Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? (10767 Views)

The Labor Market Is Savage! / The Plight Of HND Holders In The Nigerian Labor Market / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Daviestunech(m): 6:06pm On Mar 05
Well I graduated 2019 went for service 2021 after COVID then finished 2022.

I set up my CV and I started applying, luckily I got an offer and my salary was 65k. Though you are entitled to some targeted bonuses which I was paid all even when I left.

It was a retail company into sanitary wears . And mind you I was the only Yoruba guy amongst them because it was company owned by an igbo business man.

I worked there for 9 months and left because no career prospects and no time for myself.

Not up to a month I got another job on the island(Osborne) as a logistics analyst which my salary was 110k and I got promoted barely 4 months I started to 130k.
This was my best job offer I was delighted I got it. Because the work was very flexible I only go to work 3days in a week my director is a Yankee guy.

The work was so flexible And I love it because I can literally work anywhere.

I also made some some cash outside my salary despite it's a cooperate organization.

Some of the cash I made then was used to repair my car hoping I won't b jumping from bus to bus again I go just dey drive my car to work since it's just 3days in a week.

Unfortunately my job got terminated last month... which I felt really bad because I was thinking will I ever get a job like this again

What happened?....well it's was my line manager,I don't know what got into her, though we had an issue, went to report me to our director that I wasn't doing my work well..

Although she didn't know our director will take that harsh decision of sacking me.

I apologize to my director , omo this man no gree angry (ondo people and stubborness sha)

Before u know it I got terminated ooo after working for this company for 6months.

Mind you when I started, I was told I will b promoted after 6 months, and it's was this my line manager that even asked our director to increased my salary barely 4 months I started.

I left February 12.... I started applying again before ending last month I got another offer again as an inventory executive..my salary was 170k at lekki. I was told my resumption time will be 8am- 5pm Monday - Saturday no public holiday I accepted the offer I resumed last week Friday.
I got to their branch at ikoyi I already did some of my documentation with them.

The hr now told me some policy the company has about issues of lateness ND all that my resumption time is 8am ND if I'm not at the office by that time, 3k will be deducted from my salary ND so on.

And I already planned to stay on the island with someone already which didn't work out.

I had to go to the hr office ND discuss with her about my new challenges concerning the person I wanted to stay with which didn't work out again.

Although I didn't meet her but her assistant was there and I had to tell her ..but if the company can provide accomodation even though I will be paying I won't mind.

Because my proximity to lekki from ijegun, I can't make it exactly 8am.

Naso I left last week Friday till today I didn't hear anything from them again.

Anyway I'm back to my online course till another opportunities comes by again.
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Papamrs: 1:12pm On Mar 06
Daviestunech:
Well I graduated 2019 went for service 2021 after COVID then finished 2022.

I set up my CV and I started applying, luckily I got an offer and my salary was 65k. Though you are entitled to some targeted bonuses which I was paid all even when I left.

It was a retail company into sanitary wears . And mind you I was the only Yoruba guy amongst them because it was company owned by an igbo business man.

I worked there for 9 months and left because no career prospects and no time for myself.

Not up to a month I got another job on the island(Osborne) as a logistics analyst which my salary was 110k and I got promoted barely 4 months I started to 130k.
This was my best job offer I was delighted I got it. Because the work was very flexible I only go to work 3days in a week my director is a Yankee guy.

The work was so flexible And I love it because I can literally work anywhere.

I also made some some cash outside my salary despite it's a cooperate organization.

Some of the cash I made then was used to repair my car hoping I won't b jumping from bus to bus again I go just dey drive my car to work since it's just 3days in a week.

Unfortunately my job got terminated last month... which I felt really bad because I was thinking will I ever get a job like this again

What happened?....well it's was my line manager,I don't know what got into her, though we had an issue, went to report me to our director that I wasn't doing my work well..

Although she didn't know our director will take that harsh decision of sacking me.

I apologize to my director , omo this man no gree angry (ondo people and stubborness sha)

Before u know it I got terminated ooo after working for this company for 6months.

Mind you when I started, I was told I will b promoted after 6 months, and it's was this my line manager that even asked our director to increased my salary barely 4 months I started.

I left February 12.... I started applying again before ending last month I got another offer again as an inventory executive..my salary was 170k at lekki. I was told my resumption time will be 8am- 5pm Monday - Saturday no public holiday I accepted the offer I resumed last week Friday.
I got to their branch at ikoyi I already did some of my documentation with them.

The hr now told me some policy the company has about issues of lateness ND all that my resumption time is 8am ND if I'm not at the office by that time, 3k will be deducted from my salary ND so on.

And I already planned to stay on the island with someone already which didn't work out.

I had to go to the hr office ND discuss with her about my new challenges concerning the person I wanted to stay with which didn't work out again.

Although I didn't meet her but her assistant was there and I had to tell her ..but if the company can provide accomodation even though I will be paying I won't mind.

Because my proximity to lekki from ijegun, I can't make it exactly 8am.

Naso I left last week Friday till today I didn't hear anything from them again.

Anyway I'm back to my online course till another opportunities comes by again.

How una dey see all this job.opening?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Hamachi(f): 9:01pm On Mar 24
Papamrs:

Join the WhatsApp group via the link oj my profile
Re: What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? by Oyindamolah: 9:10am On Mar 29
grin
Papamrs:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Immigration Recruitment / Faan Recruitment / Environmental Development And Family Health Organization Recruitment (5 Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.