Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? (14075 Views)

I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / How Do I Get My Wife And Kid Back? I Really Love Her So Much / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by extremelygolden: 9:35pm On Feb 10
If my husband's family accepts and treats me well, it's natural I'll reciprocate in double fold. And if they treat me as an outsider, turning their son against me, rubbishing my existence in their family, then I will go into spiritual warfare for them, and physically keep them far away from me! I need absolute tranquility in my life, and I hate bad energy and toxicity of any kind.

My prayer has always been to marry into a family that will accept me as one of their own. Anything short of that, please don't even come near as husband's relatives, or even mine!

My mother treats her daughter in-law as her daughter, so I won't accept anything short of that from (especially) my mother-in-law, and also sisters-in-law.

Because your son probably refused to marry your friend's daughter that you've been secretly nurturing for him, doesn't give you any right to mistreat me as a daughter-in-law, you know.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by MisterBanny(m): 10:26pm On Feb 10
placeofallure:

Ma binu but journalists talk from both sides of their mouths.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mi' ti Binu oooo
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by placeofallure(f): 11:59pm On Feb 10
MisterBanny:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mi' ti Binu oooo

🙏

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by placeofallure(f): 12:08am On Feb 11
DonroxyII:
Make Me No Lie, U Ma sef Gather for Body ooo .... As per Your Posts ... U carry for Pocket jhare ... O buru... Those Things You ain't Saying By Mouth Must Be Reflective On Your Body languages Which Your Inlaws Would Also Subconsciously Picked The Rhythms & Counter-Fire You Before You Unleashed grin

You are an Introvert That's what You Did.... grin You see Yourself as Introvert while They see You as Arrogant That Must Be Tamed & Taught Lessons That Wasn't Taught from Your Famz .... ThanGod, You ain't Competing their Son with Them Trust me .. Dem go Stress You till Death ooo ... !

They will also see Your Husband as a "Simp" Thus They would go On Defensive Trying to Rescue their Son from Your Bondage Because You have snatched his Emotions Away cheesy ....

I already sensed My Families are Pepperish & Would Show My Wife Shege So I Suspend Marriage & Foremost Went Mad(Weyrey) on all of Them & Take Over the Overall Management of the Entire Family even as a Grandchild Na Dem dey fear Me Now Cuz They All Know They Would Collect Once They Cross Unto My Lane.. Dem Be Witches But Wizard na ihm be Husband to Witches grin ... Oso loko awon Aje !

When I marry ... God Helps The One that Would Disturb My Wife & God Helps My Wife Showing Weyrey to Anybody cuz Gen Z no too well Like That while Majority of Those Families Belongs to Old Civilisations where Wife/Wives are Treated Like Slaves ....

No Gen Z go Gree that Kind Sheettt in 2020s

.... Nevertheless, Everything na just in the Hands of the Husband Sha ... I already laid the Foundations for me to be Dreaded by Them All So My Fiancee/Families can Put Their Hands in my Desire States Make dem no kill me with Hypertension(Depressions) ...

I can't be waisting My time & Brain Fluids Settling Quarrels between Adults Over Some Stupidities Anyone wey disturbed my Peace Go see Hell among Them.

Most inlaws Families are "Demonic" .... Fuelled by Immaturities!

Future World is gon be Better grin ... for Now, Weyrey loko Weyrey(Madness is Husband to Madness) if Not They Will Use Depressions Kill You lipsrsealed

Welcome to Yoruba Race In-laws... Dem go dey Do You & Dem go dey Follow You dey Laugh.cheesy

You're mistaken. Mi o buru rara o. Far from it. The thing is there are a lot of unreasonable people here on this forum and generally in the world. If any of those crosses my path, I should set them straight that's all. This generation needs to be salvaged whatever is left. I'm just doing my little part in changing the world.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by DonroxyII: 7:06am On Feb 11
placeofallure:

You're mistaken. Mi o buru rara o. Far from it. The thing is there are a lot of unreasonable people here on this forum and generally in the world. If any of those crosses my path, I should set them straight that's all. This generation needs to be salvaged whatever is left. I'm just doing my little part in changing the world.
I understand You as Per Civil to Civil ...

I'm just making an Allusions to what your In-laws conceived about your Personality going by the Civility of Average In-laws Families & Your kinda Personality on Nairaland(How you defend Yoruba-Race & Tinubu & Your Patriotism for Nigeria, Women & African Race) as well as Your Intense Passion for Teaching(Madam-Disciplines)

You Might not be blocking them with Words of Mouth, But You are Counteracting their Actions with Your Actions ... grin ... You don show them Shege without words grin ...

Our People Would Fight You for Resisting their Enslavements & Controlling Miens undecided That's what You Did ... You Didn't fall in line ... You Also dey form woke so na dem come be Pako if You are Licking their Nyansh .... They won't give you problem but They Will wrecked your mental state with Stupidities Demands..

IDK, Where those oloribus derived their entitlement mentality from ... It Breaks the families Apart... They will do worst to Your Children if You ain't There ....
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by Realme111: 10:34am On Feb 11
You're right bro,I'm too weak for her,but I've learnt my lesson now, reasons why I'm doing that for her before was that I've not pay her dowries,and you understand how Ibos do go with kids,when you didn't pay bride price,But to God be the glory,I've done everything this January,so my kids are mine now,ive told her this mor me that her mom can't come to us here.and i dont even wait for her reply.

My advice is simple. You were too weak and allowed your wife dictate terms in your home on issues you should have put your foot down. Now, concerning her mother, I am also saying NEVER LET HER MOTHER STAY WITH YOU. Remind her of what your own mother did and put your foot down.

N.B: Your mom was from my state. The fact that your wife can treat your mom like that and you didn't make her regret such was so bad and sad. Ekiti men had balls. Where did you come from bro? How can you be so weak that your wife is now dictating terms of how, when and how long her own mom will stay in your own house and you are coming to ask us for advice? You disappoint me if this story is true.

I have said it before. The day you allow a woman to disrespect you and get away with it is the day you lose your value. It always goes downhill from there.[/quote]
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by pansophist(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11
Yes.

Two people become one is between you and your spouse, not between you, your spouse, and your spouse's family.

If the husband's mother is not likable, then it is natural not to get along with her. This is where the husband's emotional intelligence comes into play.

As a man, if you are honest with yourself, you will know if your mother is an easy person to get along with. If your mum is not, then protect your wife from her.

As a smart husband, you should reduce things that will create fraternity and potential clashes between them. Also, you make it clear to your mama that she should respect your marriage. Your wife should not bear the responsibility of your mama personality issues.

If your wife sees your effort and is assured that she can be safe in your arms, tolerating your mama would be easy. She must not be left in the cold.

Marriage is not a place where a woman comes and feels like the subordinate one in the union, where she betrays her character just to give the impression of a good wife.

8 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by placeofallure(f): 1:14pm On Feb 11
DonroxyII:
I understand You as Per Civil to Civil ...

I'm just making an Allusions to what your In-laws conceived about your Personality going by the Civility of Average In-laws Families & Your kinda Personality on Nairaland(How you defend Yoruba-Race & Tinubu & Your Patriotism for Nigeria, Women & African Race) as well as Your Intense Passion for Teaching(Madam-Disciplines)

You Might not be blocking them with Words of Mouth, But You are Counteracting their Actions with Your Actions ... grin ... You don show them Shege without words grin ...

Our People Would Fight You for Resisting their Enslavements & Controlling Miens undecided That's what You Did ... You Didn't fall in line ... You Also dey form woke so na dem come be Pako if You are Licking their Nyansh .... They won't give you problem but They Will wrecked your mental state with Stupidities Demands..

IDK, Where those oloribus derived their entitlement mentality from ... It Breaks the families Apart... They will do worst to Your Children if You ain't There ....

grin grin
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by descarado: 6:54pm On Feb 11
pansophist:
Yes.

Two people become one is between you and your spouse, not between you, your spouse, and your spouse's family.

If the husband's mother is not likable, then it is natural not to get along with her. This is where the husband's emotional intelligence comes into play.

As a man, if you are honest with yourself, you will know if your mother is an easy person to get along with. If your mum is not, then protect your wife from her.

As a smart husband, you should reduce things that will create fraternity and potential clashes between them. Also, you make it clear to your mama that she should respect your marriage. Your wife should not bear the responsibility of your mama personality issues.

If your wife sees your effort and is assured that she can be safe in your arms, tolerating your mama would be easy. She must not be left in the cold.

Marriage is not a place where a woman comes and feels like the subordinate one in the union, where she betrays her character just to give the impression of a good wife.
I wanted to see an unbiased male perspective and this is it. Couldn't like it enough.

This life is simple and easy. Don't know why we allow our ego to complicate and ruin beautiful things. At least it will reduce visits to the drs.
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by pansophist(m): 7:27pm On Feb 11
descarado:

I wanted to see an unbiased male perspective and this is it. Couldn't like it enough.

This life is simple and easy. Don't know why we allow our ego to complicate and ruin beautiful things. At least it will reduce visits to the drs.

If a man can't protect his wife from his family, then it's a tragedy.

Sometimes when we think of bad people, it's convenient to always assume it's others that are bad, and not our mother's, sisters, twin, or even us.

Evil lives in every one of us. Just as your shadows reflects in light, so as your evil is the opposite of your goodness. And any person that haven't confronted the evil in him/her, and tame it is a very dangerous person.

Even worse, a man that allows his family, especially his second-half, his wife, to be a victim of unwarranted aggression from his mother has failed her.

Also, you can only get the best from a person when they know you mean well for them. You can't get the best from your wife if she doesn't see you as her ally.

These things are easy, I wonder why lots of people suffer from these toxic behaviours. Loving your wife also means loving her peace, and if your mum bring chaos, then protect her from your mum.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by ezugegere(m): 9:07pm On Feb 11
It's only a foolish man that will allow his wife separate him from his family. Your wife can abandon you when things turn upside down but your family will never! Always have that in your skull!
Re: Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? by descarado: 8:06pm On Feb 12
pansophist:

If a man can't protect his wife from his family, then it's a tragedy.

Sometimes when we think of bad people, it's convenient to always assume it's others that are bad, and not our mother's, sisters, twin, or even us.

Evil lives in every one of us. Just as your shadows reflects in light, so as your evil is the opposite of your goodness. And any person that haven't confronted the evil in him/her, and tame it is a very dangerous person.

Even worse, a man that allows his family, especially his second-half, his wife, to be a victim of unwarranted aggression from his mother has failed her.

Also, you can only get the best from a person when they know you mean well for them. You can't get the best from your wife if she doesn't see you as her ally.

These things are easy, I wonder why lots of people suffer from these toxic behaviours. Loving your wife also means loving her peace, and if your mum bring chaos, then protect her from your mum.
Thank you very much. Never know I can see such beautiful words in this forum ever again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Men And Toilet Etiquette / Between Husband, Lover: Court Orders DNA Test Over Paternity Of 3-yr-old Boy / How Do You Manage Your Finances As A Couple?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.