Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,005 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Hearing Problem, Financial Struggles And No Hope. Please Advise Him. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Hearing Problem, Financial Struggles And No Hope. Please Advise Him. (159 Views)

KONSS: The Answer To Your Struggles and Soaring Higher / Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hearing Problem, Financial Struggles And No Hope. Please Advise Him. by Opiosko: 1:50am On Feb 13
So a fellow came to seek my "wise counsel" but my own confusion is confused.

Here's the problem. A 40 something man with a wife and 3 children is struggling mainly due to being handicapped. (He's hard of hearing though not deaf)

He's otherwise an intelligent and hardworking man, but his hearing problem has limited or wiped out all his options in life.

He could only made a 3rd class in law, and was unable to go to the law schools which has reduced him to just hustle to survive.

He's a devote Christian, and thus can't go for ungodly gains.

Problem now is that he wants to borrow money from a loan app that's offering him #500k. He wants to borrow it and start something.

The fellow that came to me knew me as a "successful freelancer" hence he's "seeking my wise counsel"

Why I'm bringing this here is:
Although freelancing can be great, it's not guaranteed. I made a small fortune from it, but it was a lot of work and at the time when it was less saturated. My big break was ranking and selling Amazon affiliate programs sites. This will take about 2years and more if you really know what you are doing. And 500k even if it's your personal savings cannot do it with this our crazy Xchange rate.

I advised them not to borrow but he asked "what do I do, waste away like that"?
He's desperate, and it's understandable

I'm considering giving him 200k (he didn't ask for money) and telling him to go to his village and start some farming.

I want to see if anyone has a good idea to give as this is something new to me and it keeps flashing back in my mind.

I do really want to help, but I want it to count. Please, do you know anyone who's handicapped and how they succeeded?
Re: Hearing Problem, Financial Struggles And No Hope. Please Advise Him. by sunnymighty(m): 3:13am On Feb 13
Opiosko:
So a fellow came to seek my "wise counsel" but my own confusion is confused.

Here's the problem. A 40 something man with a wife and 3 children is struggling mainly due to being handicapped. (He's hard of hearing though not deaf)

He's otherwise an intelligent and hardworking man, but his hearing problem has limited or wiped out all his options in life.

He could only made a 3rd class in law, and was unable to go to the law schools which has reduced him to just hustle to survive.

He's a devote Christian, and thus can't go for ungodly gains.

Problem now is that he wants to borrow money from a loan app that's offering him #500k. He wants to borrow it and start something.

The fellow that came to me knew me as a "successful freelancer" hence he's "seeking my wise counsel"

Why I'm bringing this here is:
Although freelancing can be great, it's not guaranteed. I made a small fortune from it, but it was a lot of work and at the time when it was less saturated. My big break was ranking and selling Amazon affiliate programs sites. This will take about 2years and more if you really know what you are doing. And 500k even if it's your personal savings cannot do it with this our crazy Xchange rate.

I advised them not to borrow but he asked "what do I do, waste away like that"?
He's desperate, and it's understandable

I'm considering giving him 200k (he didn't ask for money) and telling him to go to his village and start some farming.

I want to see if anyone has a good idea to give as this is something new to me and it keeps flashing back in my mind.

I do really want to help, but I want it to count. Please, do you know anyone who's handicapped and how they succeeded?

Sure there are quite a good number of them and the fact that he is hard at hearing doesn't me he can't succeed in whatever he chooses to do. To start with I will suggest he learn the sign language because communication is very key. Allow him follow his dreams, you can go ahead with the 200k support bro.
Re: Hearing Problem, Financial Struggles And No Hope. Please Advise Him. by Opiosko: 8:29am On Feb 13
sunnymighty:

Sure there are quite a good number of them and the fact that he is hard at hearing doesn't me he can't succeed in whatever he chooses to do. To start with I will suggest he learn the sign language because communication is very key. Allow him follow his dreams, you can go ahead with the 200k support bro.
Thank you Sir. I will certainly help him with that 200k regardless of what he decides to do. It's a once and for all stuff, so I want to make it count.
Re: Hearing Problem, Financial Struggles And No Hope. Please Advise Him. by sunnymighty(m): 6:39pm On Feb 13
Opiosko:

Thank you Sir. I will certainly help him with that 200k regardless of what he decides to do. It's a once and for all stuff, so I want to make it count.

God bless you too sir, we rise by lifting others.

(1) (Reply)

To Them - "It's Impossible", To Us - "It's A Successful CAREER". / Remote Jobs In USA / What Are The Best Habits That Can Change My Life QUICKLY?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.