Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting (26222 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / 'I Prayed To God, Did Dry Fasting To Cast Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality / Is it encouraging to do dry Fasting, with the risk involve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by nsiadi: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ignorance & faith are different things
She had strong faith but knows little about importance of fluids
Many ppl perish due to lack of knowledge
Conception is not the only process of having children
Adoption is one sure way, the only obstacle to this is the high cost
But people shd understand that God has limit for everything
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by sarmy(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
lastpage:

@m-nwankwo
I cant help but quote this again, even though it is lengthy!
God bless you real mighty for the above.
I am sure you're NOT A PASTOR but your post reminds me of the Biblical saying that "Wisdom would be (is) found
IN THE MOUTH OD BABIES! (No Offense to your person).

I recall growing up, when l was told and read in the Bible that "a man cannot wear a woman's cloth".
So, in my naivety, l asked: WHAT EXACTLY IS A MAN"S CLOTH, knowing that my Mum's wrapper is a Ghananian man's cloth and her Skirt is a Scottish man's traditional apparel!
Well, l was given a long list of Buba and Sokoto!  grin grin
Curiously, l reasoned that God's Law are UNIVERSAL and ETERNAL without boundaries and as such,
the observed discrepancy in the interpretation given by our "men of God" is completely obtuse and inadequate!

Reading the post above and how it "broke things down into simple A-B-C", is marvelous.

How l wish Pastors can preach and reason like this?

I really appreciate you for that post.

Cheers.

Lastpage

BTW: Can you please elucidate on the Term "MIRACLE" as connoted in Christian worship. Thank you.

They know if they preach and reason like that people will be really free indeed
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by sarmy(m): 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2011

@m_mwakwo
Continuous abstinence will be dangerous because the weakening of the body will also result in weakened emanation from the body making it very possible for such a physical body to be subject to alien influences. In such a state it is very easy to be demonically influenced or be subject to possession by an alien disembodied spirit. Best Wishes.

You are right
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by cynthiafred67(f): 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
21 days? How did she survive 4 dat long without water? Anyway May her soul rest in peace
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by lastpage: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
If your dry fasting is going beyond 3 days, it is recommended that you brake with water daily, but if you have the strength you can start taking water from the 7th day.

In essence, no one should "Dry Fast" (without any form of liquid/solid food) for more than 3days?

Thus, what is all the hypocrisy about "Dry fasting" for TWENTY ONE DAYS when you are actually drinking water after the 3days? shocked
"Dry" should mean "grin-R-Y", no ingestion of any thing!

Why do we humans seek to "wow God" in ways he would not even demand of us?
Who are we impressing with our "21 Days Dry-fast"? God or fellow humans?

God that created us, KNOWS OUR LIMITATIONS as Humans and he knows that we cant be without any form of "ingestion", (be it liquid or solid food, be it through the mouth or by intravenous injection) for more than 3days!

GOD says EVEN BEFORE YOU SAY IT, I ALREADY KNOW!

Its like "The Widows Mite", its not how long you fast that matters, but how sincerely you do it and how pure your heart was, when you start it (Remember He asked us to go and forgive our enemies first, before praying to Him so that our prayers might not be hindered?)

Lets stop being like the Pharisees, who having done their deed in Public Knowledge, Have received their Reward there and then!
God will NEVER IMPOSE HIMSELF on ANYONE!

I pray that God will change the heart of our wicked and often times, ignorant Pastors so that they can stop dishing-out this kind of Un-Biblical instructions to the fold;
and may we the "Sheep" also stop being like the "literal Sheep" that do "follow-follow" to the Slaughter Slab!

Shey the Bible is there for everyone to read, abi?
But some would not Read it and want the Pastor to be their E-Reader! grin grin
I dey come wink

Lastpage
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by mnwankwo(m): 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2011
lastpage:

@m-nwankwo
I cant help but quote this again, even though it is lengthy!
God bless you real mighty for the above.
I am sure you're NOT A PASTOR but your post reminds me of the Biblical saying that "Wisdom would be (is) found
IN THE MOUTH OD BABIES! (No Offense to your person).

I recall growing up, when l was told and read in the Bible that "a man cannot wear a woman's cloth".
So, in my naivety, l asked: WHAT EXACTLY IS A MAN"S CLOTH, knowing that my Mum's wrapper is a Ghananian man's cloth and her Skirt is a Scottish man's traditional apparel!
Well, l was given a long list of Buba and Sokoto!  grin grin
Curiously, l reasoned that God's Law are UNIVERSAL and ETERNAL without boundaries and as such,
the observed discrepancy in the interpretation given by our "men of God" is completely obtuse and inadequate!

Reading the post above and how it "broke things down into simple A-B-C", is marvelous.

How l wish Pastors can preach and reason like this?
I really appreciate you for that post.

Cheers.

Lastpage

BTW: Can you please elucidate on the Term "MIRACLE" as connoted in Christian worship. Thank you.
Hi Lastpage. Thank you very much for your kind words and prayers. I address your question as follows. Worship of God involves the recognition and obedience to the will of God. He or she who lives according to the will of God practices genuine worship of God. Obedience to the will of God links such a person to God or to be more specific to the power of God. Such a link permits the spirit to sense in real time the "presence" of God. Such a living connection to God allows the spirit to sense to a minute degree, the omnipotence and omniscience of God. In the living experience of the "presence" of God, the spirit unfolds with the purest gratitude to God, the creator of all the worlds. Such is worship and if a spirit is permitted to experience this true worship, such a spirit is filled with indescribable inner joy that no earthly words can be able to convey. In addition, a spirit who practices true worship as I tried to describe above also receives invigoration from the power of God that gives the spirit the strength as well as the power to live only in the sense of the laws of God.

If we practice true worship of God, then all our intuition, motive, thought, imagination, words and action will be a reflection of the laws of God. In other-words all our activities will vibrate with love and purity. Worship is a living happening that should be an integral part of the spirit of a genuine believer in God. It is not something that should be separate from our inner being. Thus the notion that we worship God on special days of the week is erroneous in my view. For a spiritually free human being, every single second of our lives should be a manifestation of the worship of God. In our earthly work or profession, family life, leisure and in all things we should stand in worship. That simply means that whatever we do, we must act according to the will of God.

Now human beings can dedicate some time with other human beings to have a joint hour of worship. Such joint hours of worship is meant for a joint genuine worship of God. All things apart from God and communion with God must be eliminated. The focus of all participants in such solemn moments must be to gain connection with God and absorb of his power. Preaching, lectures, raising money for religious activities, etc are important but they have nothing to do with worship of God. Believers can do these other things at other times but it should not be merged with worship of God. He or she who desire to approach God in these joint hours of worship should free his spirit of all external consideration, then the spirit will have the mobility to draw of the power of God and truly partake in the joint worship of God.

Miracles are manifestations of the the laws of God or the will of God which men think are impossible but they observation that it happened is a proof that it is possible, and men only think it was impossible because of deficiency in understanding. All genuine miracles are manifestations of the laws of God. No miracle can happen outside the laws of God, thus it is impossible to annual the laws of God. Indeed miracles are fulfillment of the laws of God. It is ignorance of these laws of God that make people think that somethings are impossible yet they are possible. The same ignorance of the laws of God also make people mistakenly think that impossible things are possible. Anything that is impossible according to the laws of God remain impossible. Even God cannot annul his own laws because these laws came out of the omnipotence and omniscience of God and thus cannot be improved upon, changed or annulled. Maybe someday, I may deal in detail the mechanism that governs miraculous happenings. However one thing is clear, any genuine miracle has impeccable, verifiable evidence that it occurred. Thus a miracle that happened in the physical world must have physical evidence. A miracle that occurred in the non-physical planes must have a non-physical evidence. It is erroneous to claim non-material evidence for a material miracle or look for material evidence for an event that occurred in non-material planes. Thus for instance a material miracle like cure of cancer must leave verifiable material evidence. At the same time, if a claim that an angel visited Mr. X, it will be wrong to be asking for the physical picture or finger print of the angel. There are many other non-physical ways to investigate a non-physical event. I got to stop here. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
CHAI embarassed MAY her soul rest in peace, God hv mercy on her, its not easy to b barren. its painful undecided
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by boldking(m): 2:58am On Nov 13, 2011
no comment
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by gotizsata: 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2011
When you don't eat and die, you are stupid
When you don't eat and something "good" happens, it is a miracle
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by seyibrown(f): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2011
What a shame! RIP! I wouldn't embark on such! It is advisable to at least drink water. 21 days' dry fasting not a feat to achieve in one go, it takes practice with shorter days!
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Joagbaje(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^^^

You're right. It's good to take fasting gradually, before embarking on 21 days , one ought to have trained himself with 1 day, 3days , 1 week etc.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Image123(m): 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
Major point is that no one needs to fast for babies, not to mention learning a 21day fast.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Demainman1: 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2011
Me, I dey always chop belle full well well before I ask my Baba 'God' for anything and He always answers me. No need for 21 days fasting at all. If He no give me, it means say my Baba God know say i no need am grin
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by jumie(f): 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2011
She was on hunger strike and not fasting.

How could she have fasted for that long without breaking it at some point, even with water? ignorance!!!
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by gotizsata: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2011
when you fasting fails your fellow christians turn against you and bad mouth you, typical
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Rossikk(m): 3:09am On Nov 18, 2011
^^^You wrongly assume that her critics are christians. You do realise that a growing number of Nigerians born into christianity no longer consider themselves christian, or indeed attached to any religion? The internet especially, has helped open the eyes of many to the facts and history of these colonially-imposed religions. There's a LOT of information out there.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by missjane: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2011
Most people do not know that any fasting exceeding 3 days needs ur doctor's consent. Pastor has his role to play while the doctor has his, its possible the lady had a health condition before she went on that fast. besides i'm sure the others that observed the fast with her took water and honey.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by nwakaibeya1: 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Spiritual traders full in the house of God decieving the spiritually blind ignorant children of God while humanbeings following them are under heavy bondage and spiritual attacks and dont have peace and cannot sleep at night which is the commonest thing JESUSCHRIST promised and while still listening to airplane thirsty pastors&prophets and the worste is that the commonest thing JESUSCHRIST PROMISED WHICH IS PEACE is not made available to followers and they cant sleep at night,there is no peace?what a calamity and instead they have refused to yield unto the call that kingdom of God of justice has come,the light has come,the mantle and judgement has come upon the earth .we have spoken again to the whole world and who has ear let him hear what the spirits are saying and thats why we said Era of please be bornagain and altar call and weepng and sufering people in CHURCHES and giving them fastng and night vigil are over.rather the era now is give them the LIGHT and POWER to EMPOWER them and let them SEE and prophesy to themselves and be above all kinds or evil no matter the evil,that is the CHRIST authority of real JESUSCHRIST to his real followers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit / Bishop Oyedepo Cuts His 65th Birthday Cake With Wife / Men Kneel Down To Welcome Apostle Johnson Suleman In Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.