Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session (133 Views)

Economic Hardship: Borno State Governor Declares One-Day Fasting And Prayer / Atiku Congratulates Fintiri, Declares One More Major Mandate To Reclaim / Anambra Declares Monday Prayer Session To Counter IPOB’s Sit-At-Home order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session by NLCreator: 3:35pm On Feb 16
Gov. Babagana Zulum has urged citizens of the state to fast and offer special prayers on Monday, as done in the past, for divine intervention over the current hardship caused by inflation.

Zulum, in his broadcast to the people of the state, implored traditional rulers, clerics, and citizens to observe a one-day voluntary fast on Monday for peace, prosperity, and the development of the state.

“I am deeply troubled by the recent hardships faced by our citizens, particularly the high cost of food items.

“I understand the burden that this places on families and individuals, and I want to assure you that we are taking decisive steps to alleviate this issue.

Our government is focusing on reviving agriculture in the state, intending to increase food production and reduce our reliance on food palliative.

“We are investing in modern farming techniques, providing support to local farmers, and creating incentives for agricultural innovation. By doing so, we hope to not only lower the cost of food items but also to create sustainable livelihoods for our people,” Zulum said.

He commended the Federal Government for its sustained support in the fight against insurgency and the development of our state.

The governor also expressed my gratitude to security forces and volunteers for the sacrifices they are making to safeguard lives in the state and create a peaceful society for prosperity and development.

He said that his administration was engaged with stakeholders, particularly those in the business of essential commodities that include all forms of grains and building materials, and had taken far-reaching decisions to mitigate the rising cost of the essential goods.

“In addition to our efforts in agriculture, we are also working on increasing the distribution of palliatives, especially for residents in Maiduguri Metropolitan and Jere.

“As your governor, I want to assure you that we will continue to improve healthcare service delivery, education, and water supply,” Zulum said.

He lamented the recent incidents of mines on major roads in the state, adding that those engaged in the dastardly attempt to sabotage the government would not succeed.

“I want to assure you that we are working tirelessly with security forces to rid our roads of these deadly devices and to ensure the safety of all those who travel within our state.

“I believe there are forces behind sabotaging the gains recorded so far. However, we are working to ensure the perpetrators are fished out and dealt with accordingly,” Zulum said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/economic-hardship-gov-zulum-declares-one-day-prayer-session/
Re: Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session by Ance4Liverpool: 3:41pm On Feb 16
Every time prayer as if manner is going to fall from heaven. why not tell your president to build obasanjo kind of farm in every state of nigeria and see food scarsty go forever.
Re: Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session by seborrhic: 3:45pm On Feb 16
grin cool
Dont know if this is the famed genesis or we are still in introduction, preamble or overview.
Re: Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session by gaby(m): 4:15pm On Feb 16
Clowns.
Re: Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:29pm On Feb 16
Do they also pray anytime they want to loot or rig elections?
Re: Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session by yang(m): 4:33pm On Feb 16
Instead of to distribute the money received from abuja that had been double of what it was last year due to exchange rate differences this man pocket the allocation, bribe some imam and Bishop and declare prayer

Meanwhile the people are suffering from poverty and lack of information

Black man has been using poverty and illiteracy as a tool for enslavement

APC is evil, na foolish people wey vote these evil people into power due to tribalism and religion , they turn around now and queue for visa to japa
Re: Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session by sterlingD(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16
Our country na wao
Re: Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session by BadMaster: 4:50pm On Feb 16
I use to take this man seriously until earlier this week, when he said some repentant Boko haram members were released because they swore by the Qur'an that they would never return to their old ways. What a joke. Even as a Muslim myself, that's the most ridiculous thing I have heard this year.
Re: Economic Hardship: Gov Zulum Declares One-day Prayer Session by vizboy(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16
They organize prayers while they steal frim behind.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Must Organize to Stop the Incitement of Hatred from Ghana YouTubers / Tinubu Should Resign And Apologize To Nigerians / Breaking News: FCT Minister’s Residence Gutted By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.