Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG (4897 Views)

El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die / El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by PointB: 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2011
El-Rufai Attacks Government - Says "Dialogue With Boko Haram"

Written by Alaba Johnson (Reporter for NaijaPundit).
Add comment (0)

El-Rufai Attacks Government-Says "Dialogue With Boko Haram"

A day after the brutal killings by Boko Haram of many people in Damaturu, Yobe State and Maiduguri, Borno State, controversial former minister of the Federal Capital Territory who is now facing corruption charges for corruptly awarding lands to his cronies and minor child, Nasir El-Rufai, has snapped at the present administration and asked them to dialogue with Boko Haram.

In a post on his twitter account, Malam El-Rufai opined thus "@mareeyama: How many more people need to die before the government dialogues with Boko Haram , many more, they are parasites, right?

People on Twitter found his comments very insensitive especially as they were made just a day after the incidence and did not show any condemnation against the actions of Boko Haram. Furthermore, many opined that seeing as no major prominent Northern elder statesman has condemned the attacks such comments by El-Rufai may be seen as condoning the actions of Boko Haram.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/el-rufai-attacks-government-says-dialogue-with-boko-haram
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by Afam4eva(m): 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
I don't agree with El Rufai on this. The government must not negotiate with terrorists. How do you negotiate with people who have made their unrealistic grievances known. They want a total islamization of Nigeria.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by efisher(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2011
El Rufai used to be smarter than this! Smh
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by PointB: 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
Dialogue with Boko Haram to further enslave Nigeria? Rufia will never disappoint as a sore loser!

The only dialogue I believe we can offer them is Apache Hellicopters, drones, Mossad, CIA and US Marines!

Death to Boko Haram!
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by namfav(m): 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2011
el rufai is spot on, how many more lives while the government acts tough with no actual teeth?
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by Afam4eva(m): 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
namfav:

el rufai is spot on, how many more lives while the government acts tough with no actual teeth?

I'm beginning to think you're a boko-haramist yourself. you're waiting for government to give you handouts. No go find work do.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by jmaine: 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2011
El Rufai . . . . The guy jonze for this one . . . .
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by PointB: 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

I'm beginning to think you're a boko-haramist yourself. you're waiting for government to give you handouts. No go find work do.

With every shred of his bone; the guy is a confirmed terrorist! grin grin grin grin
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by Gbawe: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2011
namfav:

El Rufai is not "spot on". People should not just speak because of a need to sound relevant while playing politics with a serious matter. El Rufai knows damn well that Boko Haram is not interested in "dialogue". what did Boko Haram do to the man OBJ "dialogued" with ? Boko Haram , on a thread I read on NL, have finally come out to reveal their political agenda of getting rid of the "infidel" southern Government so what "dialogue" will appease that desire?
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by eolme(f): 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
Its suprising dat El Rufai is calling on FG to negotiate with terrorists dat are insane
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by efisher(m): 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
This shows how low our leaders value human life. Imagine if this were USA, how would the govt have responded? With dialogue u think? I guess not. Just 1 bomb blast on American soil is enough to unleash the entire might of America to smoke out every last person linked in any way to the mofos.

We have a long way to go, And we have not even got our bearings right!
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by PointB: 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2011
namfav:

No doubt Boko Haram is the armed wing of El Rufia 2015 Campaign Organisation. We are watching. . .
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by doctokwus: 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
The same dialogue that made criminals in d name of militants in d niger delta become millionaires,entitled to foreign travels in choice places abroad,now every niger deltan claims to av bn a militant;d same dialogue that made area boys get settled in form of controlling d parks& roads,making life a misery for commercial& private drivers;next somebody will want dialogue wt armed robbers& murderers.El Rufai continues to make pretences to an overnight philosopher& of course its only in nigeria it can happen;in saner climes his likes wud b so tied up wt court cases concernin d controversies over d stewardship of all agencies he has headed that such deep thoughts as to d solution to BH wi b far frm his mind;dialogue wt murderers my foot.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by blacksta(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2011
What is the difference btw a ND militant and BK?
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by goggs(m): 11:22pm On Nov 11, 2011
El Rufai goofed BIG TYME.

How on earth would El-Rufai suggest that without condemning the needless violence in the name of religion? Why are the northern elites and the so called fearless ones like El rufai not come out to condemn Boko Haram more so when some of their demands are as unrealistic as wringing water from stone? So violence pays!

If the northern elites are sincere, let them condemn the violence in unison. Unless of course they are enjoying it or are spineless. This is the time when real men should stand up and be counted.

Would El Rufai so casually call for dialogue without condemning the violence if his wife were bombed or his daughter shot in the head like that corper girl? I am northerner (middle belter if you wish) and I know that the crass hypocrisy of the Northern elders including El Rufai are what are responsible for the backwardness of the region.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by redsun(m): 11:26pm On Nov 11, 2011
To dialogue with boko haram is a just as good as breaking up.There is know alternative to progress,boko haram should be for those that wants to perish.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by ikeyman00(m): 11:57pm On Nov 11, 2011
How on earth would El-Rufai suggest that without condemning the needless violence in the name of religion? Why are the northern elites and the so called fearless ones like El rufai not come out to condemn Boko Haram more so when some of their demands are as unrealistic as wringing water from stone? So violence pays!

If the northern elites are sincere, let them condemn the violence in unison. Unless of course they are enjoying it or are spineless. This is the time when real men should stand up and be counted.

Would El Rufai so casually call for dialogue without condemning the violence if his wife were bombed or his daughter shot in the head like that corper girl? I am northerner (middle belter if you wish) and I know that the crass hypocrisy of the Northern elders including El Rufai are what are responsible for the backwardness of the region.

[size=28pt]say it[/size]

ba stardsssssssssssssssssssss! and coward that claim to believe in their one and only allah

sanusi nko?

the ones in nl are anticipating the next igbo thread to write crap as usual!! anuofia people
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by Beaf: 12:30am On Nov 12, 2011
?
PointB:

. . .
In a post on his twitter account, Malam El-Rufai opined thus "@mareeyama: How many more people need to die before the government dialogues with Boko Haram , many more, they are parasites, right?
. . .

"Parasites?" Quite a bitter and very crude twit against the govt. Who exactly should the govt be dialoging with? Would it be El Rufai?

It is strange and deeply worrying, that while the man and his fellow core-Northern elite have not deemed it fit to raise their voices in condemnation of boko haram, there is never an end to spurious and outlandish calls to govt from them. Are they hidden supporters of boko haram or do they just love their pockets and lack balls?
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by gnykelly(m): 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
when people like el-rufai talk please do not condemn first think deeply before comment you need to see with is eyes.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
r
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by kasiem(m): 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
Did rufai twit this flummery from his kirikiri apartment(nigeria must've advanced their cells)? Or is it the imbecillic political prostitute still walking about freely without chains.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by ayusman16(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dialogue with terrorists?
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by ikeyman00(m): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2011

[size=28pt]say it[/size]

ba stardsssssssssssssssssssss! and coward that claim to believe in their one and only allah

sanusi nko?

the ones in nl are anticipating the next igbo thread to write crap as usual!! anuofia people
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
No be me talk am
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by manny4life(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dialogue? shocked shocked shocked

I never knew that an Nigerian elite would suggest that our govt negotiates with terrorist ? angry angry angry
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by DDN: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
What is the difference btw a ND militant and BK?

Big difference: ND militants are militants who are settled with resources from their land, bk are people trying to reap from where they did not sow like their fathers.

As for El Rufai, we already know you before now. Your boys from your state and environs are working to smoothen the way of 2015 for you, but I bet you, Niger-Delta oil money you embezzled as FCT and PBE chiefs may be the last you will see.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by VoodooDoll(m): 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
El-Rufai is a joker. What a statement.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by trimwis: 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2011
el rufai wants amnesty for criminals is that what he learnt from harvard?
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by iykemanuel(m): 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
now we know the people behind this Boko haram shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by Relax101(m): 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
El rufai=Buhari=Atiku=Nuhu Ribadu=Sultan of Sokoto=all the emirs=Sanusi=Evil.

Only Aliyu babangida and Shekarau behaves and think different from the rest.
Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by FEMARY1: 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
Why did US not dialogue with Al Qaeda ?

Re: Dialogue With Boko Haram - El-Rufai To FG by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2011
What more dialog? Obasanjo don go come back. Many have been killed for even attempting dialogue with the group. What you have here are pissed off a**holes who are tired of their existence and wanting to kill everyone rather than die alone. On the one hand, I do not blame them but on the other, we need to eliminate these distracting groups so we can get back to the real issues.

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Million Cattle Contributes 40% Of Agricultural Sector’s Input To GDP / Amazon tribes / I Will Kill Lots Of People If Kidnapper Evans Is Executed - Igbo Man (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.