Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

The First Time He Took A Cigarette - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Time He Took A Cigarette (22134 Views)

"My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" / *The Love of A Cigarette Smoker* (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Interesting15: 8:14am On Feb 04
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional (4th February 2024)

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: The First Time He Took A Cigarette
‬‬
For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.‭I Corinthians‬ ‭6:20‬ ‭NKJV

There is someone I used to know, a man who was vehemently addicted to smoking and taking alcoholic drinks. He helplessly spent a lot of money every day just to tend to his addictions, so much so that his family (his wife and children) struggled to live a good life.

After some time, he started getting sick, and upon being diagnosed, it was obvious that his addictions had started affecting his internal organs. Unfortunately, he was so addicted that even while dying each day, he couldn't stop smoking and drinking, till he died.

Upon reflecting on the incident, I started imagining the very first time he probably took a cigarette. It would have been exciting and he would have been thrilled with his newly found adventure. Obviously, he won't have imagined that in years to come, he would become a slave to his addictions, and will slowly watch how what he loved sucks life away from his body. On the day of his death, he might have looked back to the very first day he took his first cigarette and alcohol, and wished he had turned it down when offered. But it was too late.

When you see an addict, there is always a first time he or she tried that thing. There is always a first time. The first time, they won't have imagined the extent of the damage they will wreak on their bodies shortly.

The first time you are introduced to something sinful, it always seems pleasurable and enjoyable. It might be sexual immorality, taking what's not yours, telling a lie, injecting harmful substances into your body, etc. Your fallen flesh craves for more, and the pleasures deaden your senses of reasoning and conscience. You soon gravitate into a state of addiction, and you become a slave to what gives you sinful pleasure.

Unfortunately, the wicked devil utilizes your sinful addictions to actualize his cruel aims - to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). He steals a person's identity, strength, peace and wellbeing, etc. He kills the person by causing a separation between them and God (who is our Creator and Source) before dumping such into their premature grave (since such a person has given him the access to spoil their life by slipping away from under God's hedge of protection). He destroys such an individual by getting them ruined eternally in hell.

The first time you do something sinful and you enjoy the pleasure, know that this could only be the beginning of a journey into a nasty addiction that you will regret eventually. Whenever you have the choice to do something sinful and wrong, let the thoughts of the terrible implications advise you to ignore such.

And if you are currently addicted to anything bad and harmful, run to Jesus today and ask for His help.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, help me to not embrace a lifestyle that leads to destruction.

Further Reading
‭‭‬
There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. Proverbs‬ ‭14:12‬

https://www.instagram.com/p/C26q3BnoNg8/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Interesting15: 8:14am On Feb 04
The grave is unfortunately the richest place on earth, because a lot of people are not able to fulfill destiny before they die. It takes wisdom to fulfill destiny, as wisdom empowers you to become all you should become.

Start your day with Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional, and you will have a spiritual companion to empower you towards a productive day.

To get free monthly copies, see this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7990407/free-copies-wisdom-destiny-devotional

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Draslo(m): 8:27am On Feb 04
I should also write topic about the first time someone ate a burger and became addicted, got obese and died of heart complications.

Too much of anything is bad

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Atarakpa: 8:42am On Feb 04
Upon all this hardship you still no get sense to bring a topic that will fetch us money

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Justoneweek: 8:42am On Feb 04
I will personally organize a family Thanksgiving with a big ram the day i will eventually stop smoking.
Been smoking for over 30 years now.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by AntiChristian: 8:43am On Feb 04
But Jesus gave people miracle booze in a wedding in Cana!

Is it not the same alcoholic wine?

Even Jesus drank same wine with sinners many times!

And Jesus died at just 33!

Age of death no matter!

Many don old pass Jesus sef! undecided

11 Likes

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by MisterBanny(m): 8:43am On Feb 04
It is well with smokers

4 Likes

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by DiskJokeyManic: 8:43am On Feb 04
😐😐
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Atarakpa: 8:45am On Feb 04
Draslo:
I should also write topic about the first time someone ate a burger and became addicted, got obese and died of heart complications.

you forget during his ill time he has no money to treat himself simply because he uses all his savings on king burger

4 Likes

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by lokotamak(m): 8:46am On Feb 04
Smokers are liabie to die young[size cool cool cool
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by StormpyBee: 8:46am On Feb 04
But he wouldn't have lived forever. Every living thing must taste death. Whether he dies out of addiction today or not, he will still die tomorrow.

Death is inevitable, but the memories of life makes it worth while.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Draslo(m): 8:47am On Feb 04
Atarakpa:
you forget during his ill time he has no money to treat himself simply because he uses all his savings on king burger
Says who?
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Anijay1212(m): 8:47am On Feb 04
angry
Addiction is a terrible thing.
God will help us.
Happy Sunday everyone.

3 Likes

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by superCleanworks(m): 8:47am On Feb 04
Interesting15:

The first time you are introduced to something sinful, it always seems pleasurable and enjoyable.... and you become a slave to what gives you sinful pleasure.

Pleasure? Many people who fit into your profile of clean and righteous got into drugs and alcohol due to elements of life and trauma beyond their control. Rape victims, hearbreak, financial and family loss.
I know someone who never tasted alcohol but 2 years later he was drinking strong whiskey because his wife got him deported after she started sleeping around.

... the wicked devil utilizes your sinful addictions before dumping such into their premature grave (since such a person has given him the access to spoil their life by slipping away from under God's hedge of protection).

All those women and children slaughtered in Jos and SENT TO THEIR EARLY GRAVES for no reason, what was their addiction?

How about Deborah & Leah Sharibu & All the Chibok ladies? What was their addiction?

Remember Christmas day bombing victims and Owo church shooting victims? Tell them about addiction.

The first time you do something sinful and you enjoy the pleasure,

ok let's talk about Addiction FIRST TIMES.

it is easy for you to sit on you HOLY HIGH HORSE and point fingers at people until you walk a step in their shoes.

1 Like

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by femi4: 8:48am On Feb 04
Draslo:

Some things ain't just good for your body, whether little or too much.

If too much of anything is bad, why don't you try a little drop of hypo in your food

5 Likes

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Draslo(m): 8:49am On Feb 04
femi4:
Some things ain't just good for your body, whether little or too much.

If too much of anything is bad, why don't you try a little drop of hypo in your food
You're braindead bro

10 Likes

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Juniorangel(m): 8:49am On Feb 04
This is not about smoking
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by guass(m): 8:50am On Feb 04
People die everyday, is it smoking that kills them
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by femi4: 8:51am On Feb 04
Draslo:

You're braindead bro
Cry me a river
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by spencekat(m): 8:54am On Feb 04
Negative habits kill. Thank you for this piece.

1 Like

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by LONEWOLFJOHN: 8:54am On Feb 04
Interesting15:
The grave is unfortunately the richest place on earth, because a lot of people are not able to fulfill destiny before they die. It takes wisdom to fulfill destiny, as wisdom empowers you to become all you should become.

Start your day with Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional, and you will have a spiritual companion to empower you towards a productive day.
the most righteous person must eventually die of Something even at a very young age, I know of a man who died at 98, and he started smoking at 15 according to grandpa before his demise, Jesus died at the age of 33, you see this death? Forget it, my mum use to shout on us to stop consuming anything sugar. She always Cook without seasoning, at 60, she got knocked down by diabetes. So this life is not about what you take, it's how it has been designed, there was a man whom the family believed he was inside MH373 Malaysia flight, unfortunately he told his wife he was traveling to china, but lodge in a hotel with his girlfriend, MH373 hasn't been found till today, this man couldn't Come out to tell public what happened to MH373 flight ✈️, can we now say sin of adultery saved his life? No.

9 Likes

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by ShangTsung000: 8:55am On Feb 04
IYOO...

I'll smoke my weed,sk, Arizona,loud, Ghana loud, Scottish Loud, Canadian loud.Sengemenge,gellato,(except Colorado) till infinity

Why?

Because it doesn't contain nicotine.
Anything outside these above mentioned recipes are not good for the health.

ONYE ANWULU!!!

1 Like

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by spencekat(m): 8:56am On Feb 04
Atarakpa:
Upon all this hardship you still no get sense to bring a topic that will fetch us money
Go to the Business or investment section.
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Samirana360(m): 8:57am On Feb 04
Devil at work
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by maureensylvia(f): 8:57am On Feb 04
Mkpuruobi juru ncheghari fugbuo ya ka onwuo na onweghi ihe ori ndu eme

1 Like

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by spencekat(m): 9:00am On Feb 04
LONEWOLFJOHN:
the most righteous person must eventually die of Something even at a very young age, [/b]I know of a man who died at 98, and he started smoking at 15 according to grandpa before his demise,[b] Jesus died at the age of 33, you see this death? Forget it, my mum use to shout on us to stop consuming anything sugar. She always Cook without seasoning, at 60, she got knocked down by diabetes. So this life is not about what you take, it's how it has been designed, there was a man whom the family believed he was inside MH373 Malaysia flight, unfortunately he told his wife he was traveling to china, but lodge in a hotel with his girlfriend, MH373 hasn't been found till today, this man couldn't Come out to tell public what happened to MH373 flight ✈️, can we now say sin of adultery saved his life? No.
You can't be like him. We all have different shades of grace.
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by jonadaft: 9:06am On Feb 04
tongue
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by omojeesu(m): 9:09am On Feb 04
Hmm!
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by FUTURE4202(m): 9:15am On Feb 04
Pls i need help, i think am addicted to alcohol and i really want to stop but am finding it very difficult to stop. Whenever i take anything alcohol i will want to take more on till i get toxic and starting to behave unlikely. Each time i make the decision to stop, i see myself in a short time drinking again, but trust me am tired of the feelings. Whenever i drink i will want to take more like i said earlier and when am high i feel weak and i will begin to hate myself and alcohol and will say to myself never to drink again but you see it never really happened becos i will still go back to drink the next day. Because of dis i have hated and regretted the first day i started taking alcohol.

Pls i need prayers and serious advice before it gets out of hand. And mind you i was not convinced or approached to start alcohol never, i just ventured into it myself and now am regretting becos am getting addicted to it by the day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? / Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? / Ijaw Youths' Letter To Redemption Ministry, Bayelsa, Demanding N500k From Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.