Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,298 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

AFCON: Our Tactics Cost Us The Final, We Played Too Deep - Omeruo - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Our Tactics Cost Us The Final, We Played Too Deep - Omeruo (15824 Views)

Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr / Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance / Kenneth Omeruo And Chioma Nnamani's Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: AFCON: Our Tactics Cost Us The Final, We Played Too Deep - Omeruo by Kennedyiheme02: 12:09am On Feb 14
geoworldedu:
If I am a coach, after I have scored one goal, that is when I will start serious attack, especially when I have a team like super eagles who have many attackers like Moffi, Osimhen, Simon Moses, Chukwueze, Lookman. Wetin I dey find again?
I remembered wolfsburg vs Real Madrid Champions league that year. Wolfsburg won Real Madrid 2-0 first leg. They played Real Madrid hands down in that game. Then second leg they went for defence. Quickly within 20 mins real Madrid knack them 2-0. The mumu still kept playing defence till it turned 3-2. Then after that, Wolfsburg began to play them like small pikin again, but they couldn't equalise. No be mumu be that?
If you can read games as a coach, you will end up being a great coach.

When Super Eagles game became 1-1, as a coach I will tell them to switch to attacking football immediately. How will they equalise me and I will still remain vulnerable by playing defensive style?
and thats the same reason mourinho keeps getting sacked.. always playing defensive.. when the other team has 70% possession, they will eventually score.. the way mancity beat teams is by attacking them.. Ivory Coast aren’t a good team.. peseiro make them look like prime barca by defending lol

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Our Tactics Cost Us The Final, We Played Too Deep - Omeruo by Kennedyiheme02: 12:11am On Feb 14
ogbumosquito1:
Exactly the point here. We have serious offensive players and we should have matched Ivory Coast skill for skill and power for power but rather,our coach's pattern on that day was very wrong. We were tactically deficient.
Ivory Coast are so terrible… we made them look so good lol
Re: AFCON: Our Tactics Cost Us The Final, We Played Too Deep - Omeruo by achimendy(m): 11:44am On Feb 14
TOPCRUISE:

Agreed they did not perform well in the final. Reason been they sat deep in the defense. But they deserve commendation from those who can't play but can mock others that are better than them. You guys said this team can't go far in this competition. Yet they braced themselves up and got to the final against all odds. After losing in the final you all started condemning them and cyberbullying them. That's not good.

Where did you see insulting or cyberbullying them?? For your information am a footballer too, and I know the game is not easy. But I do give constructive criticism which is very important for anybody that wants to grow. The pattern for the final was trash, and also aina, iwobi, and chukwueze need to work on themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rasheedat Ajibade Scores, Provides An Assist As Atletico Madrid Beats Bayern 2-0 / Today Is Rashidi Yekini's 60th Birthday / Cristiano Ronaldo Set To End Year As Top Scorer in world football For 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.