Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work (14228 Views)

It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by iCauseTrouble: 3:45pm On Feb 12
I work from home plus I run a small business.
I pay myself and my staff on 25th of each month

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Anguldi(m): 3:46pm On Feb 12
Self employed
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by akpumping7720(m): 3:48pm On Feb 12
A popular supermarket on the Lekki-Epe expressway pays it staff by 9th or 10th of the following month
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by wunmi590(m): 3:50pm On Feb 12

Every 31st of the month, it doesn't miss..

Like this month, it end on the 29th, my salary would be paid on the same day..... even if it entered Sunday, it will be paid.

I don't joke with my salary

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by PinkNature: 3:51pm On Feb 12
When I was still employed, payday was usually between 27th to 30th.

We were never owed by the proprietor.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by akpumping7720(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12
Anatakuebira:
Since Brother Tinbu came, it has been terrible. I received mine today as a federal government civil servant.
Oya do giveaway grin
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by OctavianAC(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12
Mine is 21st or 22nd of same month, except it falls on a weekend. But how much is even the money that some employers are hoarding? Something that you will still pay.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by iyatrustee(f): 3:54pm On Feb 12
nony43:
23rd of every month.

Union bank days! For 15yrs the 23rd was a sacred day for me cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Oluseglon(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12
28th but if it falls on a Weekend or Holiday, I get paid earlier.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Thislifee: 4:01pm On Feb 12
Anatakuebira:
Since Brother Tinbu came, it has been terrible. I received mine today as a federal government civil servant.
under which agency?
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Kinzo0917(m): 4:04pm On Feb 12
R0LL0N:
Every 22nd of the month

CBN STAFF I HAIL OO

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Kinzo0917(m): 4:06pm On Feb 12
RosyIsBlessed:
From 20th

Cbn staffs, una dey enjoy oo
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Baileyz101(m): 4:07pm On Feb 12
Currently Jobless. My last job though, we were paid bi-weekly. 15th and last day of the month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by chopnaira: 4:08pm On Feb 12
15th and last day of month.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by femi4: 4:13pm On Feb 12
nkemjacob2:
From my own aspect, I don't know if it is sole reason of the economic crisis. I haven't been paid by the end of the month since I started work for over a year. They do pay every 5th of every new month. Now payment has changed gear to 10th of every month.

Are employers taken advantage of employees undecided

Na wa o
Every 2 weeks
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by stanisbaratheon: 4:14pm On Feb 12
Every 22nd provided it falls on a week day and not weekend.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Sainturch1: 4:16pm On Feb 12
thesicilian:

Ha
Let me explain in another way:

If January salary is paid on February 15, and February salary is paid on march 15 and march salary is paid on April 15.

From January 1 to Feb 15 = 46days
From Feb 15 to March 15 = 29days
From March 15 to April 15 = 31days
From April 15 to May 15 = 30days

As you can see the only time you get to suffer is the first time, after that as long as the salary comes regularly it's essentially the same 30days from one payment to the next.

And again, I'm not trying to defend salary delays, it should be discouraged and avoided by all means.
What if someone wants to resign at the end of the month?

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by harjay1986: 4:16pm On Feb 12
nkemjacob2:
From my own aspect, I don't know if it is sole reason of the economic crisis. I haven't been paid by the end of the month since I started work for over a year. They do pay every 5th of every new month. Now payment has changed gear to 10th of every month.

Na wa o

We have 2 payday, first one is every 25th for the salary while 5th is for Voucher thats 70% of my salary

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by mizz2posh: 4:18pm On Feb 12
Every fortnight, I get paid on Friday.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by ADURA123(m): 4:19pm On Feb 12
CandidAdmin:
The jox of receiving Salaries has no bound!
Especially when it's HUGE!!!

Only for it to finish it after two-weeks due to inflation.

grin, E be like say you dey see my account from far
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by InvertedHammer: 4:25pm On Feb 12
nkemjacob2:

Na wa o
/

Does it matter?

As long as you are paid after every 30 days, you should be ok.

/
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by illuminutty: 4:27pm On Feb 12
25th. If weekend is 25th, the last working day before 25th becomes the payday. All the organizations I've worked with used the same pattern.

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Think9ja(m): 4:28pm On Feb 12
I once worked in a restaurant and in that toxic place, we all don't receive salary the same day.

Your payment is determined by the date in which you joined the place.

If you joined on the 18th of February, your first salary will be 18th of the following month

Same as the guy who joins on the 25th

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by chypotenti(m): 4:30pm On Feb 12
nony43:
23rd of every month.
Banker๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by nedzuby: 4:32pm On Feb 12
nkemjacob2:

Na wa o

When I was in paid job we normally receive our salary On the 20th of the month. We receive our December salary on the 10th of December
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Negroid001(m): 4:32pm On Feb 12
Have several engagements. 25th, 2 pay on the 28th, another one I'm still thinking of scrapping pays before the 5th of every month. Not including random gigs that drops in.

Varies, errything na structure.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by tivity101: 4:33pm On Feb 12
This narrative nor work at all.
If I work for you in the Month of January abeg gimme my money at the end of January. Don't take my Jan pay to 15th Feb, that one nor correct at all. Per adventure I decide to stop working with you at the end of the month, I may eventually not be paid because I stopped

thesicilian:

Ideally salary should be paid before the end of the month so that people can properly budget how to use their own money. However if you really look at it, receiving your salary every 26th day of the same month is essentially the same as receiving it every 15th day of the following month, because it is the same number of days in between the payments
The key is for the salary to be paid regularly

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by TreasureJunky: 4:39pm On Feb 12
My own is the last day of the month
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by spandola: 4:41pm On Feb 12
For me,Basic is 15th and the rest is 25th..Depends on if you want your basic to be paid on the 15th or you want all to be paid on the 25th..If the pay day falls on the a Saturday,you will get it on the 24th but if it falls on a Sunday then it will have to be the next day being Monday.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Negroid001(m): 4:47pm On Feb 12
nedzuby:

When I was in paid job we normally receive our salary On the 20th of the month. We receive our December salary on the 10th of December

Una go quick dey broke be that o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. / 5 Things Every Job Seeker Must Do Before Getting A Job / Any Npower Applicant Shortlisted For N-agro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.