Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions (20340 Views)

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? / Why Onyema Was Flagged By The US - Advice From A US Based Business Man. / How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by AngelicBeing: 5:31pm On Feb 08
sad
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Stevenbright(m): 5:32pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:
I'm a data analyst. Got a little weekly pay job from an academy in Europe. Surprisingly after 3months of work and weekly payment, My name was flagged by western union on suspicion of fraud (with my pay for February second week cancelled after many hours seating infront of the computer).

It's very appalling and morale draining to be profiled in one's own country. I really wish I could push for a law suit and make them understand not all Nigerians are criminals and seeing us/considering us as one will have consequences.

Has anyone had such terrible experience, how did you handle?

Get in touch with your employer. They are the ones who can come between you and western union to resolve this.
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by stickle(m): 5:33pm On Feb 08
Laws are not made because of a person but for smooth flow of systems.

Just see it as they are doing their job. It is up to you to proof that yours is legit

dejavubobo1:
I'm a data analyst. Got a little weekly pay job from an academy in Europe. Surprisingly after 3months of work and weekly payment, My name was flagged by western union on suspicion of fraud (with my pay for February second week cancelled after many hours seating infront of the computer).

It's very appalling and morale draining to be profiled in one's own country. I really wish I could push for a law suit and make them understand not all Nigerians are criminals and seeing us/considering us as one will have consequences.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Sctests: 5:34pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

Can't they pay you via your dorm account?
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by DrMuzungu(m): 5:42pm On Feb 08
BucketMan:
You can try PayPal but I also would not recommend it. Those of us earning in foreign currency can attest to the unfair situation on all the international platforms unless you can somehow convince your company to send your remuneration via bitcoin.

Avoid PayPal like a plague, man... It is all nice and smooth until they freeze your account for 6 months without warning "for suspicious activity". They won't chop your money, but 6 months freeze...? See if you can get Payoneer account or Wise (former TransferWise) account. Wise is the next because it works like a virtual bank account (with IBAN number and all), and has online banking so you can send money to anywhere. I did not try sending to Nigeria from it, so you can enquire from them first.

And no matter what we think of Th1efnubu, this particular thing is not his fault. Let's better blame yahoo useless 1diots.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Tendd: 5:44pm On Feb 08
Cooperate with them and submit the documents they have requested.Their demands are in line with EU and US directives.Nigerians remit billions of dollars annually and everyone must summit proper documents before getting your money transfered.
Also try other agencies, western union has high charges.
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by ibawon(m): 5:53pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

Western Union! Watin do Wise and Deel? Please reach out to them ASAP
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Endy1768: 5:54pm On Feb 08
https://www.payoneer.com is a good alternative. Ask your employer to consider paying you through Payoneer

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by dejavubobo1(m): 5:56pm On Feb 08
Sctests:

Can't they pay you via your dorm account?
I don't ve one yet. But will open soon
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by dejavubobo1(m): 5:59pm On Feb 08
YoungLionken:
They thought it was ill gotten money from fraud. It can be resolved ASAP. Just follow the procedure demanded..

Moneygram's rate is better than western union, their processes too...
Thanks I'm switching to money gram next
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:00pm On Feb 08
O boy is a simple matter.Dont use ya one experience to tarnish western union that is still paying millions of people their money.
JUST PREPARE A WRITE UP DETAILING YOUR WORK AND COPY OF YOUR INCOME STREAM NOTE.
Nigerians calling Tinubu for other people baggage are not well. angry
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by tunde1200(m): 6:03pm On Feb 08
obyno82:

Western Union due to their Compliance regimes makes your transactions very secure. It is due to country risk profile and consumer behavior which at the time of the transaction deviated from the usual so the transaction was flagged. To resolve the issue, call the Western Union support and they will assist you in lifting the restrictions.

Ok thanks
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by dejavubobo1(m): 6:03pm On Feb 08
stagger:

Been using them since.
Dom account is my best bet
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by dejavubobo1(m): 6:07pm On Feb 08
PARADIZEPRIEST:
O boy is a simple matter.Dont use ya one experience to tarnish western union that is still paying millions of people their money.
JUST PREPARE A WRITE UP DETAILING YOUR WORK AND COPY OF YOUR INCOME STREAM NOTE.
Nigerians calling Tinubu for other people baggage are not well. angry
I don't have issue with Tinubu tho not a supporter. But it's crazy how a company making profit still flag a client for fraud when they can easily reach out to d sender for details
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:32pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

I don't have issue with Tinubu tho not a supporter. But it's crazy how a company making profit still flag a client for fraud when they can easily reach out to d sender for details
Let him do the needful and you will see that it is an isolated matter.Reach out to Western union,if they stall write Federal Consumer Protection council.Get the latest info to resolve ya issues,naija is changing fast today,in this A.I.
NOBODY SHOULD HAVE HYPOCRITY ISSUE WITH PTINIBU,HIS NEW BLTO YOUR 24YEARS DAMAGED PAST MISRULES FROM OBJ DO OR DIE EVIL ELECTION MAN,TO JONA AND TO PRETENDER BUHA. LETS FACES FACTS. shocked
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:32pm On Feb 08
PARADIZEPRIEST:
Let him do the needful and you will see that it is an isolated matter.Reach out to Western union,if they stall write Federal Consumer Protection council.Get the latest info to resolve ya issues,naija is changing fast today,in this A.I.
NOBODY SHOULD HAVE HYPOCRITY ISSUE WITH PTINIBU,HIS NEW TO YOUR 24YEARS DAMAGED PAST MISRULES FROM OBJ DO OR DIE EVIL ELECTION MAN,TO JONA AND TO PRETENDER BUHA. LETS FACES FACTS. shocked
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:33pm On Feb 08
PARADIZEPRIEST:
NOBODY SHOULD HAVE HYPOCRITY ISSUE WITH PTINIBU,HIS NEW BLTO YOUR 24YEARS DAMAGED PAST MISRULES FROM OBJ DO OR DIE EVIL ELECTION MAN,TO JONA AND TO PRETENDER BUHA. LETS FACES FACTS. shocked
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:34pm On Feb 08
[quote author=dejavubobo1 post=128356877]I don't have issue with Tinubu tho not a supporter. But it's crazy how a company making profit still flag a client for fraud when they can easily reach out to d sender for details[/quoteLet him do the needful and you will see that it is an isolated matter.Reach out to Western union,if they stall write Federal Consumer Protection council.Get the latest info to resolve ya issues,naija is changing fast today,in this A.I.
NOBODY SHOULD HAVE HYPOCRITY ISSUE WITH PTINIBU,HIS NEW TO YOUR 24YEARS DAMAGED PAST MISRULES FROM OBJ DO OR DIE EVIL ELECTION MAN,TO JONA AND TO PRETENDER BUHA. LETS FACES FACTS. angry
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by jojothaiv(m): 6:34pm On Feb 08
suskumayaya:

It won't amount to anything. Their terms and conditions will cover them.
It's saddening...
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Lifemanage: 6:41pm On Feb 08
post=128355618:

Some of us @MANNA experienced this many years back with one of their competitors, while working with some foreign countries back then as representatives of their African market and brand Ambassadors,
We did (and still doing) a good job for them,
But when it gets to the time of getting paid (4K dolls every 2 weeks) in foreign currencies, na for there wahala go start.
It was a long front and back thing till we found another solution.

All these is due to the Nigerians that have given the country a bad name both in and out of the country.
For those criminal souls,
They will all end up in prison and deaths.
They will never enjoy thr fruits of their labors for soiling the country's name out there and for making outsiders look at all Nigerians as criminals.

We Rise ✔️
De play. Maybe if u had shown people how u make legit money by mentoring them, the so called bad eggs will not have spoilt the country's name. So long na u Sabi am only, those running the other lane will continue as they are multiplied in all the states of the country
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Penboy: 6:45pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

Why use WU tho?
When you can use Payoneer or any of the digital methods of money transfer.

Na una dey do unaself sha.
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Lomprico2: 6:57pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

How long did it take you to learn to become a data analyst?
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by adecz: 7:02pm On Feb 08
Nigerian authorities only target youths
for any suspicion of cybercrime, yet
nothing happens to politicians who
brazenly steal billions of Naira or millions
of dollars of public money❗️❗️❗️😏😏😏
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Dhanidhamy(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08
Hit me up for your working tools
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by twosquare(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08
In this 21st century. Yes WU is okay but step up, man...except you are oldie

Register for Wise
Register for grey dot co

And transfer your money with peace of mind.

Na you put yourself into issues.

dejavubobo1:

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by wirinet(m): 7:07pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

Western Union kwa? Who still dey use western union in this fintech and crypto age. There are numerous ways to receive payments from abroad directly. There are payoneer, Wise, Skrill, grey, etc., then there are the ubiquitous bitcoin and USDT.

Me, i get all of the above.

Western Union ko, moneygram ni.

2 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by dejavubobo1(m): 7:08pm On Feb 08
Lomprico2:

How long did it take you to learn to become a data analyst?
3months tho with some fundamental knowledge
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by dejavubobo1(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08
wirinet:

Western Union kwa? Who still dey use western union in this fintech and crypto age. There are numerous ways to receive payments from abroad directly. There are payoneer, Wise, Skrill, grey, etc., then there are the ubiquitous bitcoin and USDT.

Me, i get all of the above.

Western Union ko, moneygram ni.
No reasonable or should I formal organisation ll pay in cryoto
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by patorial(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08
stagger:
Open an account with Wise or Geegpay and say goodbye to these issues.

There is no sane employee that will accept such as money of payment of wages
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by wirinet(m): 7:22pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

No reasonable or should I formal organisation ll pay in cryoto
False. My friends son who does graphic work for a Canadian company is paid is crypto (USDT).
Many brick and mortar shops accept crypto payments. There are even ATMs that transact in bitcoin.
Digital currency is the future of money, and we are just in the seeding phase.

1 Like

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Lomprico2: 7:25pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:

3months tho with some fundamental knowledge

Ok, I want to learn to land a remote job as additional income
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Macphenson: 7:28pm On Feb 08
post=128355618:

Some of us @MANNA experienced this many years back with one of their competitors, while working with some foreign countries back then as representatives of their African market and brand Ambassadors,
We did (and still doing) a good job for them,
But when it gets to the time of getting paid (4K dolls every 2 weeks) in foreign currencies, na for there wahala go start.
It was a long front and back thing till we found another solution.

All these is due to the Nigerians that have given the country a bad name both in and out of the country.
For those criminal souls,
They will all end up in prison and deaths.
They will never enjoy thr fruits of their labors for soiling the country's name out there and for making outsiders look at all Nigerians as criminals.

We Rise ✔️

Including the drug lords and the idiotic online fools that supported a chicago drug lord, May God punish them all.
We rise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN / Is Earnrealpay.net Real Way To Make Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.