Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,348 members, 7,846,508 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

5 Things You Didn't Know About Honey - Fascinating - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Things You Didn't Know About Honey - Fascinating (150 Views)

Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill / What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Didn't Know About Honey - Fascinating by KunToyo: 1:40pm On Feb 10
Honey has been valued as a natural sweetener long before sugar became widely available in the 16th century.
Honey production flourished in ancient Greece and Sicily, for instance, while animals other than humans – bears, badgers, and more – have long raided honey bee hives, risking stings for the sweet reward.

Honey is truly a remarkable substance, made even more extraordinary by the process with which it is made. This blend of sugar, trace enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids is quite unlike any other sweetener on the planet.

And while honey is high in fructose, it has many health benefits when used in moderation (assuming you're healthy).

Before I delve into those, should we discuss how honey is made? Nah! Some other time!

1. HONEY MAKES EXCELLENT COUGH "MEDICINE"

The World Health Organization (WHO) lists
honey as a demulcent, which is a substance that relieves irritation in your mouth or throat by forming a protective film.

Research shows honey works as well as
dextromethorphan, a common ingredient in over the counter cough medications, to soothe......

5 wonderful health benefits of honey, continue reading below

https://www.healthismy.name.ng/2015/07/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-honey_7.html
Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know About Honey - Fascinating by KunToyo: 12:21am On Feb 11
KunToyo:
Honey has been valued as a natural sweetener long before sugar became widely available in the 16th century.
Honey production flourished in ancient Greece and Sicily, for instance, while animals other than humans – bears, badgers, and more – have long raided honey bee hives, risking stings for the sweet reward.

Honey is truly a remarkable substance, made even more extraordinary by the process with which it is made. This blend of sugar, trace enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids is quite unlike any other sweetener on the planet.

And while honey is high in fructose, it has many health benefits when used in moderation (assuming you're healthy).

Before I delve into those, should we discuss how honey is made? Nah! Some other time!

1. HONEY MAKES EXCELLENT COUGH "MEDICINE"

The World Health Organization (WHO) lists
honey as a demulcent, which is a substance that relieves irritation in your mouth or throat by forming a protective film.

Research shows honey works as well as
dextromethorphan, a common ingredient in over the counter cough medications, to soothe......

5 wonderful health benefits of honey, continue reading below

https://www.healthismy.name.ng/2015/07/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-honey_7.html

Do well to visit my blog

(1) (Reply)

Naija Which Way Na? / Dried Scallions For Sale / Nigerian Man Collapses In The Street Due To Hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.