Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? (862 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? / Pls Advice Me, My Parents Do Not Approve My Proposed Marriage Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by onyemafemi: 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2011
Six months into a relationship with my girl, I proposed and asked to see her parents. The dad requested that I should come with one or two family members which I did. After the meeting he promised to get back to us as to come with my parents for the formal introduction.

Three months have passed and am yet to hear from him. After waiting endlessly for months, my old man invited me to tell me that the man`s silence means NO. That I should go look for another gurl. On hearing this, I invited my gurl to ask her if she have had a conversation with her Dad on the subject. She said yea, that her old man has his reservation on my academics, First I attended a part-time programme and secondly my school is a State Uni, which he never liked. He further said that inferiority complex could set in the marriage. She said he will call me soon. I told her that her Dad wouldn`t be the one to tell me on how to run my home. Though I have great plans for my career, education and family.

I was really pissed on hearing this, but I didnt show it. I asked her if she think am not the kind of man she wanted, she said I am and she wouldnt want to disobey her Dad. The man has even threatened to disown her if she dare get preg for me. I dont know if I should go with my Dads advise and leave the man`s daughter or I should press for it. Am really confused.

Please I need matured advise.
Re: Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by ronkebp(f): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2011
Go with your dad's advice, because it is obvious you girl is going with her dad's advice.
Re: Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by blank(f): 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2011
The girl no send u. How can u be the one to call her and ask after 3 months? She should be the one on her dad's neck asking for the date. Since she is not bothered then u know u av gotten your answer. Move on bro. If it was just the dad, u may have a chance but the girl is also nonchalant. Cut your losses now.
Re: Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by onyemafemi: 3:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
blank:

The girl no send u. How can u be the one to call her and ask after 3 months? She should be the one on her dad's neck asking for the date. Since she is not bothered then u know u av gotten your answer. Move on bro. If it was just the dad, u may have a chance but the girl is also nonchalant. Cut your losses now.

Yea, she`s been on and off. Sometimes she acts like am the only person that matters to her and at the other time she will go cold.
Re: Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2011
Move on
Re: Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
That family is controlling

Her father does not even regard you or your family members, if he did, he would have informed yous of his decision.

Your gurl on the other hand is not ready for marriage and still has a lot of growing up to do, she had to wait until you asked her before telling you what her father said? Very disrespectful, that family,and the reasons they gave are silly.

Move on, that girl is enjoying the attention
Re: Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by dorleey(f): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
indecision is one problem that ur gal has. from wt u've said, it is so obvious that u are not going to get a positive response from her dad; and for the gal to tell you that she can not disobey her dad, it means that her dad's 'no' is her 'no'. i will advice you to heed to ur dad's advice.
Re: Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by jumie(f): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2011
Talk to her. What is she saying? and what is her dad saying?
Re: Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by Ournaija: 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2011
I wonder why parents stand in the ways to their children`s happiness.
Re: Inlaws Silent On Proposed Marriage A No? by coogar: 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ournaija:

I wonder why parents stand in the ways to their children`s happiness.

because children in nigeria allow them.
when a girl of the marriageable age is still collecting handouts, food, water and garri from her parents then you should know the parents will control every aspect of her life.

(1) (Reply)

Test Every Nigerian Parent Should Give Their Child / If U Were Given Powers To Bring Someone Back To Life Who Would U Choose?? / Multiple Bomb Blasts Hit Potiskum, Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.