Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? (10074 Views)

How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During The Job Interview? / Lady Goes Missing During Job Interview In Akwa Ibom (photos) / 5 Ways To Stay Positive During Job Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Omotaday(m): 2:27pm On Feb 20
Told me thanks for applying

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Spartachizzy: 2:32pm On Feb 20
The moment the interviewer asked me How Many are u in your family and i said 9boys and 1girl PLUS my mum and dad that's 12 and he said ok, i will get back to you, Till today no shigbang
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Mayflowa(m): 2:32pm On Feb 20
Akwamkpuruamu:
I couldn't resist the cologne of the lady among the interviewers, I simply asked for the name after I told her she smells good...

The man besides her looked at me sternly. I just knew I will hear the word '... we will get back to you..

That’s harassment! How could you? In a professional setting, men cannot compliment a lady but ladies can compliment guys
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by blackgold2018(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20
Pistolx:
The guys doing the interview where very bored and began asking me personal questions like do I have a gf, do I smoke and drink, do I play football, do we have fine babes in my locality, I knew the guys where not serious just catching cruise
they were so cruel.

Some beings can be cruel. I have been in those situations too.
But presently I need a bolt driver. So one came to my place for the job, even dou i didn't like his looks and not giving him the job. I still gave him transport fare to aid himself back home.
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:37pm On Feb 20
Mayflowa:

That’s harassment! How could you? In a professional setting, men cannot compliment a lady but ladies can compliment guys

Says who
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Seagodess(f): 2:38pm On Feb 20
inoki247:
Lol na Twitter you people dey go bring all this questions shocked shocked
nairaland modes no dey creative again. No mind dem
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Skillsnigeria: 2:42pm On Feb 20
Hmmm
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Natbrowny: 2:45pm On Feb 20
inoki247:
Lol na Twitter you people dey go bring all this questions shocked shocked

D questions dey get sweet answers here.

For ontop X. U go see 700 comments and 10 actually relates to the gist. The rest na annoying adverts taking up spaces and boiz n gals telling u to follow back, tagging burna boy and Elon musk in the process

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by samwillyco1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 20
When they told me I am bigger than the job. One of them told me that I am more qualified than the Manager.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by eazye4u133(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20
tunjijones:
When they asked me what is my salary expectations and I said N800,000. The interviewers all looked at themselves. One of them now asked me how much I earn currently in my present work place, I now told them I earn 590k and all of them burst into laugh...

Me sef follow them laf....

Is like the managing director salary sef no reach 400k

This cracked me up lmao, you gave them a shocker grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Meerahbel: 3:19pm On Feb 20
wink
badoh:
It depends. In some interviews, you might think you did not perform to expectations and they will eventually give you the job while in some instances, you'd think you performed beyond expectations and the interviewers were marvelled at your submissions but las-las, they won't call you back.
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Zetty177x: 3:26pm On Feb 20
When the interviewer go look you up and down..them nor de tell person. E de eyes.
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by sukkot: 3:39pm On Feb 20
Oh I practice natural healing. Any internal afflictions I eat raw garlic. So I think I ate the raw garlic a few hours earlier and the smell had gone. Went for the interview in an enclosed room and as I sat down I was overpowered by the smell of garlic. That’s when I knew I was in trouble. I saw the interviewers looking at each other and asking what is that smell. They had to go open the window. That’s how I knew they wouldn’t call me back. Still waiting for the call 10 plus years later

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by ayandee: 3:50pm On Feb 20
When the interviewer asked "you are from what state?" After I told him, he then said "oh, but you look Igbo. We will get back to you". That question was completely off-topic and that was the end of the interview. AMCON 2010.

This is not to discredit any tribe or ethnicity. Tribalism and nepotism pervade our institutions and It's not peculiar to any tribe.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by drimzsmoke(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20
[quote author=IyaTola post=128546431][/quote]

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
My own was in 2009 at UNAAB, the very 1st interview that was conducted in the school. I've been given admission then but somehow they introduced interview.
On the morning of the admission, I was high to stupor, because of the people I was living with then, I went on a round neck and palm slippers. When 1 of the seniors of the school saw me while trying to arrange us in one room. He shouted, "what are you wearing"
The guy got a pair of shoes and a jacket for me to wear on top my polo. On getting to the room, me that was drunk, they asked for my state of origin, I mentioned a state different from the one I had on my documents. I can never forget thay interview in my life🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Vulcanheph(m): 3:55pm On Feb 20
badoh:
It depends. In some interviews, you might think you did not perform to expectations and they will eventually give you the job while in some instances, you'd think you performed beyond expectations and the interviewers were marvelled at your submissions but las-las, they won't call you back.
So far... This is the most realistic comment on this thread.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by dopedan(m): 3:59pm On Feb 20
The manager saw my cv, removed his glasses and started laughing, I followed him to laugh, laughing outside but crying inside, till today I have not gotten feedback

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by drimzsmoke(m): 4:01pm On Feb 20
[quote author=IyaTola post=128546431][/quote]

Another one
This happened in Med school, it was a clinical exam(but like an interview in some sense)

It was a paediatrics exam. My first station in the exam, it was a child with diabetes that I saw, after asking the mother of the child all the question I thought I was supposed to ask. When I got to the next station(post encounter station) and I started seeing, "how does the mother store the insulin". I knew I don already fail the exams!!!

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by CheedyJ(m): 4:34pm On Feb 20
tunjijones:
When they asked me what is my salary expectations and I said N800,000. The interviewers all looked at themselves. One of them now asked me how much I earn currently in my present work place, I now told them I earn 590k and all of them burst into laugh...

Hahaha. U wan run d company into bankruptcy, lol
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Pipefitter: 4:45pm On Feb 20
I will apply for one soon just for laughs
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by efemena5050(m): 4:46pm On Feb 20
PussyOdour:
shocked

When the interviewer smiles at me sheepishly..I knew she already felt in love with me and she'll do anything within her power to get me the job.

And yes, I did get the job, but not just the office job, also the bedroom job. I have been f*cking this milf pussy every damn day of my life and I am tired, though my pay is good and I am also getting paid for sucking and perusing her pussy. She's talking of marriage everyday now , but I know it can never be me.

tales by moonlight.....

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Haaland21: 5:23pm On Feb 20
Meerahbel:
As I was leaving the interviewer said, " hope it's not only here you submitted your CV"

A memorable one was in early 2000's for a senior job. Actually, I just assumed work two days in a company while this job interview invite came a day after my assumption of duties.

So ,I had to give excuse to come late for work so that I can attend the invite It was the chairman of the company that interviewed about twelve of us being first and the final. He only asked me what was our annual turnover which I said, he asked again if it was monthly or yearly, I said yearly, he smiled and sipped his juice. He came again asking me which type of official vehicle I was given. I mentioned it, he asked if it has AC, I said no. He smiled again.
The one that finished everything was my current salary then. I told him. He smiled again. His PA, Secretary and wife were there. He then asked for my expected salary which sounds very low and poor to him. I knew from there that I have lost the job. He directed his PA to give me 4k for transport and promised to get back to me .

Moral of the story sometimes you need to hype yourself o. When I left, I was telling myself, babe you for don give them lamba nah, but that is not in me. I jejely resumed to my new job

Oh....u could have learned small lamba from that third class man who claimed he won , but his lawyers could not prove it....

third to 1st.....

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by anthropizzy(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20
badoh:

God bless you. You are damn on point

Such recently happened to me.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by anthropizzy(m): 6:03pm On Feb 20
Jewessgratitud3:
A school called me for part-time services. I told the woman to let me go round the classes to know the population. Omor them many like bees and the classes were crowded. So when we got talking and bargaining, I told her madam look I don't like taking schools with so much population that if I will take it she'll have to pay times two of what others are paying. The moment I said I don't like populated schools I knew I had bleeped up because it's more like saying I don't want their growth. I didn't know how to take back my words so I just let it be. She didn't call me and me too I didn't bother. Dem too manty abeg.

Another one was when I went to a school to discuss with the proprietress and she agreed she was going to buy books from me. Later she didn't call again. She now called after the term and said I should come and take them without text books. I told her see, I don't want problems cos this one you're already going back and forth I won't want to hear stories when it's time to pay me my money. She said what do I mean by that and me I ignored her because I already knew that statement will make her not to call me.

I like you. You know your worth

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Ubdavis(m): 8:00pm On Feb 20
The moment I saw the interviewers hobnobbing with one of the candidates..

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Obainoman6: 9:07pm On Feb 20
PussyOdour:
shocked

When the interviewer smiles at me sheepishly..I knew she already felt in love with me and she'll do anything within her power to get me the job.

And yes, I did get the job, but not just the office job, also the bedroom job. I have been f*cking this milf pussy every damn day of my life and I am tired, though my pay is good and I am also getting paid for sucking and perusing her pussy. She's talking of marriage everyday now , but I know it can never be me.

Instead of you to use Imagination for better thing

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Obainoman6: 9:09pm On Feb 20
Pistolx:
The guys doing the interview where very bored and began asking me personal questions like do I have a gf, do I smoke and drink, do I play football, do we have fine babes in my locality, I knew the guys where not serious just catching cruise

Wahala
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by thecommunist(m): 10:56pm On Feb 20
I resigned as a technical operator with immediate effect in 2014 because my line manager and team lead were jointly making my life difficult.

HR director called me to know why and I bluntly told him that it was the line manager and my team lead were frustrating me, I later heard

from my friend that still work there that the line manager got a query because of me.

fast forward to 2017, I applied as an Engineer to the same company and I was shortlist for the interview.

I entered the interview and behold, my former line manager was in the panel that would interview me.

the guy just started smiling...it was at that point that I knew that : "Otilo!"

I too just started smiling a very wicked smile and did not even put in any effort because I know that the wicked guy will fail me.

and of course I was not called back.

thank God that God has lifted me far above all of them. I am grateful for the grace of God.

OMO, THOSE YEARS WERE TOUGH!

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Zhunnurayn(m): 11:56pm On Feb 20
dopedan:
The manager saw my cv, removed his glasses and started laughing, I followed him to laugh, laughing outside but crying inside, till today I have not gotten feedback

grin grin this really cracked me up, how did you structured your CV that made him laugh grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by Rubyjade: 5:33am On Feb 21
grin
Ubdavis:
The moment I saw the interviewers hobnobbing with one of the candidates..
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by MikaelDare(m): 10:09am On Feb 21
The interviewer said "Why do you want this job since it's below your level".
I just knew it's unlikely I'll get it cos such statements are used when they are not willing to pay the expected salary range for such experience.
Re: How Did You Know You Weren't Going To Get The Job During Job Interview? by TechCapon(m): 12:50pm On Feb 21
tunjijones:

salary expectation you should have told them one million but negotiable. If they can't afford it then they don't deserve your services

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Is Recruiting Graduates / Pls Who Got Dis CBT Invite From Etisalat / Most Recent Interdisciplinary Vacancies- You Must Check This Out Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.