Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,462 members, 7,836,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low (398 Views)

Hardship: People Turn To 'Throw-away' Rice For Food In Nigeria - BBC / Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) / Nigerians’ Incomes Will Shrink In 2020 – Rewane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by kingsways: 10:17pm On Feb 06
Fact is food in Nigeria is still cheaper than most other countries including neighboring countries, problem is most Nigerians are poor because their incomes are too low .

Wages are too poor and need to increase significantly

I saw some Minister lamented increase in food prices in Nigeria but that is not the issue.

See, to solve a problem, you need to be able to analyze it correctly

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by forgiveness: 10:50pm On Feb 06
kingsways:
Fact is food in Nigeria is still cheaper than most other countries including neighboring countries, problem is most Nigerians are poor because their incomes are too low .

I saw some Minister lamented increase in food prices in Nigeria but that is not the issue.

And that's what the government is trying to distract people from.

Minimum wage must be increased but they will tell you na inflation. People wey dey collect millions for salary. angry
Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by matify83: 10:59pm On Feb 06
Prices of food is cheaper for those coming to buy with their over valued currency e. g CFA , Gh Cedi etc.

But for a Nigerian in Nigeria earning in naira, "na die"

The naira has a low purchasing power compared to the currencies of our neighbours.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by Donwilson88: 11:13pm On Feb 06
Listen! Prices of food are high because we stand the duty of producing these commodities which will regulate the price of these goods!

But Nigeria is not productive and non- challant government has worsen the case!making naira lose it value! Know and say the truth
Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by optionalY09: 11:24pm On Feb 06
nigerians that didn’t know what’s wrong with them

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by Gbogbowa: 11:58pm On Feb 06
kingsways:

Rice in Cotonou is still less than 40k for your information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by a4cube: 1:24am On Feb 07
That means Nigerians are too poor to afford the cheap food stuffs.
Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by CheedyJ(m): 2:10am On Feb 07
Income is low and the prices too are high na double wahala for deadi body oo
Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by Rolings: 4:48am On Feb 07
Gbogbowa:
Rice in Cotonou is still less than 40k for your information

Must you eat rice from Cotonou?

The problems with food prices
1. Middle men
2. Our insatiable appetite for anything foreign.... The sad implications of this is that it won't allow local industries grow because citizens don't patronize them....they find a way round this by labelling their locally produced goods as foreign goods...... And the foolish Nigerian will believe he is eating Thailand rice not knowing it was grown in Jigawa
Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by Rolings: 4:59am On Feb 07
kingsways:

And because for years we have actually been cheating the farmers by paying pittance for their sweats.
I have not seen any farmer complain .... Have you?
If Buhari didn't do anything.... He at least made sure farmers are getting due price for their produce
Re: Cost Of Food In Nigeria Is Not High, It’s Incomes That Are Low by kingsways: 1:25pm On Feb 07
Rolings:

And because for years we have actually been cheating the farmers by paying pittance for their sweats.
I have not seen any farmer complain .... Have you?
If Buhari didn't do anything.... He at least made sure farmers are getting due price for their produce

Farmers are still not even their due, food is still too cheap

(1) (Reply)

'Everybody Should Grow Something’, Remi Tinubu To Nigerians / Alleged N109b Fraud: I Thought I Won’t Be Prosecuted – Ex-AGF Idris / Yahaya Bello Offended Tinubu In Addition To The Corrupt Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.