Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting (26221 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / 'I Prayed To God, Did Dry Fasting To Cast Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality / Is it encouraging to do dry Fasting, with the risk involve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by sylve11: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
this is serious. . .? sad cool
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by lagcity(m): 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
she wanted to pass on her genes, now she won't be able to. Religious mumu.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by eherbal(m): 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
David Blaine!
grin
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by TenKobo1: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
Instead of looking for a medical solution to her problem, this brain washed spiritual illiterate killed herself in the name of fasting. Wish others will learn from her ignorance.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by BoOOosHBoy: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2011
One life gone. Anyway RIP
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by member479760: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2011
We Africans count important to having a child and we are ready to pay heavy price for one even though that one might turn to serial killer. RIP
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by iotama22: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
ogaga25:

story so fake as the poster

I guess you are the fake one here. Mscheew!!! Have we not heard of more terrible cases than this before Abeg carry that your hypocritical ideology comot for here joor.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by vislabraye(m): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2011
Its unfortunate. When one is under so much pressure, he/she can do almost any thing. She shoudnt be called names, Lets try to empathize with her.
But 21 days dry is very serious Oh. I have done two and a half days and i know what i felt like.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by tlops(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2011
For it is written: "Be glad, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have no labor pains; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband." Gal4:27

Sing, O barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband," says the LORD.

You should learn to accept the things you cannot change. RIP.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by ektbear: 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2011
All this religiosity sef. . . undecided

Anyway, I thought fast = you get to eat at 5pm or whatever? Just no food from when you wake up in the morning until evening. But you can eat once it turns evening, no? You aren't supposed to starve yourself for 21 days.

Wtf was she doing?
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by EvilBrain1(m): 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2011
The pastor's involved should be charged with manslaughter. There is no justification for convincing someone to go without water for 21 days. This type of nonsense happens too often, pastors harming their people with their lies and tall tales. Its pretty much impossible for anyone to survive without water for up to 2 weeks so those crazy pastors who claim to have fasted for longer are all liers.

When I was much younger, I had the misfortune of being dragged along to a "deliverance programme" where I was expected to dry fast for 7 days. After 4 days I was too weak to stand, my eyes sunk deep into my skull, my heart was pounding in my chest, and I was constantly dizzy. When it became clear to me that I wasn't going to make it to day 7, I dragged myself to the bathroom and drank water from the tap. Then I went outside and downed 5 bags of pure water, and immediately felt much better. Whats funny is that everyone else cheated and drank water before the end but nobody said anything about it. A few people lasted longer that me, but by day 7, everybody looked healthier and stronger than they did on day 2. Suddenly someome who was barely standing the day before would suddenly recover his strenght and start dancing and shedding tears during praise and worship (dehydrated people don't shed tears). Nobody bothered to think about what would have happened to all of us if we had actually done what the pastors had told us.

None are so blind as those who refuse to see.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by bodejohn(m): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
Culture and religion are two of the deadly things that we always hold on to especially when we do in ignorance mixed with poverty. What was the husband of the woman in question doing while the wife was fasting or did he not know from elementary reproduction that it takes two to procreate? Same man would have sent the the woman packing if she had only girls like they are half children. It beats my imagination why someone will be killing the tissues and cells that was suppose to nurture the expected child with fasting. Culture has laid a very wrong foundation for our lives and religion is helping us to make even more wrong choices as we build.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Outstrip(f): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
Have a baby or die trying. May her sould rest in peace
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by jajad: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
Nature has taken its course. Now those genes (mental illness) cannot be passed on. Alleluia!  angry
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2011
Fasting is very good when it comes to spiritual growth even as am writting this letter now, i just finish 3days and 3 nite dry fasting. The reason she died was that she broke the rules of fasting and the rules is that after 5 days, she ought to be taking waters or fruit secondly when she wanted to break, she ought to have break with water after wish eat alot of fruit before eating strong food. The reason she died was because she break with strong food. Lack of information, all the same, she will go to heaven, RIP.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by J2011: 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2011
I am really so sorry about her situation. May god grant her favor in eternal glory only if she has Jesus as Lord
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by ndcide(m): 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
emotions aside, this story is NOT TOTALLY true. she may have gone on a fast, true. but that she died of the fast is false. coz you can not stay for 21 days without food and water. even the woman body no go gree am .
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by jidewin(m): 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2011
m_nwankwo:

The notion that we please God by self imposed renunciation like fasting and similar things is wrong in my perception. God wills that all his creations should bubble with life and supreme joy. Suffering is not the will of God and it is antithetical to the LOVE that is in God and that is GOD. God did not create or will suffering into his creations. In heaven, the spiritual kingdom of God where the will of God reigns, suffering is non-existent. Suffering is present only in material creations including our earth and suffering came into existence as a result of the misapplication of the power of God. Man or rather the spirit that is man has the ability to draw the power of God and use it. He can use the power of God to raise himself to luminous realms of pure joy or he can can apply the power to dig his own grave. The ascent to heaven or the decent to hell lies on how we use the power that God lent to us. Simply put, suffering is  a consequence of sin and sin is simply a misapplication of the power of God. The power of God can be likened to the power entrapped in the nucleus of an atom (crude analogy). The atomic power can be used to give millions electricity but it can also be used to produce nuclear bombs.

We suffer because of our own actions or inaction. Sin also encompasses our inability to to listen to the voice of our spirit. Many a suffering including natural disasters can be avoided if we listen to the several warnings that physically invincible servants of God impress on us. Most of us have become spiritual dense that even the severest warnings makes no impression in our day consciousness. In the course of our existence spanning several incarnations on earth and in other material planes, we have misapplied the power of God so much that the fruits of our seeds bring suffering and despair instead of radiant joy. Most people cannot see beyond the present earth-life, hence we ask such questions like "why does God allow bad things to happen to good people", why do some evil men proper? Why are children borne with hereditary diseases? Why is Africa so poor and plagued with HIV, malaria, etc? Why does God allow infectious diseases and cancers to torment his creatures? and many similar questions. It will take several books to answer these questions. The underlying point is that diseases, evil, suffering etc are simply a misapplication of the laws of God in different planes of material creations.

The laws of God are not a set of rules as many think but are the intrinsic properties that is inherent in any creature, specie, creation of God. There is nothing anybody can do to change or annul these intrinsic properties. What we can do is to understand them and use them for the purpose for which the creator designed them for. In this instance we will have a harmonious union of the radiations of God which can only result in joy, inner peace and supreme happiness. If the intrinsic properties of the powers of God are misapplied, the consequence is wrongful and destructive union of radiations that can only result in disease, suffering, evil, etc. If we eat, drink, act, talk and perceive according to the intentions of God, then suffering, diseases and evil will depart from us and this earth will then be a reflection of the spiritual kingdom of God. A healthy body does not need drugs, but an unhealthy body may require drugs to  forcibly restore it to health. In a similar vein, it is only a body that has become dense that occasionally requires fasting to restore balance. But the right endeavor should be not to allow the body to become dense in the first place. Eat and drink in moderation and only take from the table of God that which God imbued with the power to nourish our bodies. All excess with food and drink must be avoided. Even in a physical sense, if we eat and drink in moderation and nourish the body with the right mixture of food and drink, the body will become the way God designed it and many an illness will be averted. Fasting brings no spiritual benefit. It is just that in bodies that have become dense, abstinence from food for a short time will give some refinement to the body, permitting it to be more susceptible to the promptings of the spirit. Continuous abstinence will be dangerous because the weakening of the body  will also result in weakened emanation from the body making it very possible for such a physical body to be subject to alien influences. In such a state it is very easy to be demonically influenced or be subject to possession by an alien disembodied spirit. Best Wishes.
write sursum vestri mirabilius est certus
But I need ask you, who do you say Jesus is?
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2011
too bad embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2011
May her soul rest in peace.

MOST DARING
brace for hunger II
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by kelz88(f): 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2011
Sad news.
Very silly woman.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by johndavid1(m): 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2011
now na for grave she go get the pikin? i no sabi why some people no dey think sef angry angry angry angry
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by slap1(m): 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2011
kelz88:

Sad news.
Very silly woman.
Don't say that. You don't know how it was with her. Have you ever been childless?
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by eros(m): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2011
Hmmm!!!!
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by kelz88(f): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2011
slap1:

Don't say that. You don't how it was with her. Have you ever been childless?

The woman was silly, end of.
Even a child knows better than to go without food and water for that long.

She could have adopted. She would have been alive by now.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by kokoye(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2011
her reward is in heaven
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by freecocoa(f): 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2011
RIP
But I don't think there's anything that will make me consider fasting that long(God please don't allow such come my way)but does it mean he won't answer if someone just prays with a full stomach?
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by freecocoa(f): 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2011
RIP
But I don't think there's anything that will make me consider fasting that long(God please don't allow such come my way)but does it mean he won't answer if someone just prays with a full stomach?
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by kokoye(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
tlops:

For it is written: "Be glad, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have no labor pains; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband." Gal4:27

Sing, O barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband," says the LORD.

You should learn to accept the things you cannot change. RIP.

Seeing this for the first time . . really.

The African pentecostal church even makes it seem like there is no place for barren women in heaven

Thanks for posting this passage.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by deadie(m): 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2011
So she died after 21 days of dry fasting? Darwin's award to her. Good to have that DNA eliminated from the gene pool. Most Nigerians should be sterilized, especially the religious nut jobs. Wonder why Nigerians like breeding like animals in a country without hope. Keep breeding like dogs, soon Nigerian will turn to Somalia and start begging UN for food and little kids will be starving to their deaths. Keep breeding like animals.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Galaxy7: 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2011
If you like,fast from January to December but without holiness you irritate God the more.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by shollyboy2: 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
so sorry for the poor woman, but fasting is not a must.May her soul rest in perfect peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Stephanie Otobo’s Confession / Bishop Oyedepo Wins Exorcism Slap Suit / Bishop Oyedepo Cuts His 65th Birthday Cake With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.