Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,547 members, 7,843,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Edo Guber: I'll Pay Hardship Allowance To Rural Health Workers, Teachers- Hon. S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: I'll Pay Hardship Allowance To Rural Health Workers, Teachers- Hon. S (129 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Governors Get ₦‎651M Hardship Allowance / 2023: Corper Donates Allowance To Tinubu (Photo) / Kogi Guber: I'll Surely Dump PDP For APC Very Soon—obafemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Guber: I'll Pay Hardship Allowance To Rural Health Workers, Teachers- Hon. S by Radioesannews: 1:39pm On Feb 07
Edo Guber: I'll Pay Hardship Allowance To Rural Health Workers, Teachers- Hon. Sergius Ogun

...to grant full autonomy to LGAs

A frontline governorship aspirant on the platform of Labour Party (LP), Hon. Sergius Ogun has promised to pay hardship allowance to health workers and teachers posted to rural areas as a way of encouraging them to stay in rural communities and make the impact of good governance felt in the rural areas.

Hon. Ogun gave the pledge while speaking to Labour Party leaders and supporters during his visit to Ovia South -West and Uhunmwode Local Government Areas.

Responding to the Ovia South West LP chairman Mr Greg Usiobaifo's welcome address wherein the chairman lamented the neglect of the Local Government Area by successive administrations in spite of the agricultural and natural resources that abound in the area, Hon. Sergius Ogun assured that he understands and know the yearnings of the people as a child from a poor background with rural background.

He promised to grant full Autonomy to LGAs to enable the council carry out their functions effectively.

On health, Sergius Ogun promised to give facelift to all primary health care centers in the state, noting that, "It is unacceptable for health care centers in the 21st century to be using candles and torch lights to attend to patients and women in labour.

"I'll ensure that at least one qualified doctor and capable nurses will be employed to manage each center while hardship allowance will be paid to encourage them as they work in rural communities".

He promised to install a borehole, solar light and ambulance in case of emergency in all the primary health centers in the state.

On education, Hon Sergius Ogun who is a well known lover of education promised that education will be free for primary and secondary schools, while those who perform excellently well will be paid bursary to continue their tertiary education.

He promised to rebuild all primary schools in the state fitted with modern facilities. This according to him is not a difficult thing as the UBE Act already stated that education should be free and compulsory for pupils and students to JSS3.

Ogun reiterated his resolve to ensure no child is left behind in education in both Ovia South West and Uhunmwode Local Government Areas, noting he has been in the business of making laws and that he knows and feel the pulse of the people and appealed to them to support his aspiration to enable him fulfill all he has promised.

While assuring Hon. Ogun of their support for his aspiration, the Labour Party chairman in Ovia South West, Mr Greg Usiobaifo described the governorship hopeful as one who is naturally endowed with leadership qualities and appealed to him not to betray the trust and confidence the people have in him by their unanimous acceptance.
According to Usiobaifo, "We have accepted you because you know what it takes to govern, your antecedents speak volume".

The chairman of Uhumwonde Local Government Area, Mr Sunday Aghedo also appealed to the governorship hopeful to take advantage of their natural resources as the area is known for agricultural production and also have vast and fertile lands.

Re: Edo Guber: I'll Pay Hardship Allowance To Rural Health Workers, Teachers- Hon. S by atiku4President(m): 1:41pm On Feb 07
No be only hardship allowance. Hope it will not be another wage award
Re: Edo Guber: I'll Pay Hardship Allowance To Rural Health Workers, Teachers- Hon. S by FamTomx2(m): 1:55pm On Feb 07
He should shut the fvck up. Politicians can promise what doesn't exist when looking for votes.
Re: Edo Guber: I'll Pay Hardship Allowance To Rural Health Workers, Teachers- Hon. S by Chinjo2: 2:12pm On Feb 07
Politician promises is like that which is usually made by a man to a woman on the bed just to have access to her.
Re: Edo Guber: I'll Pay Hardship Allowance To Rural Health Workers, Teachers- Hon. S by Melagros(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07
I and my COMRADES are waiting patiently to witness the fulfilment of this political electioneering

(1) (Reply)

A Meeting Of The Progressive Governors Forum At The Presidential Villa / The Depreciation Of The Naira. / The Role Of Political Spouses: The Akwa Ibom State Example By Da Zion Umoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.