Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? (10765 Views)

The Labor Market Is Savage! / The Plight Of HND Holders In The Nigerian Labor Market / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by MOG6670(m): 12:55am On Feb 10
Love800:
Okay.
Really enjoyed ur conversation.
Have a wonderful day ahead.
🙏
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Majikman(m): 9:00am On Feb 10
SIXFEETUNDER:
I graduated with third class and after that started getting serious in coding

I learnt to code in Cpp today I work as a senior game dev for a big tech company in eastern yurop

Bro you lie

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Rubyjade: 9:35am On Feb 11
shocked
Meerahbel:
This is prostitution, PERIOD!
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 5:51pm On Feb 11
Crucialgem:
If I wan explain talk go full ground, but summarily I finish 2019 stayed home till after covid got a start up company job for 6 month stayed home till early 2021 got a teaching job before going for service mid 2021 finished service 2022 joined a per time govt job till 2023 before joining another start up before folding up last December till now haven't gotten an job

Please if anyone has link to purchase and supply management job either procurement officer or inventory/ store management. I am up for it oo I am currently almost through with my CIPSMN professional course

Pls how do u register for this course. My skillset cut across inventory/store management and logistics/distribution. I have been making enquiries on various website but got no reply back. I'd appreciate your help... Please leave me with Ur contact to reach u or can I send a PM via Ur email?!.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:51pm On Feb 11
Hamachi:
This is post is targeted at graduates of 1-10 years.

Few days ago, a graduate of 10 years threatened to burn his certificate, this got me thinking.. Is it that bad? A graduate of 10 years cannot map out a career path or business plan to follow tentatively. This thoughts actually formulated these questions..

Are you doing what you envisaged as an undergraduate, or are you utilizing your survival instinct's.
If you affirm the formal..
What is it?
What are your challenges?
Is it related to course of study?

And if the later is affirmed..
What are those things you do to survive?
What are your challenges?

Your experience will help mold undergraduates and graduates alike and in turn, deter them from towing that shameful path like burning of certificate e.t.c

I was supposed to graduate in 2018, ASUU made it 2019. The school also delayed and I was mobilized to Lagos state for NYSC in 2020.

I purposely begged a senior military officer to aid my deployment to Lagos so I can get chances of approaching major companies but unfortunately I was posted to a school. I hated teaching and thanks to COVID 19, I only spent 4months in the school but still had a headlock with the school owner who wanted to start feeling like a God, a woman for that matter.

In 2021 I was done with NYSC and had no one in Lagos to atleast stay with while pursuing other opportunities which I have to return to my state.

I ran back to the senior military officer for a placement in the military and he assured me of an assistance. I'd depended on his words wic made me not to apply for any vacancy thinking I already have a shot in the military, a mistake I made as it took the military a year to make recruitment open in 2022.

After commencement of the recruitment, I applied and ran back to the senior officer who outrightly told me my course of study wasnt listed on the portal and it will be hard for him to push me and to be honest, that year, this particular military sector made alot of changes to their requirement processes. I was devasted and accepted fate thou I applied anyways.

I started job hunting aggressively with lot of rejections. When fate will have it, I was shortlisted for the military recruitment for an aptitude test and I went back to the senior officer who's a brigadier general. He told me to take the aptitude test and he'll take it from there.

I did the test but didn't have my name in the next list of shortlisted candidates. I was so pained and couldn't eat, it was the wife of this general who consoled me. As a matter of fact, that year was my last hope to apply for anything military as age was not on my side anymore. I had a glimpse of getting the job but couldn't make it.

In October 2022, after 20 months of finishing NYSC, I got a store clerk position in an hotel for a salary of 20k with service charge of 30k.

The service charge made the offer juicy and I jump onto it. After a month on the job, the store officer angrily resigned due to maltreatment from the management and I was installed as the store/inventory Officer.

I was doing the job of a store clerk as well as the main store officer. I complained and asked for an assistant to be recruited for me but my appeal went on deaf ears. This work started taking toll on me as I was even supervising the store section, a new site project for the hotel. Imagine I was working on the new site which is not on the employment contract as well as working for the hotel. There are six departments in the hotel with store request frequently.

The site engineer will also request for store materials to be used on site and I am the only person authorised to released any materials. I had no rest being only me, the site engineer took pity on me and also join voice with me to appeal to the company to recruit an assistant to man this position. I started losing weight with alot of restless night. The role is not a shift one and I do not have any fixed closing time. Sometimes I'd get home 10pm, 11pm and will have to resume to work by 7am the following day. People started calling my attention to how I look. I was disturbed physically and mentally.

I had to resign in Feb 2023, just six months on the job and they'd picked up a fight with me. They knew how much of my impact within those few months and they were angry I took them by surprise in resigning with no replacement in sight. They wanted me to pay for a training fee the company organised for staffs but I also outsmart them by presenting a medical certificate to nullify their claims. To tell u I never received any service charge as promised in the contract, I was only receiving 20k attached to a store clerk position not to even talk of the new role I was assigned to. I got no increasement in salary despite working another role different from what I was applied for. Out of the 20k salary, over 15k was been used for transportation, I was just suffering and smiling.

It been 12months of another race, and this time around I am very sceptical about the salary for any role. I got an offer just 2 months of resigning from my previous role wic I declined cos of the amount attached to the role and also the time slavery attached to the role of working 9-9, Monday-sunday, not a shift role and no off day. A store officer in a super market, I had to run. It been lot of rejection afterward, but man keep moving.

I also started a charcoal business which was growing bit by bit not until high cost of commodities struck it and I had to stop investing in it as I was getting little to nothing on intrest as at when I started. Some of my suppliers are even fond of paying me in bits where in most cases I spend this money on other things and had no capital to rerun the biz...

Man will keep pressing on...

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by lavylilly: 7:00pm On Feb 11
Gentlesoul2021:

I was supposed to graduate in 2018, ASUU made it 2019. The school also delayed and I was mobilized to Lagos statefor NYSC in 2020. I purposely begged a senior military officer to aid my deployment to Lagos so I can get chances of approaching major companies but unfortunately I was posted to a school. I hated teaching and thanks to COVID 19, I only spent 4months in the school but still had a headlock with the school owner who wanted to start feeling like God, a woman for that matter. In 2021 I was done with NYSC and had no one in Lagos to atleast stay with while pursuing other opportunities which I have to return to my state.

I ran back to the senior military officer for a placement in the military and he assure me of any assistance. I'd depended on his words wic made me not to apply for any vacancy thinking I already have a shot in the military, a mistake I made as it took the military to made recruitment open in 2022.

After commencement of the recruitment, I applied and ran back to the senior officer who outright told me my course of study wasnt listed on the portal and it will be hard for him to push me and to be honest, that year, this particular military sector made alot of changes to their requirement processes. I was devasted and accepted fate thou I'd apply for the recruitment.

I started job hunting aggressively with lot of rejections. When fate will have it, I was shortlisted for the military recruitment and still ran back to the senior officer who's a brigadier general. He told me to take the aptitude test and he'll take it from there.

I did the test but didn't have my name in the next shortlisted candidates. I was do pained and couldn't eat, it was the wife of this man who consoled me. As a matter of fact, that year was my last to apply for anything military as age was not on my side.

In October 2022, after 20 months of finishing NYSC, I got a store clerk position in an hotel for a salary of 20k with service charge of 30k.

The service charge made the offer juicy and I jump into it. After a month on the job, the store officer angrily resigned due to maltreatment from the management and I was installed as the store/inventory Officer.

I was doing the job of a store clerk as well as the main store officer. I complained and asked for an assistant to be recruited for me but my appeal was on deaf ears. This work started taking toll on me as I was even supervising a new site project for the hotel. Imagine I was working on the new site as well as working for the hotel. There are six departments in the hotel with store request frequently.

The site engineer will also request for store materials to be used on site and I am the only person authorised to released any materials. I had no rest being only me, the site engineer took pity on me and also join voice with me to appeal to the company to recruit an assistant to man this position. I started losing weight and strinking with alot of restless night, people started calling my attention. I was disturbed physical and mentally.

I had to resign in Feb 2023, just six months on the job and to tell u, I never received any service charge as promised in the contract. I was only receiving 20k attached to a store clerk position not to even talk of the new role I was assigned to. I got no increasement in salary despite working another role different from what I was applied for.

It been 12months of another race, and this time around I am very sceptical about the salary for any role. I got an offer just 2 months of resigning from my previous role wic I declined cos of the amount attached to the role and also the time slavery attached to the role of working 9-9. It been lot of rejection afterward, but man keep moving.

I also started a charcoal business which was growing bit by bit not until high cost of commodities struck it and I had to stop investing in it as I was getting little to nothing on intrest as at when I started. Some of my suppliers are even fond of paying me in bits where in most I spend this money on other things and had no capital to rerun the biz...

kiss
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Crucialgem(m): 7:02am On Feb 12
Gentlesoul2021:

Pls how do u register for this course. My skillset cut across inventory/store management and logistics/distribution. I have been making enquiries on various website but got no reply back. I'd appreciate your help... Please leave me with Ur contact to reach u or can I send a PM via Ur mail?!.

Send me an email
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:18am On Feb 12
Crucialgem:

Send me an email

Thank you
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Hamachi(f): 7:19am On Feb 13
Keep pushing don't stop pushing
Gentlesoul2021:

I was supposed to graduate in 2018, ASUU made it 2019. The school also delayed and I was mobilized to Lagos state for NYSC in 2020.

I purposely begged a senior military officer to aid my deployment to Lagos so I can get chances of approaching major companies but unfortunately I was posted to a school. I hated teaching and thanks to COVID 19, I only spent 4months in the school but still had a headlock with the school owner who wanted to start feeling like a God, a woman for that matter.

In 2021 I was done with NYSC and had no one in Lagos to atleast stay with while pursuing other opportunities which I have to return to my state.

I ran back to the senior military officer for a placement in the military and he assured me of an assistance. I'd depended on his words wic made me not to apply for any vacancy thinking I already have a shot in the military, a mistake I made as it took the military a year to make recruitment open in 2022.

After commencement of the recruitment, I applied and ran back to the senior officer who outrightly told me my course of study wasnt listed on the portal and it will be hard for him to push me and to be honest, that year, this particular military sector made alot of changes to their requirement processes. I was devasted and accepted fate thou I applied anyways.

I started job hunting aggressively with lot of rejections. When fate will have it, I was shortlisted for the military recruitment for an aptitude test and I went back to the senior officer who's a brigadier general. He told me to take the aptitude test and he'll take it from there.

I did the test but didn't have my name in the next list of shortlisted candidates. I was so pained and couldn't eat, it was the wife of this general who consoled me. As a matter of fact, that year was my last hope to apply for anything military as age was not on my side. I had a glimpse of getting the job but couldn't make it.

The service charge made the offer juicy and I jump onto it. After a month on the job, the store officer angrily resigned due to maltreatment from the management and I was installed as the store/inventory Officer.

I was doing the job of a store clerk as well as the main store officer. I complained and asked for an assistant to be recruited for me but my appeal went on deaf ears. This work started taking toll on me as I was even supervising the store section, a new site project for the hotel. Imagine I was working on the new site which is not on the employment contract as well as working for the hotel. There are six departments in the hotel with store request frequently.

The site engineer will also request for store materials to be used on site and I am the only person authorised to released any materials. I had no rest being only me, the site engineer took pity on me and also join voice with me to appeal to the company to recruit an assistant to man this position. I started losing weight with alot of restless night. The role is not a shift one and I do not have any fixed closing time. Sometimes I'd got home 10pm, 11pm and will have to resume to work by 7am the following day. People started calling my attention to how I look. I was disturbed physically and mentally.

I had to resign in Feb 2023, just six months on the job and they'd picked up a fight with me. They knew how much of my impact within those few months and they were angry I took them by surprise in resigning with no replacement in sight. They wanted me to pay for a training fee the company organised for staffs but I also outsmart them by presenting a medical certificate to nullify their claims. To tell u I never received any service charge as promised in the contract, I was only receiving 20k attached to a store clerk position not to even talk of the new role I was assigned to. I got no increasement in salary despite working another role different from what I was applied for. Out of the 20k salary, over 15k was been used for transportation, I was just suffering and smiling.

It been 12months of another race, and this time around I am very sceptical about the salary for any role. I got an offer just 2 months of resigning from my previous role wic I declined cos of the amount attached to the role and also the time slavery attached to the role of working 9-9, Monday-sunday, not a shift role and no off day. A store officer in a super market, I had to run. It been lot of rejection afterward, but man keep moving.

I also started a charcoal business which was growing bit by bit not until high cost of commodities struck it and I had to stop investing in it as I was getting little to nothing on intrest as at when I started. Some of my suppliers are even fond of paying me in bits where in most cases I spend this money on other things and had no capital to rerun the biz...

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by ocheketurah: 4:05pm On Feb 13
JB & BR business, I am lady by the way
SaintUlot:

Hi bro, which legitimate online business are you into? I am willing to learn from you , hope you can be my mentor, I ll be waiting for your response. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by ocheketurah: 4:06pm On Feb 13
Only yout laptop? well,about 300k
Meddymeddy:

How much is solar that can power my latop?
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by ocheketurah: 4:07pm On Feb 13
James, where you based?
Jamestown123:
Oyi kocho come teach me work.
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by ocheketurah: 4:07pm On Feb 13
Dear Efe,

Giving up isnot an option
Abird in hand is worth more than two in the bush
efemena5050:
pls help a brother with idea am from sapele .....I only need idea not the money ....where am working I feel like giving up each day but the fear of unemployment just look at me lustfully
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by ocheketurah: 4:11pm On Feb 13
I aint embarrassed by the kind of hustle I do, those who laugh at me won’t give me a dime, even you wouldn't even lend a hand of support because they don’t give a damn about me, so go on and mock & abuse me, if that’s what puts food in my mouth, hell yeah amma do it wink
Kajaard:

You even carry your street hustle enter nairaland dey shop for more clients with the phone number you posted on your profile cheesy

Na wah undecided

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Kajaard: 4:13pm On Feb 13
ocheketurah:
I aint embarrassed by the kind of hustle I do, those who laugh at me won’t give me a dime, even you wouldn't even lend a hand of support because they don’t give a damn about me, so go on and mock & abuse me, if that’s what puts food in my mouth, hell yeah amma do it wink

I am not mocking you, I just said you are hustling hard jokingly.

As long as you don't rob or steal who am I to insult your hustle. Cheers sis cool
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by efemena5050(m): 4:20pm On Feb 13
ocheketurah:
Dear Efe,

Giving up isnot an option
Abird in hand is worth more than two in the bush
Na all this type of motivational quotes make man start dey fry akara at the age of 50 oOoOO I need something real

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Jamestown123: 5:39pm On Feb 13
ocheketurah:
James, where you based?
Lagos oo.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Meddymeddy: 9:33pm On Feb 13
ocheketurah:
Only yout laptop? well,about 300k
Damn ! That's too much

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by SaintUlot: 7:18am On Feb 14
ocheketurah:

Sorry for addressing you as a Male. Please what is this JB and BR business? I have never heard of it before, infact I don't know what those acronym stand for. Please i will appreciate it, if you can give me full information about it. Thanks in anticipation

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by QuinModah(f): 8:25am On Feb 15
Ekasco1986:
mine has been low payment
Inventory officer for 50k i rejected
supervisor in a bar 35k i rejected
teacher for 30k i rejected all these because of distances, still searching for a better ones atleast 80k above
Grab anyone for now o
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by QuinModah(f): 8:26am On Feb 15
shocked
Meerahbel:
This is prostitution, PERIOD!
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Meerahbel: 4:20pm On Feb 16
Yes, that what it is. Leave all those bs about been a content creator, they are creating content around themselves to get men.
QuinModah:
shocked
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by ocheketurah: 3:11pm On Feb 19
We are a high focused group of hiring professionals.
We need CVs of Data Analysts for clients recruitment. Send cv to topnotchprotechltd@gmail.com
SaintUlot:

Sorry for addressing you as a Male. Please what is this JB and BR business? I have never heard of it before, infact I don't know what those acronym stand for. Please i will appreciate it, if you can give me full information about it. Thanks in anticipation
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Katcall: 4:45pm On Feb 19
Gentlesoul2021:

I did the test but didn't have my name in the next list of shortlisted candidates. I was so pained and couldn't eat, it was the wife of this general who consoled me. As a matter of fact, that year was my last hope to apply for anything military as age was not on my side. I had a glimpse of getting the job but couldn't make it.

The site engineer will also request for store materials to be used on site and I am the only person authorised to released any materials. I had no rest being only me, the site engineer took pity on me and also join voice with me to appeal to the company to recruit an assistant to man this position. I started losing weight with alot of restless night. The role is not a shift one and I do not have any fixed closing time. Sometimes I'd get home 10pm, 11pm and will have to resume to work by 7am the following day. People started calling my attention to how I look. I was disturbed physically and mentally.

hi, there is this supermarket inventory role I got. Mon to Sunday. Is it advisable I take it?
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by ocheketurah: 4:49pm On Feb 19
How much
What are ethe working day
Katcall:
hi, there is this supermarket inventory role I got. Mon to Sunday. Is it advisable I take it?
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:50pm On Feb 19
Katcall:

Depends on you and your expenses. If you know you need a means of livelihood to survive and there's no alternative pls quickly grab the opportunity. You don't need to stay idle but if I'm to be honest, that condition of mon-sun is mad. No shift and no rest. It's crazy, when I was offered such, I turned it down. It definitely will drain me

And by the way, What's the salary scale like and wic location are you?!

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Pojomojo: 6:09pm On Feb 27
SIXFEETUNDER:

Cult of Chaos
Are you for real?
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Pojomojo: 6:09pm On Feb 27
wink
Treasure17:

The second paragraph is hilarious though. It's well.
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Rubyjade: 7:20pm On Mar 02
ocheketurah:
is this what am thinking?
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by QuinModah(f): 8:47am On Mar 05
grin
Meerahbel:
Yes, that what it is. Leave all those bs about been a content creator, they are creating content around themselves to get men.
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Daviestunech(m): 5:19pm On Mar 05
Ekasco1986:
mine has been low payment
Inventory officer for 50k i rejected
supervisor in a bar 35k i rejected
teacher for 30k i rejected all these because of distances, still searching for a better ones atleast 80k above

Inventory Officer shouldn't earn below 100k

Even the one I rejected last week was 170k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Career Prospect Of Agric. Engineering Graduates In Nigeria? / How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management / Nigerian Immigration Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.