Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike (26914 Views)

CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs / Tax Evasion: Customers Stranded As Kano Seals Five GT Bank Branches (2) (3) (4)

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by MasterTeeUSA: 2:40pm On Feb 01
You are ignorant. You are not the only one living abroad. We didn't support Tinubu because he is Yoruba. Biden and Trump are older...why isn't Americans voting for someone younger? Is Biden and Trump free of sins? Again, you are ignorant and the choice for leadership is first and foremost...Trust.

People just don't trust Obi to lead them and he didn't help by creating a religious campaign...Yes Daddy and his supporters being ethnocentric and switching between Biafra and Nigeria. Obi and Atiku supported removal of subsidy.. it is better to face these pains now than to become Ghana begging everyone for money just to stay afloat. We are investing and this is the planting season. Keep your faithless and hopeless mindset to yourself.

shiwex:
Emi Lokan, Emi Lokan.......see as you messed the whole country up. I don't blame the man , I blame ignorant Nigerians tht decide an 80 year old man is the one that should come and lead the country.

We living abroad can see where all these will end. We told you ..Obi was your man..you all dey shout Na Yoruba turn. I am a Yoruba man and will never have voted for an old, corrupt man like Tinubu.

I do not pity all those that are suffering, they had the chance to change their future but they decided to enslave themselves to APC.

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by ChronicGp(m): 2:52pm On Feb 01
youngsahito:
What APC govt cannot do does not exist. Useless evil party.

I DISAGREE
APC CAN'T MAKE 9JA GREAT
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Enyinne(f): 2:52pm On Feb 01
Pls where can i get update on the lastest price . .
Dotherightthing:
Naira now NGN1,380 smiley

When they resume, it will gain further smiley
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 3:02pm On Feb 01
badoh:

Even if he resigns today, who do you think can salvage this country? The Citizens themselves are not helping matters, always looking for loopholes to game the system. Nigeria needs strong institutions to get back on her feets.
Very true, chief. The judiciary first needs a massive overhaul. The NPF too. Then civil service needs to be reformed. O ga.

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 3:02pm On Feb 01
Myrepublic:
My brother,those folks are very annoying..
I taya
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by ivandrag0n: 3:02pm On Feb 01
WhisperedNoise:
Tinubu is actually doing well. He is breaking the record as the most USELESS president to have ever ruled Nigeria.

Buhari was a failure. Emefiele was a failure. But compared to Tinubu, those guys are Harvard graduates.

Yesterday, #1 was equal to $0.0006. That's how PATHETIC the economy is in less than 2 years of government.

The more painful thing is that demented, pathetic foot soldiers like yarimo, helineus, MannaBBgrills, okoroawusa and other lunatics will rush to defend APC. May the thunder of heaven strike all of you.

Tinubu should resign in absolute shame and disgrace.

I double dare Tinubu's stooges to come to this thread. They'll avoid this thread like rats jump off a sinking ship but mention anything Peter Obi and watch them disgrace their lineage and ancestors. Ndi ara.

😂😂😂😂…disgruntled CHILDREN OF HATE all over every timeline cursing Nigeria and telling how much they hate the government yet their useless governors continue to leave them in abject penury and erosion continues to ravage their filthy lands.

May your sifia pains continue.

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by ivandrag0n: 3:03pm On Feb 01
shiwex:
Emi Lokan, Emi Lokan.......see as you messed the whole country up. I don't blame the man , I blame ignorant Nigerians tht decide an 80 year old man is the one that should come and lead the country.

We living abroad can see where all these will end. We told you ..Obi was your man..you all dey shout Na Yoruba turn. I am a Yoruba man and will never have voted for an old, corrupt man like Tinubu.

I do not pity all those that are suffering, they had the chance to change their future but they decided to enslave themselves to APC.

😂😂😂😂…het another demented CHILD OF HATE all cursing Nigeria and telling how much they hate the government yet their useless governors continue to leave them in abject penury and erosion continues to ravage their filthy lands.

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 3:03pm On Feb 01
ivandrag0n:

😂😂😂😂…disgruntled CHILDREN OF HATE all over every timeline cursing Nigeria and telling how much they hate the government yet their useless governors continue to leave them in abject penury and erosion continues to ravage their filthy lands.

Your stewpeedity has made you blind to the wahala facing Nigeria. If you had half a brain, you'd see where I've said several times on this platform that I'm a full blooded Yoruba man, but no. You'd rather be a shameless bigot rather than engage the little sense you have. Eeya. Such a sad tale of woe.

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by theredaddy: 3:13pm On Feb 01
samtoles:
And them shutting down today has strengthened the Naira a little. It was 1520 yesterday and now 1400 this morning. Let's see if it keeps going down before the close of business today.

So its looking like they actually contribute to the hike.

Don't mind those rogues, BDC operator and beneficiary of FX window are the culprits behind the recent Naira free fall

They shutdown today becos the official window and the black market are on par .. trading today won't yield the kind of profit they enjoy

At these point Govt should pause the Official Fx window, let everybody go n source dollar from where ever since we are dollar crazy in Nigeria. we are our own problem

even garri seller is using dollar to justify increment in price

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Bigkoko: 3:14pm On Feb 01
Revolt what? Better be like King 👑 David.... G-d since in your wisdom You made Sauk king, oya use your own hand Kell am!

Allow those with corn in their back pocket to remove their cornfused president!

G-d, life, Karma has a way of making life bearable for the innocent, and really hard for the guilt, that's if you don't make a mistake like trying to lead a revolt against Bulablu!

Dialpad:
Getting crazy, if it hits 2000, I see people revolting
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by H2ho(m): 3:15pm On Feb 01
corruption everywhere….everyone wants to make money by all means…..banks/micro finance/BDC operators and individuals are all responsible for the dollar rise.

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Tonididdyx: 3:15pm On Feb 01
He simply said "emilokan"

.... He never promised y'all lazy asses anything.
Let the man breath!
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by apunanwu311: 3:18pm On Feb 01
What APC govt cannot do does not exist. Useless evil party.What APC govt cannot do does not exist. Useless evil party....
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by theredaddy: 3:20pm On Feb 01
Ablesam171:
That was how one olodo came out to tell us that ₦1,400 you can eat two raps of eba with kpomo and meat as if Nigeria minimum wage can afford you to eat ₦1,400 everyday. Wether you like it or not, US dollars plays a vital role in our economy and lives as Nigerians.

Dollar plays a vital role in our economy becos we all made it so, everyone is to be blamed

As i speak with you a lot of Nigerians are now scrambling for dollar to hoard and sell to make quick gain thats is the lastest update in town.

We can do without dollar, once upon a time we did

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Alliswell248: 3:24pm On Feb 01
This type of news gives the gbadue people party joy.....

They know themselves.....

My Nigeria would be better.

U can say otherwise.

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by GorgeousAF(f): 3:25pm On Feb 01
goodlife4every1:

Imagine that song then, still relevant today! We have not progressed as a nation one bit...

Safe to say we have moved backwards instead.. Retrogression 😂.. Wonder what he would sing if he were still alive to witness this present Nigeria🇳🇬
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by theredaddy: 3:34pm On Feb 01
Coolestguy2023:
This is beautiful. All those BDC should be faced out. They are causing more harm than good to our currency.

Reading through the comments, i can see that most people on this platform are dumb and senseless. They know absolutely nothing.
The people killing our economy are gradually been phased out and these dumb people are insulting the president. They don't even know there left from there right

If the people don't know, can the govt claims they don't know the problem killing our economy

2022 primaries was it not dollars that were shared to delegates, do our politicians not prefer to go about with dollars

Govt know the problem but they feign ignorance cos they are major beneficiaries of Nigeria problem, Tinubu deserves all the insult he get cos he is intentionally feigning cluelessness

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Augustenite(m): 3:38pm On Feb 01
WhisperedNoise:
Tinubu is actually doing well. He is breaking the record as the most USELESS president to have ever ruled Nigeria.

Buhari was a failure. Emefiele was a failure. But compared to Tinubu, those guys are Harvard graduates.

Yesterday, #1 was equal to $0.0006. That's how PATHETIC the economy is in less than 2 years of government.

The more painful thing is that demented, pathetic foot soldiers like yarimo, helineus, MannaBBgrills, okoroawusa and other lunatics will rush to defend APC. May the thunder of heaven strike all of you.

I double dare Tinubu's stooges to come to this thread. They'll avoid this thread like rats jump off a sinking ship but mention anything Peter Obi and watch them disgrace their lineage and ancestors. Ndi ara.

Most of you guys are ignorant of so many things.

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by theredaddy: 3:39pm On Feb 01
RepoMan007:
why should you shut down just because some people said you are responsible?

I suspect the closing of gap between the official and black market rate has killed the business of their collaborators round tripping CBN dollars.

Don't mind dem they think we are all fools, the gap is not profitable so they shutdown .... all these yle the gap was #400 the BDC operators had no sympathy to shut down but when the difference is close they found jesus

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by IgnobleJay: 3:46pm On Feb 01
Na so the levels be

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Oghene86: 3:53pm On Feb 01
shiwex:

Tell them 😁 since they have refused to learn
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Jemex003: 4:12pm On Feb 01
WhisperedNoise:

Why are you obsessed with Dollar?
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by civilserva: 4:20pm On Feb 01
RisenObinna:
Where is FreestfuffNg?
Don't snub this thread.

They are in their WhatsApp group
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Anatolia: 4:27pm On Feb 01
Some people will defend stupidity and incompetence even on their deathbed. No amount of washing can remove foolishness from them.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Temidayo9(m): 4:31pm On Feb 01
shiwex:

All this for Tinubu administration just because of another country currency? Please check yourself Mr foreigner
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Dotherightthing: 4:40pm On Feb 01
Enyinne:
Pls where can i get update on the lastest price . .

The news
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by Kay25(m): 4:48pm On Feb 01
WhisperedNoise:

Ndi osi too..abametrics is all u know why wont u be jumping up and down feeling fly there is nothing happening that's a tragedy to our economy if we wait patiently and do what is right we would get it right once and for all .. what's the essence of a bdc if not for the over dependence on dollar..f

Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 5:45pm On Feb 01
Kay25:

Ndi osi too..abametrics is all u know why wont u be jumping up and down feeling fly there is nothing happening that's a tragedy to our economy if we wait patiently and do what is right we would get it right once and for all .. what's the essence of a bdc if not for the over dependence on dollar..f
Lol. I'm an accountant🤣🤣🤣. You chose to yap because you want to defend your Savior. This is how you guys hyped Buhari till he tanked the economy. Welldone.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 5:46pm On Feb 01
Jemex003:

Why are you obsessed with Dollar?
Obsessed? Any reasonable Nigerian knows that we import majority of our goods using DOLLAR. This is basic SS 1 economics.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 5:47pm On Feb 01
Augustenite:

Most of you guys are ignorant of so many things.
"You guys"? Which guys, I pray thee.
Please "unignorantise" we guys. Oniranu.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by WhisperedNoise: 5:50pm On Feb 01
shiwex:

Honestly, those APC guys are without hope. Have they started calling you Igbo yet for telling them the truth? We won't stop. Nigeria must get better very soon and APC must be relegated to hell, where it belongs.
Re: Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike by alezzy13: 5:56pm On Feb 01
Everyone looking for dollars to hide and then we blame govt for the continued fall

See How Nigerians Spend For Christmas / Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) / CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58