes to their president, the BAT, they'll scurry away in shame and fear. Goats.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by skj1377(m): 1:09pm On Feb 01
Naira is undervalued. Floating a currency does not give a fair value of any of the currency. Naira is taking a hit because everyone wants his Naira converted to dollars .

1 Like

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by skj1377(m): 1:10pm On Feb 01
The Naira is floating away. Mad protest loading this year due to hardship.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 1:11pm On Feb 01
samtoles:
And them shutting down today has strengthened the Naira a little. It was 1520 yesterday and now 1400 this morning. Let's see if it keeps going down before the close of business today.

So its looking like they actually contribute to the hike.
I'm sure that the temporary lowered price will rebound very soon.

3 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 1:13pm On Feb 01
Myrepublic:
And one mumu was saying under the thread that he ate two wraps of fufu for #400 and two meat #400. They gave him free water and he still had change inside $1. The idiot was celebrating like he won a medal. The anger that entered me ,after reading it en.. He was lucky he isn't close to me physically. The way I for slap his mouth en.. Make we go station for two fighting. But I go don beat him to my satisfaction first.. I go bail myself
LMAO! Chief, don't waste your energy on those set of people. Theyre actually very stewpeed. The registration fee for joining APC is one's brain so once one joins, they collect one's brain. That's why APC supporters are brainLESS.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Saidfx(m): 1:14pm On Feb 01
Basicend:

It's deeper than you think.

You think the FX moppers are not involved in I&E floor dealings?

Look, the Nigerian economy and security is currently besieged by a collective clique of high powered elites.

Let's keep praying. It's is well with Nigeria.

Don't mind them, they will tell you it's easy but they voted a drug baron that knows nothing about the economy. I just have a feeling this dollar drama is going to expose lots of mischief makers den and it is before the end.of the second quarter. Save my quote 💯✌️💯
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Osolo1(m): 1:15pm On Feb 01
All transactions should be in the local currency,foreign currency exchange should only be limited to external transactions only , that's the only way to safe the naira.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Geovanni412(m): 1:16pm On Feb 01
samtoles:
And them shutting down today has strengthened the Naira a little. It was 1520 yesterday and now 1400 this morning. Let's see if it keeps going down before the close of business today.

So its looking like they actually contribute to the hike.

Dey play

I dey Aba and I just got dollar at 1510 naira for $1

I know it will come down to 1200 but I don't care, the destination is 2000 naira to one dollar

2 Likes

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Myrepublic(m): 1:16pm On Feb 01
WhisperedNoise:

LMAO! Chief, don't waste your energy on those set of people. Theyre actually very stewpeed. The registration fee for joining APC is one's brain so once one joins, they collect one's brain. That's why APC supporters are brainLESS.
My brother,those folks are very annoying..
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by sweerychick(f): 1:16pm On Feb 01
shiwex:
Emi Lokan, Emi Lokan.......see as you messed the whole country up. I don't blame the man , I blame ignorant Nigerians tht decide an 80 year old man is the one that should come and lead the country.

We living abroad can see where all these will end. We told you ..Obi was your man..you all dey shout Na Yoruba turn. I am a Yoruba man and will never have voted for an old, corrupt man like Tinubu.

I do not pity all those that are suffering, they had the chance to change their future but they decided to enslave themselves to APC.
my dear calm down. Not all those suffering voted Tinubu. Most of them voted Obi but the system rigged in Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by o123456789(m): 1:17pm On Feb 01
If the dollar should hit 1$ to 5k Naira, there are some few individuals that are super excited eg. USD account holders with large amount of money. And remote workers that earns in USD. If you look properly you will notice that I now sell in USD!!!
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by omenka1: 1:20pm On Feb 01
Master strategist is really strategizing, kudos to him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) / CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 / USSD: NCC Bars Telcos From Charging Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.