Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price (28271 Views)

How Many Of You Have Given Up On Online Money Making? / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by seetomorrow: 1:15pm On Feb 26
pocohantas:
I give up nothing. At first I tried cutting cost. Used one useless dishwash that peeled my fine skin. Last last I ran back to Morning Fresh.

I just thank God I took the hard decision to focus on remote work and a harder decision to resign my 9to5. My colleagues discouraged and scared me. I don't blame them. It was all genuine concern. But I did what I had to do.

A week back one of them asked me for electricity units and I told her to send her meter number. Recharged 20k for her and she was so happy. Mentally it was $12 to me. To her it was 20k.

For this life, you have to use your active years VERY WISELY. This youthful vigour won't be there forever.

Hello i just clicked like on your comment.
Please can i have small idea of this your remote job, i fit get any one no matter the pay
god bless you as you respond.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Bluearrow: 1:15pm On Feb 26
Nyanabo:
Nice. I'm also thinking of not buying bag of pure water. I only buy pure because it easy to just pick one and drink rather than filling bottles from the filter and stocking them inside the fridge. It's stressful.

The compound where I live the water is good and treated omo buying bag of pure every 2 days for 500 is not for me again abeg. 😂
A bag now sells for 600 naira in my area as at this morning.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:19pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:
Yesterday, I told my wife and kid that the last carton of indomie noodles I grudgingly bought 2wks ago for N11,000 would be the very last in my house. Women being women, just this morning, my wife was asking me if I really meant it and wouldn't get them even if na half carton if the one at home finishes. The bombastic side eye I gave her was enough to remind her that I'm just a level 11 FG worker trying to stay afloat.

My brother....no kill yourself abeg. Instead of noodles that don't add any nutritional value, use the 11k to buy Eight tubers of yam or get Beans. These are far much better. I and my brother have decided that instead of spending 1500 weekly on sachet water, we now resort to fetching drinking water from a nearby pure water factory borehole.
Meruwa here charges 500 naira per truck of water. Me, I have decided to be fetching my water ooo. I cannot kill myself. As for transportation, any movement that is not worth it or will not being money to my pocket, I avoid it like ebola. If the person serious, make e come my house. grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Novarisammy2: 1:20pm On Feb 26
Risingblue008:
For my side
Madiga don replace bread
And let me advice u

No matter how broke u are

ALWAYS GET GARRI FOR HOUSE NO MATTER HOW

e get why

U go smile and thank me later

even garri is no longer affordable. the last time I bought a bucket of garri was around 4k, now it's close to 10k and the price is still rising

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Novarisammy2: 1:21pm On Feb 26
I gave up buying one of my favorites junk; tea, golden morn and corn flakes
I just buy rice, beans and salary don finish. things are no longer at ease

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by fuck419: 1:23pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:
Yesterday, I told my wife and kid that the last carton of indomie noodles I grudgingly bought 2wks ago for N11,000 would be the very last in my house. Women being women, just this morning, my wife was asking me if I really meant it and wouldn't get them even if na half carton if the one at home finishes. The bombastic side eye I gave her was enough to remind her that I'm just a level 11 FG worker trying to stay afloat.

Hahaaha.

A bombastic level 11 FG worker indeed.
We know una well well.

Take home is 75k
Side collections & runs 1.85million monthly.

God pass una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by stagger: 1:26pm On Feb 26
Anyone still buying noodles in this day and age is just throwing money away.

Growing up, we never ate that shit. Not one pack.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Scholace: 1:26pm On Feb 26
Aaaaarghmed:
I thank God I japaed when I did.My own be say mk my sister finish school.I thank God i can send her better money every month.I really feel for my fellow Nigerians.Reading all these suffering news deh make me sad
please help your fellow Nigerian to have something to eat
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Chummynoni(m): 1:27pm On Feb 26
Only the unwise ones will suffer. I havent earned #1 this year but my management skill and prudency keeps my family going.thank God for my understanding wife and son because i told him in january that there wont be cornflakes and golden morn for now, and he said ok daddy , i will be eating anything mom gives me. Fueling the Gen is gone, i just decided buying bags of water wont happen again for now, buying beverages gone, chivita,5alive gone . make i dey manage my resources pending when things go jell again . if you like go de compete with neighbors or friend, body go tell u. Manage your resources well and dont put yourself in a position of being pressurized.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by stagger: 1:27pm On Feb 26
Novarisammy2:

even garri is no longer affordable. the last time I bought a bucket of garri was around 4k, now it's close to 10k and the price is still rising

One villager's goats have been eating my cassava leaves. I sent her a stern warning that if they stray into my farm again, that is the last she will see them.

She has started to restrict her animals now. No dulling.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Parrot69: 1:29pm On Feb 26
bigcasava1:
With my five children how do I survive
Why not add 6 more to form National Team undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Scholace: 1:31pm On Feb 26
motayoayinde:

The "level 11" part gave you away!

There's no such thing in the Nigerian civil service.

Na from 10 to 12 straight.
even at State level or only federal?
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by fineboynl(m): 1:34pm On Feb 26
Just wondering for people who train pets like dogs.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:36pm On Feb 26
pocohantas:
I give up nothing. At first I tried cutting cost. Used one useless dishwash that peeled my fine skin. Last last I ran back to Morning Fresh.

I just thank God I took the hard decision to focus on remote work and a harder decision to resign my 9to5. My colleagues discouraged and scared me. I don't blame them. It was all genuine concern. But I did what I had to do.

A week back one of them asked me for electricity units and I told her to send her meter number. Recharged 20k for her and she was so happy. Mentally it was $12 to me. To her it was 20k.

For this life, you have to use your active years VERY WISELY. This youthful vigour won't be there forever.

Na morning fresh dishwasher You dey use as soap baff
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:38pm On Feb 26
Cantonese:
Please try garri, ekpa, ice water and sugar.

Garri - 200
ekpa - 100
Ice water - free
Sugar - 50

Total 350.

Is that what he should be eating everyday? Nawa
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:42pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:

I love the bombastic side you gave her.

You communicated without saying a word.

Well done sir.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by zedegit: 1:43pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:

I hope you no go give am bele again because your Bombastic side eye no go cure hunger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by maasoap(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:
We used to buy smallest cartoon which cost 3200 naira before. Each time they went back to the market, the price increased by N500. The one we have at home now was bought at N5,000!
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by NinjaMetahuman: 1:45pm On Feb 26
Cway refil water is the only thing I'm cutting out, until they explain why their water kept increasing by 50 naira week.

Under 20 liters of water for that matter cost over 1k is madness.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by maasoap(m): 1:47pm On Feb 26
dimexy247:
Sorry bro. This government was forced upon us.

Thunder fire all eyinlokan’s family.
It wasn't forced upon you, your preferred candidate failed to gather enough votes. Sorry, try harder next election
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by zedegit: 1:50pm On Feb 26
Rayd502:
Don't compromise your health by drinking Borehole water.Ensure you boil before drinking.

Typhoid is now expensive to treat now.

Pure water no longer pure.
SON need to dey work o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by maasoap(m): 1:51pm On Feb 26
inoki247:
Lol I don abandon anything wey involve Cement for now.....

Na only food I face for now...
My bricklayer called me yesterday about the work we had going on. I told him I'm not ready to buy a bag of cement at N11k upward, he should chill. I pray hunger doesn't wire some hardworking artisans

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by maasoap(m): 1:53pm On Feb 26
Rayd502:
Don't compromise your health by drinking Borehole water.Ensure you boil before drinking.

Typhoid is now expensive to treat now.
Typhoid from borehole! How?
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Tallesty1(m): 1:53pm On Feb 26
Printme1:

Bread
Normally, bread of N200 and coke will be enough to sustain you for the day or maybe for the night.

I do it this very often.

But now eh, I can't even go close to bread again. The prices are something else.

I mean the last time I tried it, only 1k bread will make sense and honestly I can't be spending that much in a sitting all the time.

So I've left bread behind.
Give up on bread? Chukwu aju.

I feel uncomfortable when I don't have bread in the house for a day or two.

I must eat bread.

I have always lived my life as if I knew Tinubu was coming; I don't spend recklessly, not the type that flex, so I have not seen a reason to adjust yet.

You see food? I spend heavily on that.

I told my friend yesterday that I spent all the money I withdrew on rice and stew; he said, "Nah, you dey eat like oga, nah."

No be oga anything, if I tell him how much hunger I endured in the past, he will blame me for not eating every five minutes.

If I don't eat well, what will I stay alive for? No smoking, no alcohol, no womanizing, no food? Then why am I here? To watch Chelsea and Arsenal?

I must eat; if money runs out, I will go back to the village and start farming.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by actrinity(m): 1:53pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:
Now the carton is #22,500 as at today
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by chidiokay: 1:54pm On Feb 26
pocohantas:

[i]
For this life, you have to use your active years VERY WISELY. [/i]This youthful vigour won't be there forever.

Shebi i warned you to stop pouring waw inside morning fresh then, that shuld even be a crime under producers protection act undecided

You can be wise and still not make money undecided leave counseling for logical gender ;

in whatever you do be "SMART" undecided
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Ensa777(f): 1:57pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:

That 11k own is currently #19000.The one I bought when it was #9k early Jan is still remaining half carton.
I consciously over the years made my kids lose interest in it.Its only eaten on sat afternoons which is once a week.
So now I'm not even fazed by the price.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by jay89(m): 1:59pm On Feb 26
Yesterday after service i went to buy pure water for the week and the seller was telling me 700 for a bag i kukuma buy one pack ot bottle water for my children and i told my wife that we are going to start boiling borehole water and and package it to the fridge. Thats the new normal now ooo.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Demurray: 2:02pm On Feb 26
Risingblue008:
For my side
Madiga don replace bread
And let me advice u

No matter how broke u are

ALWAYS GET GARRI FOR HOUSE NO MATTER HOW

e get why
Broke

U go smile and thank me later
Broke men of nowadays can afford garri, a paint is 2.5k. isn't that worrisome
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Elliotwaveforec: 2:03pm On Feb 26
studycenter:
Boil the borehole water at 100°c, let it cool overnight and drink the next day.
Don't drink it directly.
Dey play! Borehole I have been drinking for ages without boiling. Is borehole not purer than satchet water?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by banku: 2:03pm On Feb 26
Sounds like natural food like yam, Gari, plantain, banana, corn and other local foods is the way to go.

It will increase production and self dependency sending adulterated tastes and foods crashing. Think about the advantages of sending the importers of junks, foods, toothpicks, plastics etc a message.

More important, less pressure on naira to dollars. Anyone, family, state or importers spending or throwing money out than they export is a saboteur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike / PAYONEER: Why I Stopped Using Payoneer & What I Use Now. Wise.com + Crypto.com / Lady Wins A Car At Shoprite In Imo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.