Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast (63144 Views)

Pls Be Careful With Opay If You Dont Want To Have Heart Attack / Nigerian Traders ‘under Attack’ In Ghana / Mani Manoharan, Dangote's Manager Dies In India After Suffering Heart Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by sonofsteven: 8:30pm On Feb 08
Me wey don stop to dey support any team or country,I just watch match sometimes and na without anyone in mind

Even since afcon, na nig vs sa me watch reason being na Mt phone fit show am,my neighbors for house woke me up, while watching, I was supporting good play my neighbor called me frenemy lol.... I no like the tension it gives plus my bp
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by treatise: 8:32pm On Feb 08
DonXavi:

https://www.facebook.com/share/EH8GwKH61xSDA2D7/?mibextid=oFDknk
If that is the case, I will try to watch the Final in cartoon version. RIP to the dead.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by AKINBOLADANTATA: 8:44pm On Feb 08
APC chieftain, Cairo Ojougboh, dies while watching Super Eagles AFCON 2023 semfinal match against South Africa.

A former member of the House of Representatives who represented the Ika Federal Constituency in Delta State and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Cairo Ojougboh, is dead.

According to a family source, Ojougboh died on Wednesday night while watching the AFCON 2023 semi-final match between Nigeria and South Africa.

He reportedly collapsed as South Africa was awarded a penalty in the later stages of the game at the Stade de la Paix in Bouake.

The game ended in a 4-2 penalty shootout victory in favour of Nigeria, propelling the Super Eagles to the final of the AFCON 2023 against the host, Cote d’Ivoire.

Ojougboh was also a former Executive Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

Tinubu mourns Cairo Ojougboh

President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the death of the former Executive Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Dr. Cairo Ojougboh.

https://nigeriaworld.com/news/source/2024/feb/8/310.html
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by bigcasava1(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08
RIP,
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by bluefilm: 8:49pm On Feb 08
Another victim of Yusuf?
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Mercury12(m): 8:53pm On Feb 08
Seams a paid victory with blood.

RIP.
God knows best
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Gggjhhj: 8:55pm On Feb 08
franchasofficia:
Best method someone posted online and I believe would work is to open a betting account and bet huge money that Ivory Coast will win, so that if Nigeria start losing you get consoled by the money you would win grin

Funny yeah, but you could loose both
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by VULCAN(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08
A minimum of 1B people watch football to some extent and do not think it's boring.

If everybody says a thing is white and you alone say it's black then we know where the real problem is.

Pls avoid commenting on football threads as you just come across as someone who is craving attention

mmadu4:
i dont watch football and never had any desire to do so. boring sports no action was so ever ,

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by abobote: 8:59pm On Feb 08
ify2016:
I wouldn't have believed all these deaths saga initially not until i remembered my Boss calling me yesterday night narrating how he couldn't sleep after experiencing BP developed during super eagles game. He was seriously shivering while on call with me after watching the match. I was even scared too. On resumption this morning, he's so happy with me for saving his life.

Men, avoid watching football if you know you're hypertensive. It get why.

How did you save his life?
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by mmadu4: 9:01pm On Feb 08
VULCAN:
A minimum of 1B people watch football to some extent and do not think it's boring.

If everybody says a thing is white and you alone say it's black then we know where the real problem is.

Pls avoid commenting on football threads as you just come across as someone who is craving attention

football sucks thats it
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by VULCAN(m): 9:01pm On Feb 08
If only your hatred for them could guarantee you success in life.

Alas it cannot

PDPdestroyer:
We've seen news about other Nigerians whose death came as a result of the match, without emphasis layed on the tribe or financial status of the individual, but Igbos must find a way to chestbeat when it concerns theirs grin
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Tranquility2345: 9:06pm On Feb 08
richiemcgold:

Na wa o. Me sef make I just say na luck I get yesterday.

The way my heart they do me during that match, e be like say e wan fail. I never felt like that before in my life. My heart come dey beat so fast and loud. E dey do like ji-gbi-ji-gbi, gbi-gbi-gbi! I no fit stand, I no fit siddon; I was seriously on edge throughout the penalty shootout. Yet I no wan commot my eyes for TV. I can't believe say I still get passion for Nigeria like dis o. The thing surprise me.

grin grin
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Benrosaria(m): 9:10pm On Feb 08
Lance008:
Is this real?

Yeah The new way of killing blacks now
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by heysquare(m): 9:15pm On Feb 08
matify83:
The number of Nigerians reported to have died from watching yesterday's match is worrisome.

Nairaland has reported 4 so far to my knowledge chief amongst them is Hon. Cairo ojugboh. There was the corper in Numan Adamawa state, Kwara varsity bursa and this fellow here.

I always tell people to instead watch replay or highlights if you know you have a heart condition or is very anxious during such games.

Even yours truly know wetin body tell me watching that match last night. Na today I begin get myself small small .

As far as the finals is concerned, I will be supporting Nigeria in the spirit, I no get enough strength for live viewing again but if Nigeria can go 4 goals up , then I can rescind my decision and watch
I learnt since 1994 after Nigeria v Italy game. Now I only watches Livescore and not live match then the highlights. I can't kill my sef

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Calitoscassius(m): 9:18pm On Feb 08
This sounds quite bizzare, football is only for fun if watching football can make people have attacks and die, then it isn't fun anymore.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by ModestManager: 9:18pm On Feb 08
femisplash:
RIP, hearts were really racing, flying and jumping out of the mouth like Argentina-France final. However, the "richest nigeria in ivory coast" was an unneccessary sensationalism.

....who said richest Nigerian?

Read well: richest Igboman

So so sad.....when you have high blood pressure,,,,no tense yourself up. check your b.p people and if possible use medications.

Above all, it's JUST a game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by franchasofficia: 9:18pm On Feb 08
geoworldedu:
And if Nigeria eventually wins, you still die of heart attack of losing your huge money grin Whichever way na die cheesy
losing money won't pain as much as when you want Nigeria to win and they lose grin
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by franchasofficia: 9:19pm On Feb 08
Gggjhhj:

Funny yeah, but you could loose both
lol, if they play draw I guess, but remember its knockout so someone must win shocked cheesy
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by olancho: 9:20pm On Feb 08
I am hypertensive and I take BP drug every day my BP rose from 112/70 to 140/90 the day Nigeria played with Ivory Coast so yesterday I was cautious about it so I didn’t put all my attention on the match. A lot of people died because of yesterday’s match.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Guruindahouse(m): 9:22pm On Feb 08
People have always been watching tensed matches like this. What changed in recent time is that Nigerians' health are fragile due to various ugly incidents happening. Many have High Blood pressure and cr.zily blood sugar level(diabetic) without even knowing about them. These two diseases are intertwined, doesn't show for face and sadly, they are very deadly.
matify83:
The number of Nigerians reported to have died from watching yesterday's match is worrisome.

Nairaland has reported 4 so far to my knowledge chief amongst them is Hon. Cairo ojugboh. There was the corper in Numan Adamawa state, Kwara varsity bursa and this fellow here.

I always tell people to instead watch replay or highlights if you know you have a heart condition or is very anxious during such games.

Even yours truly know wetin body tell me watching that match last night. Na today I begin get myself small small .

As far as the finals is concerned, I will be supporting Nigeria in the spirit, I no get enough strength for live viewing again but if Nigeria can go 4 goals up , then I can rescind my decision and watch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by EmekaA125(m): 9:22pm On Feb 08
RIP High Chief. Rest on Sir
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by geoworldedu: 9:23pm On Feb 08
franchasofficia:
losing money won't pain as much as when you want Nigeria to win and they lose grin
Make I hear. If I lose money, e go pain me wella o. Which money I go take survive the month after Super Eagles win finish? Abeg the best way is to watch the ball as we dey watch am before wey we no dey die.
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by OkeyNW: 9:26pm On Feb 08
The main reason I stopped watching ManU matches. I no fit shout ohh!!!
FarmPlanetNG:
Stop watching sports in live time people please. For 15-19 years plus, i only watch match replays. This leeps my BP safe. If you are above forty, reduce the tensed scenarios you expose yourself to

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by 123yes(m): 9:28pm On Feb 08
If you trade forex and sustain the shock. There is no shock you cannot sustain in this world
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by hardon1(m): 9:32pm On Feb 08
Its obvious the game took more. These ones are know because to some extent they were influential people

I can only imagine the number of regular people it must have taken

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Ahcu22(f): 9:33pm On Feb 08
Ordinary my students football matches with other schools, I no dey watch. Come be the Afcon semi-final. I dey mad! I want die. Iold my colleagues that I would watch the game. Shey, na only laugh them laugh me
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Enemyofpeace: 9:34pm On Feb 08
Super eagles just dey use people do rituals to win their matches
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by spandola: 9:35pm On Feb 08
Before Nigeria and Cameroon match I had to stake 10k in favour of Cameron knowing Cameron had high odds..If Nigeria won I would be happy,if they lost i would still be happy Knowing that I had won myself some good money..I can't come and kill myself for Nigeria
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by pikechukwu6(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08
See this one done go die for dead country...Will the fact that SE won yesterday match make the economy boost? I wished they failed to qualify because the leaders are on the right track to reap without making life better for the poor. RIP
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by spandola: 9:36pm On Feb 08
Before Nigeria and Cameroon match I had to stake 10k in favour of Cameroon knowing Cameroon had high odds..If Nigeria won I would be happy,if they lost i would still be happy Knowing that I had won myself some good money..I can't come and kill myself for Nigeria
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Pauliaette(m): 9:41pm On Feb 08
Hmmmmm everything kills even football
Re: AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast by Guruindahouse(m): 9:42pm On Feb 08
I think there are something you can start doing that will make you stop/withdraw from using drugs. There are long term side effects of taking this kind of drugs.

Some of the advice is that, stop worrying about anything that are beyond your control. Also flee away from toxic people or people that used to tensed you up.or give you bad vibes that will lead you to being worried. Also, ensure you sleep for 6-8 hrs every night, reduce or stop salt intake if possible and don't live sedentary lifestyle.

Start doing this and watch how you will be reducing your drug usage with time.

olancho:
I am hypertensive and I take BP drug every day my BP rose from 112/70 to 140/90 the day Nigeria played with Ivory Coast so yesterday I was cautious about it so I didn’t put all my attention on the match. A lot of people died because of yesterday’s match.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion / Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month / Lady Saves N360k In A Gallon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.