Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Thinking Of Separation From My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thinking Of Separation From My Wife (4320 Views)

Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse / Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 3:28pm On Feb 11
Good afternoon everyone... Please I need a mature peoples to please advise me on what to do and the lawyer's in the house. should please advise me...
I meet this lady in 2010.. we agreed of marriage. So I went to see her brother living in the state here..
For introduction.. but for my greatest supprise the brother was living at down stairs.. he went up stairs to see if.. I carried private jet come. But I didn't come with any..
So after the introduction the brother refused to take the drinks we brought to him..
And he direct us to go and meet her parents in the village...

So I prepared to travel to her village.. before then I told her parents that I will like to pay dowry and do some things on the list.. we agreed and I was told the price for Dowry...
We travel to my village getting to my village my father can't go with us due to health challenge .

So we travel to her village.. with my mother and one of my uncle...
So getting there we bought some times. According to what the parents ask me to bring.. when is time to pay dowry.. I can't found my uncle I don't know how my uncle went back home with out my notice.. cus he said he want to go And ease him self...
We waited for him. He is know way to be found.. so we go ahead to pay the dowry.. with my mother..

With this am not happy about this.. we travel back to state.. by then we start going for marriage cus for wedding.. I told her to Go back to her brother house after wedding that is when we can live together..

After some days she runs back and told me his brother said since I have paid some thing for her head.. that there is no need of her staying with her she should go back to my house.. but because of the wedding stuff and for me to do church wedding we're not supposed to stay together before wedding.. and am holding a top position in the church then...

So I have to call the attention of one of my brother in Christ.. I let him know what is happening so he agreed for her to come and stay with them.. after wedding.. so she went to stay with him.. after some days she runs back to me. She started complaining that she can not continue to stay there.. that is how she pack and start living with me... Before u know u.. I lost my position in the church.. and the church remove hands for the wedding and she take in ..

After giving birth.. I call her family to inform them .. tell her mother to come. But her mother refused to come.. since I married none of her family members call her or know my house.. the marriage is only me and her...

Her mother refused to come... And latter she take in for my second child.. and call her parents again and tell her mother to come... The mother told me that am not there in-law that they are planning to come and carry they daughter from me...
I was like God what have I brought to my self.. I married her when I was 24 years.. I am only son.

I need family to call my second family.. some one to take as my mother sister and wife... I cry.
From there I began to see problem in the marriage.. the family have dined me that I have not done anything traditional.. I am not wedded... In the church..

And the marriage have started given me issues.. I started seeing trouble from the wife family side...
In 2018 the mother died.. I was told so I start preparing for the burial before then I send them 30k to support for them for the burial..

So before the burial I went to her village and stay 3 days.. I decided to no the family I come into.. that is we're I found out that the family are more than 20 peoples..

So the family started making arrangements to fight my family if the come for the burial...
I noticed what is going on.. but I keep quiet.. so when my family come and it is time for in-laws to start coming out..
As we're coming out the family stop us
And began to ask who are we.. they don't know us...
Because of this my village People get angry with me and began to say what kind of insults is this.. they went inside the canopy back.. so I was left alone I began to shout what kind of disgrace is this..
I told them this thing u people are doing.. is not right in front of everyone in the village..

So they began to ask me who I be

If I pay dowry for her head.. I say yes I paid they said ok... So after the burial we're about going to my village them asked me to wait behind...
So I told my village People to go... So the wife family summoned me meeting that night... So they asked me to tell them what and what I do..

I told them every thing.. so they called the father in-law and ask him the father in-law dined that I did not pay anything to him...

So when I hear this I was mad.. cus traditional dowry they don't dined it.. take of father in-law to dined it..

So on the ground there there second son began to shout.. I most talk I go talk.. papa u collected the money for the dowry.. if I didn't talk the Gods of our lands go killed me..

This is how about 2 -3 person from the family testified about me paying for the dowry.. and do somethings...
But I have been crushed in my heart witnessing the disgrace and insult I gave my self and my village People...

I was still in the meeting they called me from village that my village People have fine me 35k for the insults and disgrace I brought to them and vow never to follow me to my wife village again

I told them ok if I comes back I will see them...
So In there meeting the family of my wife told me that any thing that I have done before.. for the family of my wife.. is invalid and counsel that I should come back and start afresh and do everything again...

I say ok..

So I get to my village and told them everything they said they can never followed me to that village again.. because of the insults and disgrace they received from them...

I was left with heart broken ๐Ÿ’”...
I cried I was regretting y I got married.. the marriage is killing me.. no church wedding no traditional marriage...

So I travel back to Lagos... And went to my church to explain everything
That happened so they advice me to gather money to go for another traditional marriage and pay for another dowry again...
So I gather money and pleaded with my family and village.. so we travel to her village.. for another traditional marriage.. getting there.

The family didn't inform the village that were coming.. but my father main reason is to see that we pay for the dowry again..
But the family refused us to paid for dowry.. my father told them that the place we come from is far..
At the end.. we could not

As we come back to my village my father told me to quit the marriage..
That he even advice me to marry from my State...
But for me am afraid to divorce.. cus I don't like it.. and in the case of my father
He has issued with my mother.. and my mother go . So for my case if I allowed this to happen.. peoples we see it as family case.. I was thinking so may things..am afraid.... And besides am a Christian..
I have been crying inside me.. and the marriage started given me sleepiness night.. every day qurreel .. disagreement..

But am afraid to take a decision.. to separate or divorce... I have traveled to her family for this traditional marriage 3 times and each traveling to her village cost me 300k I have done this 3 times but everything did not work out...

Now my church get consent about my condition.. cus the things I suppose participating in the church I can't due to am not wedded... So they told me to prepare again and travel for the 4 times.. I have know money with me.. so I have to borrow money from we're I work to travel.. we travel May 2023..

So we travel for the traditional marriage.. a day before the day the father in-law call me to come and see him.. I told him that how do u want me to come today and go home and come tomorrow with my family?
He insisted I must come and for me to go there will cost me about 27k so I have to go...
When I get there the father in-law asked me what and what I will do I told him is my father will decide what were going to do.. he said ok
That is all I say this thing is something we can discuss on phone
So I managed to travel back.. I got home around 12 am ...
So we went the second day..
As we get to my wife village.. we're supprise the father in-law did not inform any one again that were coming..
He did not even keep kola for us..
So getting there my father request for kola..
They did not keep anything... I was the one that bring out money to buy kola...

The family refused to collect dowry.. the give me list of 2.5m. Said that I must finish everything in the list before the will allow me to pay for dowry...

My father pleaded with them the refused all the money I borrow was wasted cus we can't achieve anything again my father was very angry and vow never to go to her village again..
This is how we come back with out achieving anything...

So the church took the matter to the priest incharge.. after I explained to the priest.. the priest told me that there is no need of me going to pay for dowry again since I have paid before that the dowry standards... I say I even tried to pay it again to be at peace..

The priest ask me if I want to do wedding I said yes he asked me how many years I have been unto this matter I told him Since 2011.. 13 years...
He said he want to call the wife father . to ask him if I have paid Dowry.. so he call him he asked the father in-law if I have paid for dowry the first time.. he said yes.. the priest ask me to record the call.. I have the record with me...
He told him that he want us to do wedding the father in-law said ok that he

Please I will continue.. the story is too long

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by fyzaila: 3:30pm On Feb 11
To be honest, i struggled to read all this your story to the end. Ha my head embarassed embarassed please this your back and forth marriage is not by force. If after two kids they are still dangling with dowry been paid or not, then something is definitely wrong with that your wife people and her village undecided

15 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by livenija: 3:30pm On Feb 11
Trash story, my brain dey pain me from all d English n fakeness

17 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by thesicilian: 3:43pm On Feb 11
We need someone to summarise pls

8 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by SUPERPACK: 3:45pm On Feb 11
If love is blind, marriage is an eye opener

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 3:49pm On Feb 11
livenija:
bro please I opened this page.. not because of u... But if u have nothing to say please stay away... I know that some will say somethings to hurt me.. some will also give advice.. please don't come and add to my pain's... About the English... Was English my language?.. if u can understand my English stay away from my post...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by 2special(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11
No need continuing the discussion, please quit the marriage jaree

5 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by advanceDNA: 3:51pm On Feb 11
I can't believe I read this shiit....fvnny as fvck..

Ur English was giving me migraine....but funny like maaaaaaddd....

Gangster inlaw...awon wรจrรจy wants to collect dowry twice and 2.5Million naira worth of good.....u supposed don dump their daughter for them since.....them be domestic terrorists

I like ur first uncle that followed u to ur inlaws village.....the guy na confirm street ....he don decode say Dem be werey for that family...the guy exit sharpally without telling anybody...

I also like the priest that told u to record the werey Father inlaw.....another gangster in the story

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by samwash(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11
Well I gather mind to comprehend this story. This mata tie rapper.
After all the wahala you want still shock head for where they nor want you, my brother there's more to the story when you just narrate but you failed to understand waytin dey play.
In all these waytin be the stand of your wife ?
Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by jetwonder(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11
grin grin grin
My Title of the movie is;
LIVING IN BONDAGE.
If this story is real, my brother, get the f**k off that woman
Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by immortalcrown(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11
In all you have said, you didn't mention that your wife has any fault. This implies she is a good wife to you.

Let me know when you update the story.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by AsomStructures: 4:22pm On Feb 11
vinexe:
bro please I opened this page.. not because of u... But if u have nothing to say please stay away... I know that some will say somethings to hurt me.. some will also give advice.. please don't come and add to my pain's... About the English... Was English my language?.. if u can understand my English stay away from my post...

You talk too much seriously.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 4:24pm On Feb 11
The priest ask the father in-law to give us all the support we needed...

I was given bans of marriage to send to my village and to my wife village.. I sent my to my village.
They start calling and is going to last for 3weeks.. and I sent to my wife village...

After a week trouble brake up . The father in-law said he no longer accept again.. that I have not done anything traditional I should come and do traditional marriage before wedding...
Before this the bans have been taken to the parish they called 1st and second week form my wife side...so the father in-law went to the church and stopped the bans and ask them to cancel everything..

So the news get to me.. I called the father in-law to found out why the man started insulting me... That I should send her daughter and my children to him or the will take me to there shrine..

the priest called me on phone to come to the church.. I went to the church.. the priest said some one come as my wife senior brother and told the priest not to wedd us. That I have not settle them.. .

The priest told the man that he has called the father in-law before issuing us bans of marriage and Ur father said I have paid so what else..
So the priest ask th man to go and come back so that all of us will sit and talk about this matter..

He gives us date.. so when there after everything the brother said.. so the priest have had my .... So the priest said he want to see my father and an elder from my village and also the wife father and with an elder from the her village. To come to Lagos... This is around August 2023

The brother refused to accept the transportation of there father and elder from there village.. say I will be the one to pay for 4 of them.. and that was the time transportation fees is in higher side..

So the priest give us date when everyone will come.. as we're going out from the church the brother began to fight me in the church..

And he bite me as I saw blood on my face I got angry and look for bottle and break his head..
This get the priest angry and call the security in the church to beat up the man...
The priest now open up and told the man that he has seen the truth about this matter..

but he want to see the father...
After everything I was rushed to the hospital cus of the wound..

After 2 days the priest called me to come in the church... I told me that any how I can to transport my father and my wife father and elder to come to Lagos... .

I asked him y he said he want me to repeat the dowry payment again if the refused is going to tell me what to do...

This time am tired.... I began to think how to get money to send to them for their coming.. then 4 of them will cus me nothing else than 260k ..

I gather money I sent to my father.. about to send to my father in-law.. the father in-law said he is not coming.. that if there's anything to talk about or do I should come to there village...

I went to the priest.. and told him what the father in-law said.. the priest now told me to send the girl home to go and settled with their family.. and the wedding is cancel

I told my wife to go and see their family cus am tired.. she refused to go.... Reason is she knows that if she goes back to their family that I am not coming back to her again... She refused to go...

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by ezugegere(m): 4:26pm On Feb 11
What is your wife's position in all of these? Is your wife educated? Which state is she from?

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by RepoMan007: 4:26pm On Feb 11
livenija:
for the sake of others who may "actually" have such experience, just contribute(if any) and leave so they can learn in future when they see this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 4:40pm On Feb 11
The priest and church members told me that this matter is almost 13: years.. that I do separate or divorce and move on with my life...

The priest told me never to go back to her village since they have fight me. That the can do anything to harm me.. some one say I never mentioned that my wife is bad..

Yes I can't say she is bad
but she is a woman that can never take advice from her husband.. or obey her husband.. she take decision by her self.. she is have come to my place of work to insult me because I didn't send her money I suppose to send.. she comes to my office and I received shame of my life...

As am talking u now she goes out on Mondays come back on Friday leaving the kids for me... . She never care for what they eat.. she has push me divorce... Her but

Am so much afraid of doing this as of today none of the in-laws no my house over 13 years of marriage..
Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 4:45pm On Feb 11
Please ๐Ÿ™... Sorry for my English... This take me long to type..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by VeryWickedMan: 4:50pm On Feb 11
Hahahahaha
Another bloody simp!!

I didn't even bother reading the sermon.
All simps must die.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by garriAndsugar: 4:54pm On Feb 11
he bite me as I saw blood on my face I got angry and look for bottle and break his head
Where you see bottle inside the church abi you run go outside go find bottle?

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by OKOATA(m): 5:08pm On Feb 11
Bro you don't have any experience in the aspect of life that's why people keep pushing you around. You aren't a doll people should be pushing around, you said your wife insults and leaves the home for days. Bros let me put it to you you are a weak man and a weak man you will be for life if you can't emancipate yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by TheWinterBird(f): 5:11pm On Feb 11
So the brother fought you and bit you, causing you to bleed, and you also took a bottle to break his head? All these over what na? You already paid the dowry, and you went back to her village (three more times) to pay again just to make her family (namely her troublesome father and brother) happy but they gave you nothing but wahala each time. Your village people who followed you there to support you really tried for you, following you there two more times after the initial insulting visit only to be met with insults and wahala again.

Based on what you wrote about your wife coming to your place of work to insult you, going out on Mondays and coming back on Fridays, leaving the kids for you, then she's no different from her family. It seems you didn't know her or her family before jumping into the marriage. You said you met in 2010 and it was soon after meeting that you agreed to marrying her. You kinda have to do your due diligence before marrying someone. Anyways, you've been at this for 13-years and counting. Before they give you stroke or kill you before your time, it might be best to walk away from this troublesome marriage and family, and co-parent/take care of your kids financially from afar.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by NoToPile: 5:11pm On Feb 11
Na real wa, your wives people no try at all. What sort of family is this?

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 5:21pm On Feb 11
Some may look at this as a story.. but if there's a way to upload the marriage list here.. the evidence of bans of marriage.. the injuries sustained from the fight between the brother... And all the voice recorder from the brother. Father in-law the priest and my father and my uncle.. I will do that..

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by henrimoto(m): 5:23pm On Feb 11
vinexe:
Please ๐Ÿ™... Sorry for my English... This take me long to type..
How many children do you have with your wife ?

Pls, which part of Nigeria is your wife from ?

Pls, I need answers to the above questions.. I have something to tell you.
Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by ezugegere(m): 5:26pm On Feb 11
Your Church has already advised you on what to do. If you don't want to listen to them, you're on your own.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 5:29pm On Feb 11
Sir I don't know how u will feel if I ask u to chat me in privet .. some people may feel bad if I began to call the name of the state and village.. evidence of every thing I say here I have it.. with me
Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by We4all: 5:36pm On Feb 11
VeryWickedMan:
Hahahahaha
Another bloody simp!!

I didn't even bother reading the sermon.
All simps must die.

Who stole your signature meme?
Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by livenija: 5:43pm On Feb 11
vinexe:
trash
Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 5:45pm On Feb 11
henrimoto:
How many children do you have with your wife ?

Pls, which part of Nigeria is your wife from ?

Pls, I need answers to the above questions.. I have something to tell you.
u can chat me privately..
Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 5:46pm On Feb 11
livenija:
trash

Thank u bro
Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by henrimoto(m): 5:50pm On Feb 11
vinexe:
Sir I don't know how u will feel if I ask u to chat me in privet .. some people may feel bad if I began to call the name of the state and village.. evidence of every thing I say here I have it.. with me
I understand your write up, I'm not doubting it.

My friend, there is more (On the positive side) to life than this ill treatments you passed through in the hands of the family of the woman you called your wife.

For the pass years, you made yourself to be subjected to this kind of treatment because you want peace and want the right things to be done.

When will you wake up to reality, to understand that you are dealing with the wrong and wicked set of people/family as in-law to be ?
Is it when you enter the grave before you realized this?

On top of your own hard earned resources, a family is treating you like a nobody, like you don't have self worth...and you are taking it like your life depends on their daughter.

My friend, wake up! You won't die if they take back their daughter and the children.

You are a man, for crying out loud.

You deserve better than this

6 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Separation From My Wife by vinexe: 5:54pm On Feb 11
henrimoto:
I understand your write up, I'm not doubting it.

My friend, there is more (On the positive side) to life than this ill treatments you passed through in the hands of the family of the woman you called your wife.

For the pass years, you made yourself to be subjected to this kind of treatment because you want peace and want the right things to be done.

When will you wake up to reality, to understand that you are dealing with the wrong and wicked set of people/family as in-law to be ?
Is it when you enter the grave before you realized this?

On top of your own hard earned resources, a family is treating you like a nobody, like you don't have self worth...and you are taking it like your life depends on their daughter.

My friend, wake up! You won't die if they take back their daughter and the children.

You are a man, for crying out loud.

You deserve better than this
thank u sir...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With Loneliness? / Would You Date/marry Your child's prospective parent in-law? / How Do I Baby Sit A 2 Year Old Boy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.