Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,903 members, 7,852,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:55 AM

Governor Eno pays Tribute to Late Ombo Isokariari, Felicitates Wife, Daba At 70 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Eno pays Tribute to Late Ombo Isokariari, Felicitates Wife, Daba At 70 (135 Views)

Akwa Ibom: Governor Eno Urges Appeal Court To Dismiss Bassey Akpan’s Case / Governor Eno Complains Of Being Distracted By Too Many Visits From Politicians / COVID-19: Abiola Ajimobi Dies At 70 - Independent.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Eno pays Tribute to Late Ombo Isokariari, Felicitates Wife, Daba At 70 by Browndiary(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18
Akwa Ibom State Governor, Pastor Umo Eno, has attributed his penchant for inclusiveness, integrity, thoroughness and efficiency in service delivery to his early interactions with the Isokariari family, as he felicitates Mrs Daba Isokariari at 70.

Mrs Isokariari is the widow of the founding Pastor of Port Harcourt-based
Overcomers Ministry of Believers Fellowship, a founding father and Trustee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and astute businessman, late Bishop Ombo Isokariari.

Governor Eno was speaking as a special guest at the 70th birthday celebration of Mrs Daba Isokariari held at the Aztech Arcum Event Centre in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

He described the Isokariari matriarch as a mother with a large heart, thanking God for her life and strength to sustain the legacies of her late husband, saying her early tutelage shaped his early life,public service and orientation.

"I'm from Akwa Ibom State but lived here for a better part of my life and I thank God for the exposure. That was my very first exposure to public service. Little did I know that God was preparing me for a day like this.

"So coming back here is a home coming and an opportunity to say to Mummy, thank you so much. Thank you for your large heart. Thank you for bringing all of us together and making us your children. I want to assure you that we will continue to stand by you and support you," he stated.

Recalling his upbringing under the watchful eyes of late Bishop Isokariari who then served successive federal governments and the people in various capacities, Governor Eno said his presence at the event was in appreciation of the values inculcated in him and the kindness he received in the process.

He said the late Isokariari was his first teacher on inclusiveness, integrity, result-oriented public service and thoroughness before his political godfather and immediate past governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr Udom Emmanuel, while his wife, Daba, demonstrated unfettered love and kindness towards him.

"Daddy and mummy led us well with integrity. They taught us the principle of inclusiveness as well as strive for excellence how you can always do things and conclude things thoroughly. We learnt that in every assignment given, you'll always come back and brief Daddy about it. He was the first man that taught me that you don't give excuses but you bring results.

"The second man that thought me this is my political godfather, Deacon Udom Gabriel Emmanuel. They will tell you don't talk about efforts, but report results, then you can talk about the efforts that you put into bringing about the results. With that, it's easier to get approvals," he emphasized.

Governor Eno attended the birthday celebration with a State delegation comprising Secretary to the State Government , Prince Enobong Uwah, Some State Executive Council members, CEO, HENSEK Integrated Services, Engr. Uwem Okoko, among others .

Media Unit
Government House, Uyo
18/2/24
#NewMedia4UmoEno

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrests Ulagu Philemon Chukwuma Over The Abduction His Boss Son / Julius Abure Disassociate Lp Leadership From Clement, Akpata & Oluchi Primaries / Labour Party Is Unwilling To Conduct Primary In Edo - Olumide Akpat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.