Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work (14246 Views)

It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Sleekfingers: 4:50pm On Feb 12
Pay my staff 25th
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Biodun556(m): 4:53pm On Feb 12
nony43:
23rd of every month.

This should be Lagos state government, I guess
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by ajepako(f): 4:55pm On Feb 12
26th of every month except it falls on weekend

Sure banker
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by ffo(m): 4:56pm On Feb 12
nkemjacob2:
From my own aspect, I don't know if it is sole reason of the economic crisis. I haven't been paid by the end of the month since I started work for over a year. They do pay every 5th of every new month. Now payment has changed gear to 10th of every month.

Are employers taken advantage of employees undecided

Na wa o
Most places where i worked before in Nigeria was 25th, some months ealier if 25th falls on weekend or holidays. In Asia it was 23-25. Here in west (government), its 1st of everymonth even if its holiday or weekend, dey no send your papa

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by nony43(m): 4:58pm On Feb 12
iyatrustee:

Union bank days! For 15yrs the 23rd was a sacred day for me cheesy cheesy

👍🏼
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Kentuforchrist(m): 5:00pm On Feb 12
30th or 1st.....
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by MisterBanny(m): 5:00pm On Feb 12
ogashman:
28th of every month.

Pls help me with 2k
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Rexymania(m): 5:00pm On Feb 12
2nd

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by MisterBanny(m): 5:00pm On Feb 12
Kentuforchrist:
30th or 1st.....

Can u pls help me with 2k?
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Wuless82(m): 5:01pm On Feb 12
nkemjacob2:
From my own aspect, I don't know if it is sole reason of the economic crisis. I haven't been paid by the end of the month since I started work for over a year. They do pay every 5th of every new month. Now payment has changed gear to 10th of every month.

Na wa o

So that you can lead the team of village people come collect am ba. I don see tey tey
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by MisterBanny(m): 5:02pm On Feb 12
ffo:

Most places where i worked before in Nigeria was 25th, some months ealier if 25th falls on weekend or holidays. In Asia it was 23-25. Here in west (government), its 1st of everymonth even if its holiday or weekend, dey no send your papa

Pls help me with 10k to revive my Recharge card business Pls. I was robbed of everything last month. Thanks

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by MisterBanny(m): 5:02pm On Feb 12
ajepako:

26th of every month except it falls on weekend

Sure banker

Pls ma, help me with 2k
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Juniorangel(m): 5:02pm On Feb 12
My former Boss will pay you half of your salary by the 15th of next month he has never paid in full na just half half.... Very wicked man

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by MisterBanny(m): 5:03pm On Feb 12
Sleekfingers:
Pay my staff 25th

Pls Sir, help me with 2k
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by MisterBanny(m): 5:03pm On Feb 12
ekelebeXstunner:
26th - 28th when I worked in a corporate setting.

Pls Sir, help me with 2k
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by MisterBanny(m): 5:04pm On Feb 12
R0LL0N:
Every 22nd of the month

Please sir, help me with 2k
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by MisterBanny(m): 5:05pm On Feb 12
iCauseTrouble:
I work from home plus I run a small business.
I pay myself and my staff on 25th of each month

Could u pls help me with 2k?
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by GideonG(m): 5:08pm On Feb 12
27th is sacrosanct just that it comes at night, between 8:30pm to 9pm

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Lekan239(m): 5:08pm On Feb 12
thesicilian:

Ha
Let me explain in another way:

If January salary is paid on February 15, and February salary is paid on march 15 and march salary is paid on April 15.

From January 1 to Feb 15 = 46days
From Feb 15 to March 15 = 29days
From March 15 to April 15 = 31days
From April 15 to May 15 = 30days

As you can see the only time you get to suffer is the first time, after that as long as the salary comes regularly it's essentially the same 30days from one payment to the next.

And again, I'm not trying to defend salary delays, it should be discouraged and avoided by all means.
now let's say u want to quit the job after receiving ur salary of May. U will have too wrk 15days more right. Bcus I know some employer won't pay ur salary if you stop work before receiving payment
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by thesicilian: 5:15pm On Feb 12
ecolime:

It is only the same when you work for a structured company with integrity.

For one man business, it's not the same. You will understand better when you resign the job for another endeavor.

You go beg tire before dem pay you your last salary.

Lol
I go run leave them na

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by geunik(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12
nkemjacob2:

Na wa o
I will explain 2 things
1. If it is consistent with pay day, it is still same 30 days circle
2. It is a technique deployed by employers to prevent you from resigning after payment. Some staffs are so wicked that they can resign abruptly without notification immediately they receive their salary. It can destroy an sme

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by DSoj(m): 5:19pm On Feb 12
what's ur biz with that?
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by thesicilian: 5:20pm On Feb 12
Sainturch1:

What if someone wants to resign at the end of the month?
You can still give them the regular one month notice, then they pay you your last salary when they're paying others.

For example if you want to resign by March ending, give them a written notice by Feb 29 or March 1st, and leave by march 31st. Then when they are paying march salary by April 15 you'll get your own.
All this is assuming they have integrity as a company.

If it's the kind of people that will start victimising you after you say you want to leave, it's better to jejely pack your bag and leave once you get your salary, and forget the remaining number of days you've worked for them.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Evidenx(m): 5:20pm On Feb 12
gaby:
Bi-weekly. That is to say, every 2 weeks.
Yeah me too,I get paid every two weeks am already warming up to receive the first half on the 15th,The only thing am praying for now is an increase in salary .
Baba God you too much.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by thesicilian: 5:22pm On Feb 12
tivity101:
This narrative nor work at all.
If I work for you in the Month of January abeg gimme my money at the end of January. Don't take my Jan pay to 15th Feb, that one nor correct at all. Per adventure I decide to stop working with you at the end of the month, I may eventually not be paid because I stopped

Lol.
It's very stressful, I hate it, having to wait for your salary way into the new month.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by thesicilian: 5:25pm On Feb 12
Lekan239:
now let's say u want to quit the job after receiving ur salary of May. U will have too wrk 15days more right. Bcus I know some employer won't pay ur salary if you stop work before receiving payment
I think that's why some employers actually drag salaries way into the new month. But you can still give them the regular one month notice and leave, they'll have to pay you your money by the next payment date

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Tonytonex(m): 5:33pm On Feb 12
Wickedness is not good, people should learn to do the right thing.

When people worked for you, pay them as at when due.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Sleekfingers: 5:34pm On Feb 12
MisterBanny:

Pls Sir, help me with 2k

Why?
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Tonytonex(m): 5:37pm On Feb 12
thesicilian:

You can still give them the regular one month notice, then they pay you your last salary when they're paying others.

For example if you want to resign by March ending, give them a written notice by Feb 29 or March 1st, and leave by march 31st. Then when they are paying march salary by April 15 you'll get your own.
All this is assuming they have integrity as a company.

If it's the kind of people that will start victimising you after you say you want to leave, it's better to jejely pack your bag and leave once you get your salary, and forget the remaining number of days you've worked for them.
most of them, once you notify them that you want to resign, wahala don start.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by tonero230(m): 5:37pm On Feb 12
nkemjacob2:

I am yet to get my September 2023 salary. I am dead serious

Na wa o
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Ajalalomo: 5:37pm On Feb 12
nkemjacob2:

Na wa o

In my workplace, our salary is paid on weekdays (usually the 26th of the month); however, it will be paid on the next business day if the day falls on a weekend or holiday.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by tonero230(m): 5:38pm On Feb 12
[quote author=nkemjacob2 post=128386298]From my own aspect, I don't know if it is sole reason of the economic crisis. I haven't been paid by the end of the month since I started work for over a year. They do pay every 5th of every new month. Now payment has changed gear to 10th of every month.

I am yet to get my September 2023 salary. I am dead serious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vacancies @ Marie Stopes Nigeria - November 2013 / N-power Build Masonry, Carpentary, Welding And Fabrication Trainees At Skillup. / First Bank Of Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.