Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman (35150 Views)

Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / JAC Strike:OAU NASU Chairman Docked Over Assault Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by occfx: 1:31pm On Feb 21
phorget:
Cooked up story!
So what exactly was the woman doing in the lions den?

She wants to call lions for her boyfriend who broke her heart.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Amotolongbo(f): 1:37pm On Feb 21
joefelin2345:
You are free to add your own part to the report since you seem to know the Zoo more than people working there. Thank God, the deceased is not from another tribe otherwise another sets of conspiracy theories could have been flying around. May the dead RIP & may the Almighty God console those that he left behind.
gibberish
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Wallade(m): 1:44pm On Feb 21
Thabothabo101:

It's you who should be shutting up. The commenter said the right thing. Why would you be in a lion’s cage and not expect to be injured or killed? It's a wild animal, not a pet.

We're you there?

So when a lion kills a human, accidentally or deliberately due to the human error or mistake, they should not eliminate the lion?

They should excuse the lion and allow it to live?

Killing such lion is an acceptable practice every where around the world.

2 Likes

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by stasius: 1:46pm On Feb 21
All these rubbish story sef.

How did the woman enter the den?
Is there no precaution they normally take to avoid direct confrontation with these dangerous animals knowing that they are dangerous?

It is just like going into a brood of vipers and expect to come out unharmed and fine.
I think that woman wanted to commit suicide and the man was unfortunate to be there.

Also, I thought they usually have sedatives on standby for occasions like this. If the animal confronts a victim inadvertently it should be sedated immediately with a sedation gun.

There is a lot of negligence on the part of the Zoo management and it has cost them lives! This is Nigeria. Terrible.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Wallade(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21
stasius:
All these rubbish story sef.

How did the woman enter the den?
Is there no precaution they normally take to avoid direct confrontation with these dangerous animals knowing that they are dangerous?

It is just like going into a brood of vipers and expect to come out unharmed and fine.
I think that woman wanted to commit suicide and the man was unfortunate to be there.

Also, I thought they usually have sedatives on standby for occasions like this. If the animal confronts a victim inadvertently it should be sedated immediately with a sedation gun.

There is a lot of negligence on the part of the Zoo management and it has cost them lives! This is Nigeria. Terrible.

Your analysis are spot on:

How did a female staff get in direct contact with the 9 year old lion?

Why did the man have to intervene without protective gears?

What is the safety procedures of approaching the lions den for any reason, especially staff?

The Zoo management have a lot of questions to answer and I think this particular zoological garden in Ife Osun state is highly unsafe.

2 Likes

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Zonefree(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21
Orlu13:
mumu man..he went to rescue a woman

from time to time, u have never seen women die fr men only men dying fr a woman yet these useless gender will still be saying trash abt men forming women power upandan
I agree with you.
💯

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Procashtips(m): 1:58pm On Feb 21
bizzibodi:

So human blood is most sweetest & distinguishable to d lion?

They start seeing humans as prey and then increase human hunt
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Maxtipulation(m): 2:03pm On Feb 21
No tranquilizer?
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ArsenWinner: 2:11pm On Feb 21
webincomeplus:

Do you people have comprehension problems? Did you miss the part where it was stated that the woman is also a staff working in the zoo?
Not everyone who reads comprehends.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by webincomeplus(m): 2:13pm On Feb 21
tabaralph:

Don’t mind the slowpoke slowpoke, they just read the headline and rush straight to comment section, the gentleman was unfortunately a close relation of mine, he was formally at university of Ibadan as a zoologist before moving OAU 10 years ago and he has been in charge of this particular lion since 9tears ago when the lion was born, wide animal will always be wide animal, rest on Egbon
So sorry about the incident. Take heart, brother.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Desusi: 2:51pm On Feb 21
phorget:
Cooked up story!
As an assistance zoo inspector, l guess she was busy taken care of lion.Alas,beware of over confidence.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Desusi: 2:55pm On Feb 21
illicit:
The man's body was still there when the lion was shot

Which one is that he was rushed to the hospital?

I saw d video

Abi rush get another meaning?
You should know your people now,the carcasses of the man even though he's dead must be rushed to the hospital for eye's service that they cared for him but.........'
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Madups(m): 3:03pm On Feb 21
yemmit90:

The lion probably broke out from the rotten metal wire. I went to the same zoo about 10 years ago, if you see the horrible state of wire metal around the lions den, you will be surprise how those working there did not raise alarm and fix it with new wire.

Even we the visitors had to flee the place immediately we saw it that day. I am very sure the same wire will still be there till this moment. Nigeria and Nigerians has fail themselves thinking we are smart by not doing the right thing.

RIP to the dead, he failed in carry out his duty but unfortunately, he paid for it with his life.
finally nke bu eziokwu.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Asswipemod: 3:09pm On Feb 21
[quote author=Amotolongbo post=128565053]This doesn’t add up.
I would rather wait for the School Authority to release the report

Was the lion roaming freely in the zoo garden like ekuke, or how was it attacking people?

I had the opportunity of visiting the zoo about 3times, the lions’ den had high perimeter metal wire (about 20m high) round it.[We're!

Cognitive dissonance everywhere! Let me explain to you so you can spread to all the other "I don't believe" crew that the 2 individuals who were attacked by the lion were zoo staff. They have been entering the enclosure of the lions to feed them and perhaps clean the place. They don't throw meat to them from over the perimeter fencing. They enter and feed. That is standard practice because the lions know them. That is how lions are fed in zoos. Lions are obligate carnivores who can't be trusted. The predatory instinct kicked in and it went for the weakest link - the woman. The man tried to rescue and show authority since all the lions already know him( he practically raised them as cubs). The lion felt challenged and fought back. Case closed.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Amotolongbo(f): 3:12pm On Feb 21
[quote author=Asswipemod post=128572357][/quote]beautiful explanation
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ffo(m): 3:18pm On Feb 21
InfoGuru118:

https://platinumtimes.ng/zookeeper-killed-while-attempting-to-rescue-woman-from-lion-nasu-chair-reveals/

The stupid people and fools that were supposed to rushed him for medical emergency were busy recording and taking his pictures to share on Social media

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Forkthiefnubu: 3:32pm On Feb 21
Cassandraloius:
This is hard to believe.
You are right , I don’t believe this at all

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Akinpresident: 3:47pm On Feb 21
FinidiGeorge:

Lol... You people just saying euthanize up and down... The animal was KILLED, simple.

Euthanize is mercy killing or explained as killing an animal or someone humanely which most times comes with painless death. It is an assist killing.

Thank you.
I don't know why we like to dribble English.
Lion was killed simple and short.

2 Likes

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by stasius: 4:04pm On Feb 21
Wallade:

Your analysis are spot on:

How did a female staff get in direct contact with the 9 year old lion?

Why did the man have to intervene without protective gears?

What is the safety procedures of approaching the lions den for any reason, especially staff?

The Zoo management have a lot of questions to answer and I think this particular zoological garden in Ife Osun state is highly unsafe.

Exactly. The zoo management should answer all the questions raised. Stupid people.
You are running a zoo and you don't have safety gears and equipments in emergencies like that.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by wiseoneking: 4:15pm On Feb 21
phorget:
Cooked up story!
Go ahead to investigate properly and bring it to Nairaland. At least yours will not be a cooked up story

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ibrahimadesewa2: 4:18pm On Feb 21
Euthanized is just a polite way of saying killed. It is just like changing name of prison to correctional center, it is still a prisonEuthanized is just a polite way of saying killed. It is just like changing name of prison to correctional center, it is still a prison...
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Boyuche: 4:39pm On Feb 21
Lamba
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by cezarman(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21
illicit:
The man's body was still there when the lion was shot

Which one is that he was rushed to the hospital?

I saw d video

Abi rush get another meaning?

Exactly!
I remember I saw a picture of the lifeless body still in the zoo.

They probably rushed him to the hospital after they must have satisfied their phone cameras.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by maasoap(m): 5:17pm On Feb 21
ValCon888:
A lion was killed for being a lion. That is what I know.
Any lion or predator in captivity that kills human being has signed its own death warranty grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by maasoap(m): 5:19pm On Feb 21
webincomeplus:

Do you people have comprehension problems? Did you miss the part where it was stated that the woman is also a staff working in the zoo?
He asked how come the woman came in contact with the lion? It is an unambiguous question. Working in the zoo shouldn't make anyone come in contact with predators like big cats unless when already tranquilised and tied.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by pooozeee(m): 5:20pm On Feb 21
I hope the Lion has been shot dead.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by maasoap(m): 5:21pm On Feb 21
ArsenWinner:

Not everyone who reads comprehends.
I don't think you did. grin grin grin
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Caphive: 5:30pm On Feb 21
Oblongata:
Once the Lion had tasted human blood there was no going back!

As it had attacked the woman and probably tasted her blood, every human became a potential prey!

In a saner clime, during the attack on the woman, the Lion would have been darted (with tranquilizers) and eventually euthanized because it had tasted human blood.

The system failed the victims.

How did the lion attacked the woman.......? The story did not add up

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Maski87: 5:36pm On Feb 21
Fear women
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Hespee93: 6:32pm On Feb 21
“After he was freed from the lion’s grip, they rushed him to the health centre on campus here. He however died before he got there. But the second person that was attacked, a woman, is still on admission receiving treatment presently.”

This story doesn't add up.

Somone that his lifeless body was video on the ground was said to have been rush to the hospital.

Why are Nigerians like.

I steingly belived to attempt to made to rescue the man before giving up the ghost.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ejimatic: 7:06pm On Feb 21
bizzibodi:

This is a kind of job mistakes is not tolerated,there should be procedures with check list.you shouldn't do B if A cannot be accomplished...no adequate supervision.
. Job hazard!
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by mickool(m): 7:16pm On Feb 21
You are working with "wild" animals you don't have a pistol ? No one could get the police or gun down the lion? i believe at the time the lion was attacking him many of the staffers were busy filming instead of calling for help. Am still surprised why they haven't released the videos of the attack yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic, Nekede Owerri FORUM. / Solomon Dalung At Lagos Sea School, Expresses Disappointment / Final Year EBSU Student Dies In Her Sleep (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.