Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,240 members, 7,860,540 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:20 PM

Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks (16078 Views)

Dangote Refinery Set For Production As Crude Supply Hits 6 Million Barrels / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States / Dapo Abiodun: We Will Deliver First Phase Of Cargo Airport In 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by tnerro1(m): 8:37am On Feb 13
The source no tell you the price 😡
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by bdon12: 8:42am On Feb 13
dre11:

Dangote Refinery is due to deliver its first fuel into the local market within weeks, four sources confirmed to Reuters, in a key milestone towards…

https://dailytrust.com/dangote-refinery-set-to-deliver-first-fuel-in-weeks/

Always due BT never delivers.

We don't tire to hear about this refinery scam
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by newnigerdelta00: 8:46am On Feb 13
naijaboy756:
Within weeks

There is no specific date?

See see finish ooo

Na owner dey pray make Nigeria nor better
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Murketeer: 8:47am On Feb 13
iampeterben:

I am excited cos money used for importation will be used for something meaningful in the country.
Lol ... you are not worried that it would be looted as usual ?
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by uniquetechng: 9:03am On Feb 13
Paraman:
Even though this news put a smile on my face but "in weeks" tu ni? 😦

NNPCL won't need to spend billions of dollars importing petrol, jet fuel, kerosene, diesel etc once the PH and Dangote refinery start selling. this will lead to the naira breathing some fresh air soon.
Dangote refinery will spend dollars to import crude, and the refinery will sell at current dollar rates so nothing changes.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by AskNgige2: 9:09am On Feb 13
naijaboy756:
Within weeks

See see finish ooo

Dangote is a useless man..

God will punish him, he is worse than politicians
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Paraman: 9:14am On Feb 13
uniquetechng:
Dangote refinery will spend dollars to import crude, and the refinery will sell at current dollar rates so nothing changes.
Dangote refinery won't be the only refinery operating in Nigeria. NNPCL will also be selling petrol and they won't be importing crude. If Dangote refinery petrol is more expensive than NNPCL petrol, marketers will only be buying from the NNPCL. Dangote refinery will have to sell to international customers and earn dollars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by firearcher: 9:28am On Feb 13
seborrhic:

Evolving to darkness.
The dimwit removed fuel subsidy without thought then devalued the Naira,based on his short sighted idea of those being the magic wand to set nigeria to an Eldorado.
But due to his devaluation of the Naira that has now gone into free fall as everyone that has some sense and is a good student of history knows,now they are back to paying subsidy through the backyard,so as to hide their dumbness and shame.
If you doubt subsidy is still being paid:in October last year landing cost of petrol with exchange rate of about ₦800/$ was ₦720.Then fuel was still sold at 650-670.
In 2024,dollar has been at least ₦1300,but petrol is still being sold @₦650.What magic formula are they using to keep fuel at ₦650 when naira has depreciated by about 60% since the known landing cost of 720 last year?
The formula is subsidy but they feel ashamed to admit so because babablu has now boxed himself to a dead end:truly remove the subsidy caused by further Naira free fall and see fuel sell for 1200-1300 or keep it and continue paying while lying that you are on tract on your pronouncements.

This is a different matter. What we are praying for now is for those refineries to start working. I believe that's what everyone want to see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Biodun556(m): 9:34am On Feb 13
Paraman:

NNPCL won't need to spend billions of dollars importing petrol, jet fuel, kerosene, diesel etc once the PH and Dangote refinery start selling. this will lead to the naira breathing some fresh air soon.

grin grin

I think dangote is being delayed so that port Harcourt refinery will hit market at the same time to prevent monopoly

I'm just guessing but truly,

the weeks is a stain on the news

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by uniquetechng: 9:35am On Feb 13
Paraman:
Dangote refinery won't be the only refinery operating in Nigeria. NNPCL will also be selling petrol and they won't be importing crude. If Dangote refinery petrol is more expensive than NNPCL petrol, marketers will only be buying from the NNPCL. Dangote refinery will have to sell to international customers and earn dollars.
NNPCL said last year that they might import crude from Venezuela as our crude has been sold in advance, guess you were not aware of that.

https://guardian.ng/news/kaduna-dangote-bua-refineries-may-source-crude-oil-from-abroad/
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Paraman: 9:36am On Feb 13
uniquetechng:
you didn't answer my question. How many barrels of oil will Dangote refinery be consuming compared to what Nigeria is producing?

He's not only importing crude from abroad, he's also buying in Nigeria. NNPCL will deliver 2 million literes of crude to him this month and deliver 4 million litres to him next month. He's getting 2 million barrels from the USA this month too.

NNPCL don't import crude at all, if prices of refined crude from Dangote is too much, Marketers will buy from NNPCL refineries alone which will be cheaper. And Dangote will export his refined crude and earn dollars for Nigeria
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Biodun556(m): 9:37am On Feb 13
matify83:
The last time, we were informed that it's the quality control regulators that are yet to clear the jet A1 fuel and diesel produced for delivery into the market .

Does it take eternity for a product to meet regulators specifications?

I think they want port Harcourt refinery to start at the same time with dangote

Just guessing

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Paraman: 9:39am On Feb 13
uniquetechng:
NNPCL said last year that they might import crude from Venezuela as our crude has been sold in advance, guess you were not aware of that.

https://guardian.ng/news/kaduna-dangote-bua-refineries-may-source-crude-oil-from-abroad/
They said "they might".

But they haven't.

https://punchng.com/shell-supplies-475000-barrels-of-crude-oil-to-pharcourt-refinery/?amp
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Salubata(m): 9:43am On Feb 13
Imagine this one.

Are you saying you know more than all the experts who has been supporting the move of the Presidency about the whole processes so far?

What's your experience about life.

Oga quiet
seborrhic:

Evolving to darkness.
The dimwit removed fuel subsidy without thought then devalued the Naira,based on his short sighted idea of those being the magic wand to set nigeria to an Eldorado.
But due to his devaluation of the Naira that has now gone into free fall as everyone that has some sense and is a good student of history knows,now they are back to paying subsidy through the backyard,so as to hide their dumbness and shame.
If you doubt subsidy is still being paid:in October last year landing cost of petrol with exchange rate of about ₦800/$ was ₦720.Then fuel was still sold at 650-670.
In 2024,dollar has been at least ₦1300,but petrol is still being sold @₦650.What magic formula are they using to keep fuel at ₦650 when naira has depreciated by about 60% since the known landing cost of 720 last year?
The formula is subsidy but they feel ashamed to admit so because babablu has now boxed himself to a dead end:truly remove the subsidy caused by further Naira free fall and see fuel sell for 1200-1300 or keep it and continue paying while lying that you are on tract on your pronouncements.
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by uniquetechng: 10:24am On Feb 13
Paraman:
They said "they might".

But they haven't.

https://punchng.com/shell-supplies-475000-barrels-of-crude-oil-to-pharcourt-refinery/?amp

Once government tells you they might means it's been concluded already, I have lived in Nigeria for close to 50 years to know how politicians run the country.
The only reason why they have been broadcasting it every week that our crude has been into the future is for you and I not to raise eyebrows when they eventually starts importing crude from Venezuela.
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Figger(m): 10:28am On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
please kindly check into the nearest psychiatrist hospital cos ur head needs to be examined, na tinubu build the refinery?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by uniquetechng: 10:32am On Feb 13
Paraman:
you didn't answer my question. How many barrels of oil will Dangote refinery be consuming compared to what Nigeria is producing?

He's not only importing crude from abroad, he's also buying in Nigeria. NNPCL will deliver 2 million literes of crude to him this month and deliver 4 million litres to him next month. He's getting 2 million barrels from the USA this month too.

NNPCL don't import crude at all, if prices of refined crude from Dangote is too much, Marketers will buy from NNPCL refineries alone which will be cheaper. And Dangote will export his refined crude and earn dollars for Nigeria
Dangote refinery is a 680bpd capacity refinery, which means they require estinated 4.8m barrels of crude weekly to run the refinery optimally.
Do your calculations again then come back to this your comment.

Like I said NNPCL and the FG has concluded plans already to import crude that's why they keep telling us daily that our crude has been sold into the future, that way nobody will complain when they eventually commence importing crude from Venezuela as they announced last year.

The only reason why many people don't know how bad the situation of the country is right now is simply because APC retained power and wouldn't want to put Buhari's administration under the bus as that might harm their chances of winning elections in future especially 2027.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by iyke2frankeze: 10:40am On Feb 13
One good news to hold body.
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by naijaboy756: 10:52am On Feb 13
newnigerdelta00:

Na owner dey pray make Nigeria nor better
na owner be the mumus and gullible
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by phemray(m): 10:53am On Feb 13
naijaboy756:
Within weeks

See see finish ooo

Anyway anyhow na dis year and we shall have positive effect on the economy sure, but my issue is this kidnapping locally coming down to the level of 100k 200k, Forest guard shld be established immediately as promised, with drones everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by ufotunang: 11:00am On Feb 13
kokoA:
Even pregnant woman no dey Tay deliver reach like dis.
...me I don tire for this Dangote matter.. since August 2023 we have 🐝 hearing this stories...I don tire

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by ufotunang: 11:01am On Feb 13
Nigerians are tired of too much stories and big grammar about this Dangote refinery... nigerians don tite
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by ufotunang: 11:02am On Feb 13
naijaboy756:
Within weeks

See see finish ooo
..abi .. within weeks can take up to 1 year sef
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by cezarman(m): 11:12am On Feb 13
Abeg Mr Seun, try to add laugh button just like the share, quote and like buttons please.
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Johnchrix(m): 11:21am On Feb 13
I can't remember the last time I heard people saying "I am BATIFIED" grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by DatNiggaDaz: 11:28am On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Ok

grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by blowjohn(m): 11:35am On Feb 13
Make una no sell us substandard fuel O.

Cos e noodles were substandard.

I dey fear for this dangote products o
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Midehi3(f): 11:48am On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Look at them, enjoy the looting while it last, nemesis is lurking
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by Raylight2(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13
Paraman:

Does the fuel they are talking about include petrol?
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by merits(m): 12:35pm On Feb 13
dre11:

Dangote Refinery is due to deliver its first fuel into the local market within weeks, four sources confirmed to Reuters, in a key milestone towards…

https://dailytrust.com/dangote-refinery-set-to-deliver-first-fuel-in-weeks/

Another scam
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by nonsoeloka: 12:35pm On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
am tired of internet people. Ok why this love now
Re: Dangote Refinery Set To Deliver First Fuel In Weeks by nonsoeloka: 12:38pm On Feb 13
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AirForce To Deploy Surveillance Helicopters To The North. PICS / NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio / Ayo Adebanjo: APC Paying Tinubu Back For Betraying Afenifere Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.