Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,527 members, 7,770,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:36 AM

What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? (11506 Views)

4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps / Globacom (Glo Mobile) Nigeria Email Address / Glo Mobile WAP Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 11, 2011
I was testing glo mobile internet for the first time, just after 3 days of browsing ,it has stopped working despite that i still have 188 mb. I recharged 200 naira credit, and it started working, yestesday when the credit fall to less than 100, it stopped again. The worse part is i cannot talk to any customer care and there is no way i can go to their office in lagos. How do you guys resolve issues with glo network and is anybody experiencing this also?
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by luluosas(m): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2011
4bobo:

I was testing glo mobile internet for the first time, just after 3 days of browsing ,it has stopped working despite that i still have 188 mb. I recharged 200 naira credit, and it started working, yestesday when the credit fall to less than 100, it stopped again. The worse part is i cannot talk to any customer care and there is no way i can go to their office in lagos. How do you guys resolve issues with glo network and is anybody experiencing this also?
Call 171 for N20, you will be attended to quickly. As for the internet stuff, Glo is no longer given the free data on recharge. I noticed this when I loaded 1,000 card some days back. They are now deducting money from my account using glosecure settings. The worst I am facing now, is the issue with my account and Instant Surf. At N60, I cannot call again, don't really know what is wrong. I have called customer care without any resolve yet.
I subscribed to the Instant Surf yesterday, and it was activated this money yet, I cannot connect. I am really pissed off.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2011
Thank u.i will try 2 call them. But thats crazy of them. I am not even talking of free kb. I have suscribed data plan. But cant even broswe at all unless load with 100 naira and above. And even with that they start to deduct money. Crazy in deed!
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by onchefx: 8:44am On Nov 12, 2011
LOOK HERE MY FRIEND U DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING,LOOK HERE GLO MOBILE INTERNET IS JUST THE BEST IN THE WHOLE OF AFRICA, GLO DELIVERED MY CAFE FROM SERVICE PROVIDER, INFACT GLO I JUST THE BOMB U CANT BEAT THE BROWSING SPEED.MY CAFE IS NOW THE BEST IN TOWN WITH GLO I DEY KAMPE,IT MAY INTEREST U TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT A GLO AGENT,I AM AN INDIVIDUAL,I AM NOT ADVERTISING GLO BUT THOSE GUY ARE TRYING AND THEY ARE THE BEST NETWORK IN NIGERIA
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 12, 2011
Help guys, Just got dis message last nite, Sorry for derailing d̶̲̥̅̊ thread, Pls help me out,

Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by ayusman16(m): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2011
@Onchefx, u r not Glo agent or staff and u spew rubbish that Glo's internet is d best in Africa? When was d last time u treated urself for Malaria?
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by master2(m): 9:01am On Nov 12, 2011
They are so inconsistent with their data tarrif. I subscribe for 200MB N1k monthly data plan all they do is to zap my money while i can't browse n yet they say i have 125MB left. Though its fast they are thief. I still enjoy enough freebies n relative low tarrif from Etisalat.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Maisuya1: 9:02am On Nov 12, 2011
well i guess it also depends on location. but to me glo is the best in 9ja if u take these factors into consideration togrther: speed and cost

etisalat used to do it for me untill they started  imposinng bundles on me through auto renew and their call center became crappy.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by aAK1(m): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2011
There r many ways around all dis brblems u guys r havin.i will start wit the first.put ur phon off remove ur sim card and put in another sim.run the sim on ur phone for some time befor putin back ur old sim.try to conect.if it dos not still work make sure ur apn is set to glo flat,then press defult in all that should help.there r other tins u can do i am typin wit my phon and i don enjoy it.u can call soo i put u tro the proces.2 if u r unable to make calls just put ur phon off and on and u r good to go
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by benzion72(m): 9:23am On Nov 12, 2011
Glo is confused I subscribed to their Glo comonth N1400 on my BB i have to abandon it. They are teribly slow. Infact they are slow motion
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by xavier3g(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2011
I actually think GLO is the best at least in Africa Nigeria, I have used all the different major networks and I can honestly say them are much better than that crap called MTN or Airtel, have not tried the new Etisalat though.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by agabaI23(m): 10:33am On Nov 12, 2011
Guy, you are using the wrong setting. You need gloflat and not glosecure. I was then. Call 444 and not 171. You will get it resolved.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by benzion72(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2011
Both gloflat and glosecure are epileptic
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by agabaI23(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2011
Tried to edit but was not allowed. I meant to say I have been there.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by agabaI23(m): 10:45am On Nov 12, 2011
Well my gloflat in a 3g compatible phone is superb. I downloaded 318mb in less than 20 mins while my phone. Gotup 250kb/s as shown by torrent ( this is always less than actual speed using speed test). That speed luxury in this part of the world.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Maxybaby(f): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2011
Just go to ur internet settings and delete glosecure, glostreaming, and glowap. Leave only glomobile internet. This will enscure they don't zap ur money. I once had that problem, but i was advised to so when i called their costumer care.
Best of Luck,
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by benzion72(m): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2011
@Agabal23 which side of Nigeria are you in or are you in.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by agabaI23(m): 10:54am On Nov 12, 2011
benzion72:

@Agabal23 which side of Nigeria are you in or are you in.
I am in the south east.
Do you know if you are in there 3G or 2G zone? There 2G is not as fast. If you see E displayed then you are in 2G. If you 3G or H, then you are in 3G zone.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Konnektions146(m): 11:24am On Nov 12, 2011
the problem yu re havin with zappin your money has to do with settings, i use GLO and i `m rreally enjoyin it, if you use MTN and ETISALAT here in AKwa Ibom, u`ll hate internet browsing, on my mobile i `ve over 400mb accumulated free data and i am feeling it real good, its actually has the fastest dowload speed. they still have their flaws just like every other telecom service provider but they re really good.
benzion72:

Both gloflat and glosecure are epileptic
i beg to disagrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2011
Imanuelle:

Help guys, Just got dis message last nite, Sorry for derailing d̶̲̥̅̊ thread, Pls help me out,
my friend look here, those of u who go abt buyin second hand products shud stay away frm BB! The fone has a central control unit and each BB has its own pin. No two BB has d same pin. Its obvious u've bn usin a stolen fone BUT d rightful owner is a smart person. Once ur BB gets stolen, there is no need to worry, just get to me tru 08188639787 and i'll render d BB useless no matter d model. As far as u knw d pin. Criminals shud stay away frm BB, its a bad market for dem as far as i'm concerned!
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
glo sucks but i still dey gbadun dem sha for one reason
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Sike(m): 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
Glo is second to none as far as am concern.
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Mcleo007(m): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
I think Glo is going through a recess. Been unable to dial out for some days now coupled with losing my airtime, even amidst my inability to dial out.

Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Energieman(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2011
Do you know you can use your prefered picture from your personal picture gallery as your background THEME on your cell phone?, Its pretty cool being yourself instead of another persons theme running on your best device you call phone, It gives your phone a splendid new look, It Increases your love towards your phone and it gives your phone a new outfit!
Send your pictures to my mailbox "energieman86@gmail.com" and dont forget to send the maker and model of the phone you wish to customise with your predefined own pictures as theme, Woop!, I'll create it and send it back to your mailbox in no time, Download it and you are good to go with your pix being your THEME in style!
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by sleekcm(m): 1:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
Check your settings. You can delete all the settings,remove your SIM and re-insert. Save the new settings and set them to default,that should take care of your issue. To maximize the freebies you receive after subscription,disable automatic updates from your PC control panel,that way, ur alloted bandwidth won't run down. And for the records,you still get 200mb free for every recharge of 1k and above,that's what am using now!
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by mikeywise(m): 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
i dont even know whats wrong with dat network GLO, lost about a thousand plus network dis morning, called their customer care nd all dey keep saying is dat "all our customer care representative are busy attending to other customers", finally went to their office nd dey asked me to come back on monday, dat dey are having network problem.this is not the first time this rubbish is happening.pls if u are a glo staff , abeg warn dem for me o b4 i vex. sad sad sad sad sad
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
t
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
See my friends, i wonder may be i am the only one affected, i use both etisalat and glo network. Glo is faster but the 2 are ok for me before. But now, latest development, i am typing, my account balance on glo is telling me 65naira but since wednsday ,any time i call, it will tell me that i dont have sufficient account to call. I wonder what is happening. If i recharge again, i know i will be able to call. Am in lagos and move around lagos everyday so it is not location , may be network with my phone. Please what are the working customer care lines?
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by lexander(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
Thats true i had over 652 naira on my glo phone as of yesterday n over 21mb remaining my phone battery was down n i had to recharge d phone this afternoon when i checked my account balance i was suprised it has become 165 naira whats happening to glo?
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by oneminman(m): 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
Pls o people, abeg my android motorola no dey see mobile network. I need the correct settings for glo mobile internet, me sef wan join for the awuf. Pls o somebodi help mi!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? by ITbomb(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
search for gloflat settings on nairaland ,
Or text ' activate' to 1234 u may get the gloflat settings
Or create a new profile and use gloflat as the access point or APN
For all this, the point is : By default, glo uses glosecure which is pay as u go, even if u had subscribe, so u change it to gloflat for ur subscription to work.
Forget about the glo mobile internet settings , it is useless

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 4 (X555) and Zero 4 Plus (X602) Official Discussion Thread / NCC Seals Nokia Office In Lekki, Lagos For Operating Without License / Meet The Selfie Smartphones Without Limits: Itel S16, S16 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.