Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? (10036 Views)

How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During The Job Interview? / Lady Goes Missing During Job Interview In Akwa Ibom (photos) / 5 Ways To Stay Positive During Job Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by IyaTola: 7:52am On Feb 20
“How did you know you weren't going to get the job during your job interview”

Let's 😂 a bit

Here's mine
The interview asked, "why should we give you the job?"
And I said, "Will you do the job yourself"

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Oyindamolah: 10:18am On Feb 20
Let me wait to read comments and grin

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Rubyjade: 11:21am On Feb 20
I was asked what value I would add at an interview many years ago
I told them I had fix the chair at the reception because it was squeaky when I sat on it.

They never called me back.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Meerahbel: 12:33pm On Feb 20
As I was leaving the interviewer said, " hope it's not only here you submitted your CV"

A memorable one was in early 2000's for a senior job. Actually, I just assumed work two days in a company while this job interview invite came a day after my assumption of duties.

So ,I had to give excuse to come late for work so that I can attend the invite It was the chairman of the company that interviewed about twelve of us being first and the final. He only asked me what was our annual turnover which I said, he asked again if it was monthly or yearly, I said yearly, he smiled and sipped his juice. He came again asking me which type of official vehicle I was given. I mentioned it, he asked if it has AC, I said no. He smiled again.
The one that finished everything was my current salary then. I told him. He smiled again. His PA, Secretary and wife were there. He then asked for my expected salary which sounds very low and poor to him. I knew from there that I have lost the job. He directed his PA to give me 4k for transport and promised to get back to me .

Moral of the story sometimes you need to hype yourself o. When I left, I was telling myself, babe you for don give them lamba nah, but that is not in me. I jejely resumed to my new job

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by inoki247: 2:13pm On Feb 20
Lol na Twitter you people dey go bring all this questions shocked shocked

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by slaawomirr: 2:14pm On Feb 20
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to read comments

Ain't no niggar of job seeking

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by englishmart(m): 2:14pm On Feb 20
They asked if I could work under pressure.
I told them to go and ask their grandfather.

They said they will get back to me. I'm tired of waiting

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Orire01(m): 2:14pm On Feb 20
LOl.... One of the Interviewer laughed when i told them i stay somewhere in Mainland.

They eventually got back with the offer but i rejected on stay location ground though.

My siggy is SHINNING
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by owolabi5: 2:14pm On Feb 20
grin
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Chijeep(m): 2:15pm On Feb 20
The moment I sighted the picture of Tinubu behind the interviewer... grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by MrOkenwa(m): 2:15pm On Feb 20
I was informed there and then.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by PussyOdour(m): 2:16pm On Feb 20
shocked

When the interviewer smiles at me sheepishly..I knew she already felt in love with me and she'll do anything within her power to get me the job.

And yes, I did get the job, but not just the office job, also the bedroom job. I have been f*cking this milf pussy every damn day of my life and I am tired, though my pay is good and I am also getting paid for sucking and perusing her pussy. She's talking of marriage everyday now , but I know it can never be me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:16pm On Feb 20
I couldn't resist the cologne of the lady among the interviewers, I simply asked for the name after I told her she smells good...

The man besides her looked at me sternly. I just knew I will hear the word '... we will get back to you..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Darkandhandsom(m): 2:17pm On Feb 20
Can't relate. I always get called back

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by badoh(m): 2:17pm On Feb 20
It depends. In some interviews, you might think you did not perform to expectations and they will eventually give you the job while in some instances, you'd think you performed beyond expectations and the interviewers were marvelled at your submissions but las-las, they won't call you back.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Kurumaru: 2:17pm On Feb 20
The Interviewer looking at my shirt in admiration then he asked what perfume I was wearing... at that point I knew it
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Johnsonibx(m): 2:18pm On Feb 20
Space booked grin grin grin. Let me go and greet Tinubu first grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by tunjijones(m): 2:18pm On Feb 20
When they asked me what is my salary expectations and I said N800,000. The interviewers all looked at themselves. One of them now asked me how much I earn currently in my present work place, I now told them I earn 590k and all of them burst into laugh...

Me sef follow them laf....

Is like the managing director salary sef no reach 400k

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by ATEAMS: 2:18pm On Feb 20
If I stammer
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Ekakamba: 2:18pm On Feb 20

When their pay/package for the vacant position is less than what me earn with my current employer. grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Pistolx(m): 2:18pm On Feb 20
The guys doing the interview where very bored and began asking me personal questions like do I have a gf, do I smoke and drink, do I play football, do we have fine babes in my locality, I knew the guys where not serious just catching cruise

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by compu(m): 2:18pm On Feb 20
The interviewer cut the line off, immediately and the HR lied that they went on break...it was virtual....I knew already grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by ibawon(m): 2:18pm On Feb 20
[quote author=IyaTola post=128546431][/quote]
Came across a similar thread on Reddit
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Houseofglam7(f): 2:20pm On Feb 20
😫😫😫😫😫🤲🏼🤲🏼🤲🏼🤲🏼🤲🏼
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Stevenson20: 2:21pm On Feb 20
Una still dey look for white collar job in this corntree

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Jewessgratitud3: 2:21pm On Feb 20
A school called me for part-time services. I told the woman to let me go round the classes to know the population. Omor them many like bees and the classes were crowded. So when we got talking and bargaining, I told her madam look I don't like taking schools with so much population that if I will take it she'll have to pay times two of what others are paying. The moment I said I don't like populated schools I knew I had bleeped up because it's more like saying I don't want their growth. I didn't know how to take back my words so I just let it be. She didn't call me and me too I didn't bother. Dem too manty abeg.

Another one was when I went to a school to discuss with the proprietress and she agreed she was going to buy books from me. Later she didn't call again. She now called after the term and said I should come and take them without text books. I told her see, I don't want problems cos this one you're already going back and forth I won't want to hear stories when it's time to pay me my money. She said what do I mean by that and me I ignored her because I already knew that statement will make her not to call me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by lorenzobanks(m): 2:22pm On Feb 20
I was interviewed by two people. It was an higher institution job. One of the interviewer was a white man who was the VC and the second person was a Nigerian. Immediately, I connected to the interview via zoom, the Nigerians complained that the cloth I wore was not appropriate ( I was putting on a polo round neck shirt). The white man had no issue with my dress rather was asking me technical questions. He was enjoying the interview and was impressed. But I noticed that the Nigerian was not impressed with my interview and only asked my few questions even as the white man was urging him to ask me more questions. I later google the ownership of the institute found out that he is a Nigerian. Omo, I knew that that Nigerian is more influencer and that job is not mine.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by armadeo(m): 2:22pm On Feb 20
Meerahbel:
As I was leaving the interviewer said, " hope it's not only here you submitted your CV"

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by samwillyco1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 20
When they told me I am bigger than the job

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:24pm On Feb 20
Nice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by 89green: 2:25pm On Feb 20
Meerahbel:

Wahala grin

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancies At Shalom Science And Technology Academy (SSTAC) Enugu. / I've Just Gotten A Job With Globacom / Andersen Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.