Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? (14007 Views)

I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / How Do I Get My Wife And Kid Back? I Really Love Her So Much / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MisterBanny(m): 8:19am On Feb 08
I always kept wondering about this. I have seen many homes break as a result of marrying a woman who despises her In-laws, and treats them with levity and disdain, yet claims to love her husband genuinely.
A once happy family could be in total disarray immediately some women get into that family.
Personally, I think if u love your husband, such love should be extended to every member of his nuclear and extended family members and same goes to the Man. I believe that genuine LOVE is infectious and contagious. I have seen a lot happening In today's marriages that I'm already scared of getting married. People can pretend throughout the dating and courting period, but immediately after the wedding, the beast and monster in them begin to Manifest. It's scary.

Almost all married woman are guilty of this. But the men almost do not have any issue with Loving their wive's families.
It even gets to the ugly point that, the wife makes a decree that no menmber of the man's family must ever visit them to stay for more than a day or two.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by HopeNeverDies: 8:35am On Feb 08
Damnnnn!!!

Scared af right here too.

Guys have little or no issues regarding their spouse families or inlaws but you see this other gender πŸ’”

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Cassandraloius: 8:40am On Feb 08
It's very possible, cos most women tend to change after marriage, they will unveil their true colors.

Sometimes the in-laws tend to give her that negative energy and she returns it back with full force.πŸ˜‚

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by JASONjnr(m): 9:16am On Feb 08
Even tho I don't support family rivalries.... I believe, it's very possible for a woman to want to cut off her husband from his family members because she feels insecure when they come around.

With the tradition we practice, taking your child's wealth from his wife and children is why women grew with the mentality of securing her future.

But as a man, if my wife hates my family members, na to follow hate her family members too. You don't want my mother around, then yours won't come around.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by almarthins(m): 9:22am On Feb 08
JASONjnr:
Even tho I don't support family rivalries.... I believe, it's very possible for a woman to want to cut off her husband from his family members because she feels insecure when they come around.

With the tradition we practice, taking your child's wealth from his wife and children is why women grew with the mentality of security her future.

But as a man, if my wife hates my family members, na to follow hate her family members too. You don't want my mother around, then yours won't come around.

I no dey gree for any woman wey try that with me. Me I dey even tell dem ahead, as u dey marry u dey me, u dey marry my family join. If u no fit make u come dey go. I know say one mama wey hard but I manage her for years why can't you.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by VinnyBaba: 9:26am On Feb 08
DEFINITELY.

Most African wives do not like their Husband's siblings and his mother, too. undecided

Particularly When the Man is Rich.

They see his family members as threats. sad

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by JASONjnr(m): 9:26am On Feb 08
almarthins:

I no dey gree for any woman wey try that with me. Me I dey even tell dem ahead, as u dey marry u dey me, u dey marry my family join. If u no fit make u come dey go. I know say one mama wey hard but I manage her for years why can't you.

This isn't just enough, most ladies will agree to whatever terms you give them before marriage. But will try to persuade you to come to side her views against your family members.

It's always a gradual process before you know it, you and your mama go begin shout at each other.

16 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Rocktation(f): 9:29am On Feb 08
Well, people are diverse as are their experiences in marriage. Some family members start giving off bad energy, even before you tie the knot with their brother. Reason could be any thing from you not deserving of their princely brother, to you taking away their source of livelihood or whatever. Not everyone will suck it up to remain in anybody's good books and can sometimes push back, in the only way they know how.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by almarthins(m): 9:32am On Feb 08
JASONjnr:

This isn't just enough, most ladies will agree to whatever terms you give them before marriage. But will try to persuade you to come to side her views against your family members.

It's always a gradual process before you know it, you and your mama go begin shout at each other.

My experience with woman no fit let lose guard. I dey choose my mama any time any day. So if she learnt respect for her house she no go follow my mama shout. I no dey joke

14 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Mindlog: 10:02am On Feb 08
VinnyBaba:

DEFINITELY.

Most African wives do not like their Husband's siblings and his mother, too. undecided

Particularly When the Man is Rich.

They see his family members as threats.
sad

Once a man gets married, his wife and children becomes his nuclear family, im papa, mama, brothers and sisters don enter extended family zone! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Do these family members also see the wife as a threat, someone who would ruffle their "comfort zone" which was being sponsored by their rich son or brother because marriage has a way of redirecting a man's priorities and attention?

15 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Juliearth(f): 10:17am On Feb 08
Can a family love their son and not extend same to the wife?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MisterBanny(m): 10:36am On Feb 08
JASONjnr:

With the tradition we practice, taking your child's wealth from his wife and children is why women grew with the mentality of security her future.

Very simple!

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MisterBanny(m): 10:37am On Feb 08
Juliearth:
Can a family love their son and not extend same to the wife?

Women are always the initiators of this family issues

11 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Mindlog: 12:06pm On Feb 08
MisterBanny:

Are there not issues already in the family before the sons get married, probably issues caused by their mother because their father married her?

12 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Klass99(f): 12:19pm On Feb 08

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MisterBanny(m): 12:46pm On Feb 08
Klass99:

To give you backhand slap through my phone dey sweet me ehn.......too bad I can't do it. Let me try and break it down for you as best as I can. Women have an innate gift called female intuition, we can sense and see things from miles away that men are usually unable to sense or see.

We can often see the selfish and entitled mentality of your siblings/relatives, where most only know how to take and receive, never giving back anything in return. They are essentially parasitic in nature like that insect that gums itself to a dog's skin, sucking the blood out of it, then it falls off when it is full.

Once a man is rich or doing well his relatives buzz around him like bees to honey, they don't want to work or make a success of their own lives, in their shallow minds, their brother has money na so he should help them. That is when they carry blood is thicker than water on their heads like die! Let that same man fall critically ill, you will see all those siblings/relatives disappear into thin air, abandoning him to his wife and kids alone, to be taken care of. If the man is lucky they may visit him once or twice in the hospital.

The question I always ask is this - are the hands of your relatives broken or are their brains malfunctioning that they cannot strive to make something of their own lives? Do they have to gum body to the one successful relative in the family for their existence and survival? There is nothing wrong with helping out your relatives, but when you carry their matter on your head like gala, you repeatedly let them take advantage of you or disrespect your wife and your own family of wife and kids suffer, there is everything wrong with you and your relatives.

Women tend to see these things and when we try to shield you as wives from the parasitic pack of wolves you call family, you claim we hate your relatives and we are the ones causing division amongst you. No sir, it is not us but rather your selfish relatives who want to constantly use you as a meal ticket in this life, not caring if you have a new family of your own to take care of.

And when you die they all disappear not caring if you have kids who may need help in your perpetual absence due to death. They don't remember that blood is thicker than water, and they ought to help your children oooo. Why is this even a topic of discussion in 2024? Most of you men grew up in households like the one I described, where you saw your father's relatives disrespect him and your mothers, they took advantage and often behaved any how in your father's house. But somehow you still manage to spin it around as being the woman's fault.

So u wan slap me laidis?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Klass99(f): 12:59pm On Feb 08

6 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MisterBanny(m): 1:13pm On Feb 08
Klass99:

Lol 🀣. Yes and no.
Yes, because you dey yarn Bauchi dust.
No, because me mah na joke I dey joke.

Lol.. your so funny. Pls can I have ur number?

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Klass99(f): 3:58pm On Feb 08

11 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Juliearth(f): 4:04pm On Feb 08
MisterBanny:

It is wrong to generalise. I am certain you are just trying to catch cruise.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MisterBanny(m): 5:11pm On Feb 08
Klass99:

+234 819 999 9999

What's this?

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Stevenson20: 1:06pm On Feb 09
100% possible
I even have witnesses

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by ZekeYeager: 1:06pm On Feb 09
It takes two to tango. One might as well ask if it is okay for a family to love their son and hate their daughter in law.

Every emotion must be anchored on some factual basis. Does she have a valid reason for her hatred? Did her in laws hate her first? Did they try to talk their son out of marrying her?

Just like love, hatred is a powerful emotion and it must start from somewhere. It doesn't just spring into existence out of nothing.

8 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by DenreleDave(m): 1:06pm On Feb 09
It's possible.....

It falls into two ways;

Either the husband family are not people one can associate with

Or

The woman get bad character

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by easyfem(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09
The question self Dey confuse , u mean the man not in love with his family ?while woman love her husband

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by money121(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09
No
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by bigdammyj: 1:08pm On Feb 09
Yes,
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by 900warriorz: 1:08pm On Feb 09
Ofcourse...Pray make you marry better wife and also pray to come from better family

Else, your case na sorry o grin

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by ITbomb(m): 1:09pm On Feb 09
Plenty o, especially those who met on social media

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by DiskJokeyManic: 1:09pm On Feb 09
I no fit carry woman wey no love my family come house...... I dey mad?😐😐😐😐😐 De ones wey dey love deir husband/fiance family get 2 heads?

Rubbish😐

7 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MrHighSea: 1:09pm On Feb 09
She lives, sleeps, eat, plays and prays with one family member then automatically other family members feel entitled to same.

Guy park well, gas na 1300 per kg

If My brother's wife respects me, that's enough. She better do more for my bro.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams / Snake In The Stomach / Health Benefits Of Raw Honey And Ginger That You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.