Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Political pressures cause of Abandoned, Inferior Road Projects - Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political pressures cause of Abandoned, Inferior Road Projects - Senate (6575 Views)

Security: Sanwo-Olu Gets List Of Abandoned Buildings, Set To Take Action. / Constituency Projects: Senate Move For Total Control Of Project Management / Federal Projects: Senate's Approval Of N488.7bn For States Raises Dust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Political pressures cause of Abandoned, Inferior Road Projects - Senate by casualobserver: 10:17am On Feb 17
insidelife22:
The elite doesn't care about the masses

Why should they? I have been hammering the point for the last few days that no one can care about you more than you care about yourself. You have to demonstrate that you care about yourself before I can pick up the baton to care for you otherwise any care I have for you and any effort I make on your behalf will be wasted.

Before you insult and abuse me think about what I just said. Can you help a drug addict or a gambler who is not ready to quit? Will you work for your money to be successful and see a poor man giving the little he has to pastors and give him money when he says he is hungry? The answer is no because you know where the money is going. When the masses show that they are sincere and genuine about changing their lot, then those who can help them will be forced to help them even if they don’t want to.

Nobody can care about you more than you care about yourself and you must demonstrate that you want to change your story if you want people to help you. If I want to change your life more than you do, then I will only waste my time, effort and resources.

I will give you another example, in other climes where the elites are responsible to the masses, it is the masses that donate to the campaign of the leaders, even if it is $1, £1 or N50, that is how you signal to the elites you are serious. However in Nigeria, the masses demand money, food etc to vote for the elite…you expect them to use their own money to pay you to vote for them…why then should they care about you? Have you given them any reason to care?

2 Likes

Re: Political pressures cause of Abandoned, Inferior Road Projects - Senate by omooba969(m): 11:08am On Feb 17
casualobserver:

Why should they? I have been hammering the point for the last few days that no one can care about you more than you care about yourself. You have to demonstrate that you care about yourself before I can pick up the baton to care for you otherwise any care I have for you and any effort I make on your behalf will be wasted.

Before you insult and abuse me think about what I just said. Can you help a drug addict or a gambler who is not ready to quit? Will you work for your money to be successful and see a poor man giving the little he has to pastors and give him money when he says he is hungry? The answer is no because you know where the money is going. When the masses show that they are sincere and genuine about changing their lot, then those who can help them will be forced to help them even if they don’t want to.

Nobody can care about you more than you care about yourself and you must demonstrate that you want to change your story if you want people to help you. If I want to change your life more than you do, then I will only waste my time, effort and resources.

I will give you another example, in other climes where the elites are responsible to the masses, it is the masses that donate to the campaign of the leaders, even if it is $1, £1 or N50, that is how you signal to the elites you are serious. However in Nigeria, the masses demand money, food etc to vote for the elite…you expect them to use their own money to pay you to vote for them…why then should they care about you? Have you given them any reason to care?

Nigerians are a special breed, they don't know any better. grin
Re: Political pressures cause of Abandoned, Inferior Road Projects - Senate by Originalsly: 11:26am On Feb 17
So why not try to recover the monies where nothing was done instead of giving excuses?
Re: Political pressures cause of Abandoned, Inferior Road Projects - Senate by Salowise: 11:53am On Feb 17
insidelife22:
The elite doesn't care about the masses
The elites were once masses, only them knew why they turned against the masses when they got to the top.
Re: Political pressures cause of Abandoned, Inferior Road Projects - Senate by VanuatuWycombe: 1:07pm On Feb 17
Let private investors build our roads and toll them.
Government May give them tax holiday first before rolling starts.
No Nigerian government has the money to build good roads that would be enough again forever. The era is gone. People are now co:rrupt than before.

Governments should just show foreign and local investors in roads the blueprints of road infrastructure they want.
Those investors should be mandated to have their stocks traded on our stock exchange. I can’t stress this less.

Let them do the same thing to road, water and rail transportation infrastructure and power.

It is private investors that have the fund to improve on our infrastructural needs not our clueless government and their civil servants.

Let Nigerians too enjoy before the trumpet is blown. Haba!
Re: Political pressures cause of Abandoned, Inferior Road Projects - Senate by Emman08: 2:44pm On Feb 17
Political pressures on INEC also helped many of them steal elections. Politicians are 90% of Nigeria's problems

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Not Contemplating Leaving LP, Forming New Party, Says Yunusa Tanko / Frequency Of Abductions In Nigerian Schools Alarming -UN / Pictures Of Yusuff Muhammed Bullet Riddled Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.