Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling (7473 Views)

FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Unveiling Nigeria’s Richest Players And How Much They Earn / Unveiling Super Eagles Star, Onazi Ogenyi’s Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Vicrobor(m): 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2011
Former Super Eagles' head coach, Samson Siasia made a shock appearance at the unveiling ceremony of his successor, Stephen Keshi in Abuja on Thursday.

Siasia, who was sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for failing to lead the Super Eagles to the 2012 Afcon, walked into the media centre of the National Stadium, Abuja - venue of the unveiling ceremony at about 1.55pm local time.

His appearance raised a few eyebrows while others simply applauded as he walked up to Keshi on the podium and embraced him in an emotional atmosphere.

And in a dramatic manner, Siasia handed over an all-green coloured Super Eagles' jersey to Keshi with number four inscribed behind it.

It would be recalled that Keshi wore the jersey number four during his more than 10-year reign as a defender and later captain of the Nigerian men's national team.

The gesture of the former Nigerian Under20 coach drew more applause from those gathered inside the media centre of the Abuja stadium, as he stole the show.
-SuperSport.com
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Vicrobor(m): 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2011
This is Africa!!!
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by richidinho(m): 9:37am On Nov 11, 2011
maturity over worry am
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Kx: 9:40am On Nov 11, 2011
His honesty was real, but is his intention real?

I thought Lawal, Okocha and co are members of the technical team.
Is siaone boldly saying this guys were among the tech committee that plotted his failure? shocked shocked

Brave move all the same, highly commendable.
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Joey82(m): 9:42am On Nov 11, 2011
to be honest, i'm over tripped by his display of maturity, its always about the spirit of sportsmanship after all.
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by KKEZ: 9:57am On Nov 11, 2011
the guy get sense no be small. the guy  know say the cane wey dem take beat iyawo them keep for iyale. So his embrace is simply saying: MY GUY WELCOME TO THE CLUB
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Damysa(f): 10:14am On Nov 11, 2011
This is what I call maturity in the highest order. How many people in his shoes would have done this?
Siaone you are simply too much
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:15am On Nov 11, 2011
ok nah grin
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by richidinho(m): 10:21am On Nov 11, 2011
SIAone

Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by docjuli(m): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2011
Why do Nigerians like saying things twice e.g

siasia, jayjay, holiholi, magomago, moimoi, chinchin, kulikuli, puffpuff, yanmayanma,  mumu, borrowborrow , crycry, copycopy, jedijedi, sharpsharp, wakawaka, followfollow, lafflaff, potopoto, kabukabu, gbomogbomo; fearfear, touchtouch, yoriyori, jagajaga, lielie, lailai; wuruwuru, talktalk,yahooyahoo.
just joking. Have a lovely week and enjoy this beautiful day (11/11/11).
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by reubeno(m): 10:35am On Nov 11, 2011
SIAONE is my man anytime any day at least him display sportsmanship character dere
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by ochukoccna: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2011
Good move by Sia1.
Showed his sportsmanship
Heard he is the 1st 9ja coach to show up at the unveiling of his replacement.
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Yinkay: 10:41am On Nov 11, 2011
Keshi na baba for them all afterall
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Ifemyke: 10:49am On Nov 11, 2011
This is good news. I hope he would be prepared to offer Keshi advise anytime he is called.
Meanwhile ,Chelsea's record £50m signing Fernando Torres has admitted it has been more difficult for him to adapt to life in London than it was when he joined Liverpool, which he describes as "a more comfortable place" Read more on www.footballfile.com
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by cuteprinz(m): 10:51am On Nov 11, 2011
Great. @docjuli, lol
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by saydfact(m): 10:53am On Nov 11, 2011
HE HAS SHOWN MATURITY, its as simple as that., i wonder Y sm posters are just , (no further comment)

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by beninman1(m): 10:53am On Nov 11, 2011
, Because these things are so good and we just have to name them TWICE. lol lol

docjuli:

Why do Nigerians like saying things twice e.g

siasia, jayjay, holiholi, magomago, moimoi, chinchin, kulikuli, puffpuff, yanmayanma,  mumu, borrowborrow , crycry, copycopy, jedijedi, sharpsharp, wakawaka, followfollow, lafflaff, potopoto, kabukabu, gbomogbomo; fearfear, touchtouch, yoriyori, jagajaga, lielie, lailai; wuruwuru, talktalk.
just joking. Have a lovely week and enjoy this beautiful day (11/11/11).
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by peleson: 10:55am On Nov 11, 2011
SiaOne, One love bro
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by omo9ja1(m): 11:02am On Nov 11, 2011
cool move smiley
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by highland(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2011
Keshi should also be prepare to go soon.
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by sweetgala(m): 11:10am On Nov 11, 2011
Good move by siasia, the guy tried to instill discipline into a lackluster naija team and he suffered for it.
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by nnaboo(f): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2011
Commendable!
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Easyhaque35: 11:23am On Nov 11, 2011
Siasia is a good man.
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by ideylaff: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2011
Well done Sia, that's what's expected, Good move that deserves a mention. smiley
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by BoOOosHBoy: 11:38am On Nov 11, 2011
Confirm guy
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by ortopazz(m): 11:44am On Nov 11, 2011
its all for the media my friends, no be lyk i wan argue with anybody o!!!!!!!! if you watched last episode of soccer africa where siasia was accusing mamadou gaye of being a drunk and should stop using soccer africa as a beer parlour how would u nw classify that particular behaviour?
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by andyanders: 11:51am On Nov 11, 2011
Very good sense of reasoning by Siasia. Our leaders should start learning from things like this. Politicians should learn to conceed to defeat. If you are removed, look forward to a better tomorrow than going for war. It is a leason.
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by Ojeyi09(m): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2011
r uu sure dis guy doesnt av any oda intentions, but tz good though, thumbs up siasia
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by executinal(m): 11:59am On Nov 11, 2011
Great move, Keshi will carry you along. One love cheesy
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by drgeorge1(m): 12:09pm On Nov 11, 2011
hmm, Methinks he is kinda realising dat he was getting it all wrong when he sued his former employer, Guess he wna clean up his path so as to appear favorable weneva any oda 'awuf' money cums by, This is naija, Sia-wise!!!
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by silibaba: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2011
MATURITY smiley
Re: Siasia Appears At Keshi's Unveiling by nolongtin(m): 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
For the records its a way to say thanks for making me who i am,steven keshi got him and peter rufai their first club in belgium lokeren,he was their captain(9ja) and agent roled into 1.samson siasia should not have even bothered competing with keshi in the first place,you dont compete with the finger that feed you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today's Sure Bet9ja Booking Code By Skyporediction / Sergio Ramos Reveals Reason For Celebrating UCL Victory With Nigerian Flag / Super Falcons Vs France (0 - 1) On Sunday 26th June @ 2pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.