Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. (16735 Views)

Atiku Is Not Considering Igbos After 22 Years Servitude / FG Not Bothered By US Lawmakers’ Moves To Halt $875m Defence Equipments / Malami: FG Not After Twitter Users, But Those Aiding Twitter To Flout Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by UNDFTD: 3:43pm On Feb 03
If you believe that this headline news is FAKE, you're doing so at your peril. If you have a domiciliary account, it's time you go and take your money out from the bank before your hungry-for-$$ government takes it from you and converts it to worthless naira. If it claims that the news is fake, why then is it mounting pressures on banks to FREE up any $$ in their possession? Always remember that whenever your government tells you that something is NOT true, you better believe that it is. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:44pm On Feb 03
datola:
Hmmm... this FG people are not wise. They should have kept quiet.

Yeah, I agree with you...they should have kept quiet si that people will rush to offload their dollars,that way, atleast naira will strengthen a little

1 Like

Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by azpekuliar: 3:50pm On Feb 03
kelly72:
On Tuesday morning, I will take out all my dollars from my dom account and leave it empty for them. I will then find a nice place in my house or office to keep my $ savings.

I have a right to save my few money in whatever currency I choose. Those who destroyed this economy know themselves. When they were carrying stolen public money in bullion vans to their houses on election day, they didn't realise what damage they were doing to the country they are now pretending to love.

Now because I have saved my hard earned 2 shillings in a dom account just as they have hundreds of foreign accounts where they store their loot, they are speculating daily how to cease my money.

I will not only remove it and keep in my house, but painfully convert what is left in Naira so as to halt the daily loss of value. I regret not changing all my money to $ when it was still 792/$. That's my biggest regret.

Very clueless criminals so desperate for power for no reason other than self aggrandizement.

Let us not also forget their party primaries. Shamelessly and brazenly dollarized.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by orisa37: 4:06pm On Feb 03
That's better. But The Banks can use the $30bn as Collateral to procure New Naira Notes for the BOI to loan out for local industries.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by masseratti: 4:09pm On Feb 03
Badgers14:

CBN weren't regulating the flow properly... at least according to what former deputy governor of Kano said a week ago.
in a country where regulation is weak is it not better to allow free flow let the market determine the equilibrium.. Nd stop borrowing for goodness sake.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Junior1212: 4:23pm On Feb 03
The effect of Converting dollar to naira in dorm is temporary, what Nigeria needs now is a stable currency, for example 1 usd to 1 naira will be equal to 800 naira for the next 5-10 years, this can only be achieved with balance of payment, our export has to be higher than our import. Let's ask our selves this question what has the FG not done to stop this naira issue, (1) they v devalued Naira twice thinking it will bring investors but who will invest if currency is not stable, at least let it be stable in the official market, beside no security, electricity and government experimenting with policies. ( 2) floating the Naira when u know your power to export is weak (3) trying to unify currency, after unifying the currency very few weeks later we went back and the difference btw parallel markets and others is wide, (4) trying to convert dorm account to Naira, economically I don't see how this can restore the market, or make our currency stable which is the most important and can attract investors. This policy will even make Nigerian s in diaspora stop remitting Fx and make investors lose more confidence, if there's enough export and demand for the Naira in the first place there can never be hoarding. FG should face policies that will help our balance of payment ( export) without that any other policy will destroy the market and cause more hardship for Nigerian s at the long run.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by micxwell(m): 6:44pm On Feb 03
kettykin:
We were already waiting for them , brainless people, come and touch my Dom account and see problem. Useless good for nothing government and their stewpid advisors
Bro, they will wipe your account and nothing will happen. Dey play.
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by DEROX: 7:38pm On Feb 03
Naz34:
keep deceiving yourself with deceit. Tribal begots
fool you people are addicted to poverty na let nigeria break first oloriburuku omo ase
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by DEROX: 7:39pm On Feb 03
Jackson105:

Maybe you can kill yourself, instead of feeling sad then.
fools reason alike oloshi
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Obierika(m): 12:34pm On Feb 05
UNDFTD:
If you believe that this headline news is FAKE, you're doing so at your peril. If you have a domiciliary account, it's time you go and take your money out from the bank before your hungry-for-$$ government takes it from you and converts it to worthless naira. If it claims that the news is fake, why then is it mounting pressures on banks to FREE up any $$ in their possession? Always remember that whenever your government tells you that something is NOT true, you better believe that it is. A word is enough for the wise.

Stop spreading fake news!
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Obierika(m): 3:32pm On Feb 05
UNDFTD:

Let me state this unequivocally, this message is NOT for a poor wretch like yourself. You do NOT even have enough worthless Naira in your bank account more or less having a domiciliary account. So, keep wallowing in your ignorance and stupidity!

Do you agree to drink a bottle of Sniper if I show you the balance in my dom account? Yes or No?
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by Obierika(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05
UNDFTD:

I do NOT give a damn...you are still an ignorant dumb a$$!

Answer the question, simple yes or no!
Re: FG Not Considering Converting $30 Billion Domiciliary Deposit To Naira. by UNDFTD: 4:42pm On Feb 16
Obierika:

Stop spreading fake news!

In a note via SMS to customers, some of the banks said domiciliary account holders can change United States (U.S.) dollars in their accounts to naira directly on its internet banking platform instantly.

Hey there wise guy, has it dawned on you how foolish you were arguing with me about domiciliary account? Is it still fake news to you? Fools like you NEVER learn until its too freaking late. I hope you learn from this experience!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Holds Thanksgiving Service, Says His Re-Election Is For Rivers People / Abubakar Sani Doki Dies At National Assembly Clinic / PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.