Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds (24705 Views)

Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS / ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger / Russia, Ukraine Agree On Humanitarian Corridors In Second Round Of Talks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by bluefilm: 6:23pm On Feb 24
owiko:
Cites humanitarian grounds indeed.
Niger, Mali and Guinea no kuku send ECOWAS papa.

ECOWAS is now a very useless entity
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Benzemma(m): 6:24pm On Feb 24
Let Tinubu also lift the sanctions he heaped on people he is ruling, by reintroducing fuel subsidy, opening of border for food importation and reversing the floating of Naira, based on humanitarian ground!
Nigerians have not done him any wrong, that warrant such inhuman sanctions.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Fearurcreeator: 6:25pm On Feb 24
FOOTSOLDIER2:
Drug lord Tinibu master strategist oponu in the muld

Kikikkiki cheesy grin
See as body dey pepper una .. lolz
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by owiko(m): 6:25pm On Feb 24
I tell you my brother.
No thanks to the mandate bandit that is pressing spoil left, right and centre.
bluefilm:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by coputa(m): 6:27pm On Feb 24
ECOWAS did the right thing,but it came a a bit late.

The leadership of ECOWAS are not proactive, they waited for these countries to form their own bloc before reversing the sanctions.

Tinubu as the chairman of ECOWAS and as a big brother should throw more carrots to them and further woe them back to the regional bloc.

Ecowas cannot afford to lose some countries now
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by ud4u: 6:28pm On Feb 24
These people no even send them message
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Andrea781: 6:34pm On Feb 24
fergie001:
The sanctions are to be lifted with immediate effect

SOURCE Who have the last laugh? No be everything be gra gra.

Journalistkc (on X)
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Elliotwaveforec: 6:35pm On Feb 24
happney65:
Aiye Tinubu ti ta pau. Embarrassed at home and abroad. grin

Yeye somebody
Aiye Baba e lo ta pau
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Dpharisee: 6:36pm On Feb 24
FOOTSOLDIER2:
Drug lord Tinibu master strategist oponu in the muld

Kikikkiki cheesy grin
Them don humble Tinubu EBola grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Benzemma(m): 6:36pm On Feb 24
Biodun556:

Ignorance is a disease

It is the other way round

Gowon met Tinubu yesterday to beg on their behalf because their citizens are suffering.

If you reason very deep, you will notice that it is sanction that Niger also placed on Nigeria that is making food items costly here! That's why Tinubu lift the one he place on them, to see if the will equally lift their on us. Think am nah!

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Litmus: 6:39pm On Feb 24
Biafrannuke:
Zoo has no subregional influence afterall. It is not by size but by power. Zoo tried to punch above her economic weight by imposing sanctions on other countries when Infact, her own citizens are the poorest people in the world. It was never a sanction against Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali, it was a self imposed sanction by the zoo.

Now Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso will dictate the basis of the regional integration according to their interest.

This is the type of arrogance that miffs me about Africans. They'll have nothing but boast the most. How I wish Nigeria leadership would be resolutely Nigeria focused instead of Africa focused. Nigeria needs to dedicate the next 20 years to growing Nigeria in all areas. Spare no cash on anything to do with Africa integration but devote every dollar to Nigeria states integration. From housing, telecom, AI, Aerospace, railway, power, roads, shipping, agriculture, health, education, maritime, science and research, semiconductors, fintech, entertainment, sports and recreation, to security including military, police, records of death and birth, forensics, border control, immigration etc.

We have so much work to do in Nigeria, why the hell do we (Nigeria Leaders )even for a second entertain these crappy, decrepit Africa nations with anything but the utmost contempt?

Why?

Nigeria has such potential on her own...

what a pity.....

I wish I lead Nigeria
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by NSK4U(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24
Tinubu's ineptitude is now global
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by bigtt76(f): 6:47pm On Feb 24
They've placed those countries on the driving seat and they will ask for more cheesy

fergie001:

SOURCE

Journalistkc (on X)
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Oghene86: 6:50pm On Feb 24
fergie001:

SOURCE

Journalistkc (on X)

That would not make them come back to elections riggers union
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Oghene86: 6:50pm On Feb 24
bluefilm:

What do you expect when the head is a certificate forger
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by bluefilm: 6:51pm On Feb 24
Oghene86:
What do you expect when the head is a certificate forger

I expect zero credibility
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by HBB1(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24
Elvictor:
Lol

Remind me who is the chairman of ECOWAS agajn? grin grin grin

Hunger wan kill Nigerians grin grin

Them don rush lift sanction, a country filled with people who consider farming as slavery wants to bite the hands that feed them grin grin

If I be the head of state of Niger Republic I go sanction Nigeria until they go on their knees and plead for food like beggars they are cheesy cheesy

Is Niger feeding Nigeria?
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Vicana: 6:55pm On Feb 24
Wow....Tinubu is now seen in the middle of a picture clearly.

As we see Tinubu clearly for picture, Nigeria go better soon.
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by HBB1(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24
ArewaNightmare:
grin please can someone help us with IBB's quote about one particular Tribe oncethey're calling for war 🤪🤪

You mean the one Ojukwu fled like a p^ssy from?
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Oghene86: 6:56pm On Feb 24
bluefilm:

I expect zero credibility

They will never come till the end of the world, even guinea would join them soon, this is the end of ECOWAS
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Litmus: 6:59pm On Feb 24

8. Lifting Imposition on travel bans on the military officials and their families involved in the coup attempt including anyone who accepts to take a position in the military government lifted.

Anyway point 8 , quoted, makes me doubt the entire thing. As rubbish as ECOWAS, they can't be that stupid and inept bordering on criminal!

While majority of us congratulate the usurping of French hegemony over those francophone nations, one would still expect and hope that formal organisations maintain the principles for which they are setup. In short, while I may support my brother in his bid to not marry the girl he impregnated, I still expect my father to be that mature adult that adopts a dim view of the entire episode even to the extent of whooping his ass!
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Ekong93: 7:15pm On Feb 24
Small yansh don finished shaking, what next?
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by AngelicBeing: 7:16pm On Feb 24
Artscollection:

Seems you landed from the moon!!! Those 3 countries liberated themselves from France hence the coup.you are rich but ebi mpiawa azu is at ur back. Rich man wey dey visit poor countries that one still follow?
If you have flied in from europe of recent you will understand better.
You totally miss my point, l visited those 3 countries plus. Senegal Gambla, Mali in the late 90"s and early 2000 before moving for further studies in the West, my point is that despite all the Handouts they have been receiving, they are still very poor and also oppressed by their own government / politicians, military , Sahel & Sahara rebels, so it pays them to remain with Ecowas, now buzz off mugu and enjoy your APC / PDP NNpc, Lp hunger nonsense , where is my Koboko laden with chilly pepper to flog shege from y LP HEAD angry

Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by descarado: 7:16pm On Feb 24
pansophist:
Medicine after death.

The countries are gone. They won't come back. This is the consequences of acting with emotions, not thinking in terms of consequences, and being a puppet.

ECOWAS is dyfunctional anyway. No financial integration, people's integration, economical integration, good governance, and lack of political will to do anything.

I wish them good luck.
There is a major reason tinubu is begging.
Remember the eu Nigerian gas deal with buhari 2 yrs ago.
Now do the math.
This is high international politics and very few know what's going on.

When you desperately wanted something and can agree on anything just to get it, you will be in Tinubu's shoe that is licking hisvomit.
The West want what they want.
Either tinubu deliver or......

Tinubu is not a free man. West hol am for blokos
Wish him luck
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by descarado: 7:21pm On Feb 24
Eriokanmi:
So pe o tilo. I read recently that they're forming a tri-state. Apparently ecowas has no power to sanction again. You can't sanction a non-member. Lifting of the ban is of no effect
Read that too.
Russia is behind all these.
Gas.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Miracle4325: 7:25pm On Feb 24
Tinubu should be hiding his face in shame.. After all the noise and threat

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by mrblessed(m): 7:26pm On Feb 24
EcoFrance is walking away shamefacedly.
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Metatrondivine: 7:26pm On Feb 24
gaby:
Gragra don hook agbada for barbwire..
My broda you have spoken my mind, this idiot Tinubu almost dragged us into war, Russia would have done what they did to Kennedy thru Cuba by giving them nuclear weapons, imagine Niger been handed Nuclear weapons! This idiot better revert back subsidy because Anarchy is looming, there is no war greater than hunger, I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by pocom16: 7:32pm On Feb 24
KEVIND:
This usually happens when you think with your anus to take decisions. Common sense is sometimes not common.
Tinubu should also swallow his pride & reintroduce subsidy on fuel & diesel

Who told you it hasn't been introduced..
With this spiral dollar rate ..how do you think pms prices are not going spiral as well
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by Tareq1105: 7:32pm On Feb 24
owiko:
Cites humanitarian grounds indeed.
Niger, Mali and Guinea no kuku send ECOWAS papa.

When you get to niger republic, they will tell you what they've lost and how much the lifting means to niger.
Re: ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds by CorrectionFLuid: 7:36pm On Feb 24
Mynd44 remember when I told you this?

CorrectionFLuid:

By forming a confederation, they've just increased their value,and put themselves in a position of strength. Any country that opens it's ports to them really has a lot to gain.

This is a test of the unity of ECOWAS countries, and indeed the strength of the alliance. Will money win, or will honor win? Only time will tell.

This is a smart move by the ECOWAS. It's either they swallow their pride and act fast, or risk the disintegration of the economic bloc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Trump Never Said Nigerians Live In Huts - White House Says / Why France Is Angry About The US And UK Giving Australia Nuclear Submarines / Iran Irgc Intelligence Chief In Syria, Deputy Killed In Israeli Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.