Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,839 members, 7,851,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform (701 Views)

Digital Birth Registration: UNICEF, NPC To Enlist 800 Corps Members / Atiku Abubakar Launches Online TV As New Channel Of Campaign / The Bayelsa State Civil Service Commission Launches Their Website Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by BluntCrazeMan: 8:06am On Feb 09
The National Population Commission (NPC) had launched the online self-service for the registration of birth, attestation of birth, notification of foreign births for children that are not born in Nigeria, and reprinting of already issued certificates.

Thus, people can now by themselves register (or attest to) their own births or that of their children with ease in the comfort of their homes.

REGISTER NOW at https://nationalpopulation.gov.ng and discover the ease of VitalReg!

For complaints, requests and technical support, contact the NPC through the official-support CHATBOX on the NPC’s website.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by Nbotee(m): 8:11am On Feb 09
Useless website. You still end up having to go to their office to physically queue and fill the useless form.
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by BluntCrazeMan: 8:17am On Feb 09
Nbotee:
Useless website. You still end up having to go to their office to physically queue and fill the useless form.

Are you referring to the old system??
Or to this newly-announced system??
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by WorldRichest: 8:22am On Feb 09
Tunji-Ojo is working on all Parastatals under him. This guy is moving to greater heights.
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by BluntCrazeMan: 9:40am On Feb 09
Lalasticlala, Seun, Nlfpmod
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by BluntCrazeMan: 1:10pm On Feb 09
BluntCrazeMan:
The National Population Commission (NPC) had launched the online self-service for the registration of birth, attestation of birth, notification of foreign births for children that are not born in Nigeria, and reprinting of already issued certificates.

Thus, people can now by themselves register (or attest to) their own births or that of their children with ease in the comfort of their homes.

REGISTER NOW at https://nationalpopulation.gov.ng and discover the ease of VitalReg!

For complaints, requests and technical support, contact the NPC through the official-support CHATBOX on the NPC’s website.
Lalasticlala, Seun, Nlfpmod
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by Nbotee(m): 8:48am On Feb 11
BluntCrazeMan:

Are you referring to the old system??
Or to this newly-announced system??

This new one
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by BluntCrazeMan: 6:02pm On Feb 11
Nbotee:

This new one
None of the procedures indicated that the applicant would have to do any other thing again after applying from the online platform..

You're mistaking this for NIN..

NO..
Birth-Certificate is different from NIN.
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by Nbotee(m): 12:16am On Feb 12
BluntCrazeMan:
None of the procedures indicated that the applicant would have to do any other thing again after applying from the online platform..

You're mistaking this for NIN..

NO..
Birth-Certificate is different from NIN.

I had to get a letter of attestation from the NPC 2 weeks ago because I needed to correct an information on my NIN. I found the link and went through the procedure and even made payment online (3k or so) and was supposed to get a mail. Till today I'm still waiting for that mail. Went to their office in Wuse and had to queue to collect a form with the same information on the portal and was directed to a nearby cafe to generate remita and come back to queue and wait.
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by BluntCrazeMan: 4:41am On Feb 12
Nbotee:

I had to get a letter of attestation from the NPC 2 weeks ago because I needed to correct an information on my NIN. I found the link and went through the procedure and even made payment online (3k or so) and was supposed to get a mail. Till today I'm still waiting for that mail. Went to their office in Wuse and had to queue to collect a form with the same information on the portal and was directed to a nearby cafe to generate remita and come back to queue and wait.

Na waa oo..
This your experience just caused lots of questions to flood my mind..

So, first of all,, it means that you categorically paid TWO TIMES for the same thing.??

Secondly, are you going request for the refund of the first payment which you earlier made online.??

Thirdly,, did you later collect the letter of attestation from them?? And also,, is the letter in a digitally typed format? Or is it hand-written.??

Again, when you went to the nearby cafe, did you fill the exact online-form again before the payment? Or the office at Wuse generated the code for you with which you went to the Cafe to pay?

(This one is a typical case of Nigeria happening.. Things that should be working automatically are being deliberately messed-up by the dubious officials who are supposed to be handling them)
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by Nbotee(m): 2:22am On Feb 13
BluntCrazeMan:

Na waa oo..
This your experience just caused lots of questions to flood my mind..

So, first of all,, it means that you categorically paid TWO TIMES for the same thing.??

Secondly, are you going request for the refund of the first payment which you earlier made online.??

Thirdly,, did you later collect the letter of attestation from them?? And also,, is the letter in a digitally typed format? Or is it hand-written.??

Again, when you went to the nearby cafe, did you fill the exact online-form again before the payment? Or the office at Wuse generated the code for you with which you went to the Cafe to pay?

(This one is a typical case of Nigeria happening.. Things that should be working automatically are being deliberately messed-up by the dubious officials who are supposed to be handling them)

There was no refund on the online payment. The cafe was just to generate remita payment (they were charging extra cos they were apparently colluding with the npc officials). You are given a form to fill your details and information and a copy is produced to confirm the provided information before the final document is produced and issued. It wasn't handed written
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by BluntCrazeMan: 3:47am On Feb 13
Nbotee:

There was no refund on the online payment. The cafe was just to generate remita payment (they were charging extra cos they were apparently colluding with the npc officials). You are given a form to fill your details and information and a copy is produced to confirm the provided information before the final document is produced and issued. It wasn't handed written

I been want to ask that question before.

If they keyed-in your information in their office,, why didn't they generate the Remita in their office too?
(Like,, why exactly did you have to go outside their office to generate the Remita?)

Did they give you any codes, or any special-information with which you went to the cafe?
Re: The National Population Commission Launches Online Birth Registration Platform by AfonjaEkiti: 3:52am On Feb 13
WorldRichest:
Tunji-Ojo is working on all Parastatals under him. This guy is moving to greater heights.

Phahahahahajaha

The normal praising bot in few months time the real stats will show .

Wooooozaaaaahh

(1) (Reply)

President And Vice Dey Go Ivory Coast. / Why Is Nairaland Publishing Only News Of Hardship? / What If Obama Wins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.