Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar (1479 Views)

Gadhafi's Family To Sue Nato ? / Moammar Gadhafi Is Truly Dead. Proof In 3 Gruesome Videos / Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by AfroBlue(m): 4:02am On Nov 12, 2011
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by salassie(f): 4:52am On Nov 12, 2011
On a related note, there is this:

Venezuela Scrambles to Bring $11 Billion Worth of Gold Home

Chavez announced the move in August as a “sovereign” step that would help protect Venezuela’s foreign reserves from economic turbulence in the United States and Europe. Most of Venezuela’s gold held abroad is in London.

It was also seen as another populist measure ahead of the election next October, when Chavez will seek another six-year term.

It will likely to be a hard fought and contentious vote, and some critics suggest Chavez is frightened by the chance of Venezuela’s foreign reserves being frozen by sanctions — as happened to his friend and ally, Libya’s late Muammar Gaddafi.

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=437720&CategoryId=10717
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by AfroBlue(m): 5:06am On Nov 12, 2011
Tripoli-Street-Misrata

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/fSbXTk9vk9XU38AhBAPaZtZrPDiWujyElWczxlyt2q8B-*HHUpnjsA7asUchA144A020jkYSva3LL3J83znZH-GM5tP6mDH6/TripoliStreetMisrata.jpg?width=737&height=533[/img]
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by salassie(f): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
It hurts so bad to look at this. cry Libya was such a beautiful and clean place. The people were all very welcoming to South Africans. I can only imagine how they will treat us now and my opinion of them has been seriously damaged. I can’t even imagine going back there. This really upsets me. Wait till the Americans and Europeans come to rebuild Libya . . .
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
If they come
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by cap28: 2:52am On Nov 13, 2011
Afro_Blue:

Tripoli-Street-Misrata

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/fSbXTk9vk9XU38AhBAPaZtZrPDiWujyElWczxlyt2q8B-*HHUpnjsA7asUchA144A020jkYSva3LL3J83znZH-GM5tP6mDH6/TripoliStreetMisrata.jpg?width=737&height=533[/img]

the north atlantic terrorists leave misery, suffering and death in their wake, i hate looking at these pics too because it drives home to me how evil they are, anything they can not control they destroy - they are a scourge on humanity - why is the world remaining silent in the face of such an atrocity?
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by igbo2011(m): 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2011
@cap28
The thing is that this can happen to Nigeria anytime. The US army can instigate and give weapons to Boko Haram to cause a civil war then go to the niger delta and steal oil and leave. They can even give weapons to MEND so they can fight Boko Haram too. This will leave many dead sad
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by cap28: 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2011
igbo2011:

@cap28
The thing is that this can happen to Nigeria anytime. The US army can instigate and give weapons to Boko Haram to cause a civil war then go to the niger delta and steal oil and leave. They can even give weapons to MEND so they can fight Boko Haram too. This will leave many dead sad

of course!!!

al qaeda/NTC (a creation of US intelligence) were armed and funded to overthrow Qadaffi and now they are running the country!!!! you couldnt make it up!!!

it is equally possible for Boko Haram to one day take over the reigns of power from the nigerian govt if nigeria carries on disobeying orders from washington and london (doing business with china)
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by igbo2011(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Cap28
Chinese and Nigerian cooperation is becoming bigger and bigger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mllIDbTc87o

We need to have all foreign military leave, we should handle Boko Haram ourselves. The Chinese bringing infrastructure, the Americans/ Europeans bring HELL. Once we realize this, we have the upper hand. Why are our leaders allowing this to happen? Ngozi Okonjo better stand up. I really hope she isn't a puppet like I think she is.
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by salassie(f): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2011
igbo2011:
@cap28
Yup. They exploit to their advantage all those things that divide us. While we’re killings one another, they are running away with the loot. When people say “Africans are s.tupid” this is the kind of thing they are talking about. It’s bad enough what other countries have done to this continent, but it’s a disgrace what we’ve done to one another and consequently to ourselves. We are so damn cruel – one way or another we all have blood on our hands. Truly, we are our own worst enemies.

igbo2011:
We need to have all foreign military leave, we should handle Boko Haram ourselves.
I agree. Africa needs to deal with its own problems. We should never welcome the boots of foreign soldiers on African soil. These people come here with their own agendas and not out of the goodness of their hearts.

igbo2011:
The Chinese bringing infrastructure,
I agree that the future of Africa is in closer cooperation with China. However, we need to be sure that we have all the proper regulations in place so we don't get exploited. Remember, China is loyal to itself first and foremost.
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by igbo2011(m): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2011
sa_lassie:

I agree that the future of Africa is in closer cooperation with China. However, we need to be sure that we have all the proper regulations in place so we don't get exploited. Remember, China is loyal to itself first and foremost.

Yes, if you study histroy of the Chinese, they did bad things to Tibet. So they have the power to do the same thing to us. Some Chinese managers beat the Nigerian workers. They must respect our people so we respect them.
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by martinosi: 10:00am On Nov 14, 2011
sa_lassie:

It hurts so bad to look at this. cry  Libya was such a beautiful and clean place.  The people were all very welcoming to South Africans.  I can only imagine how they will treat us now and my opinion of them has been seriously damaged.  I can’t even imagine going back there.  This really upsets me.  Wait till the Americans and Europeans come to rebuild Libya . . .

The Americans and Europeans were the one ones that f**ked it up to begin with, i beginning to wonder concerning you. Where have you been since 2011 began on Jan 1st on another planet
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by salassie(f): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2011
martinosi:
The Americans and Europeans were the one ones that f**ked it up to begin with, i beginning to wonder concerning you. Where have you been since 2011 began on Jan 1st on another planet
I never said they weren't responsible.
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by martinosi: 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
sa_lassie:

I never said they weren't responsible.

Yeah Right, you never said they was not responsible too!!! Look basically people are really tired
of bullsh** and crap that comes from the so called "West". They bombed a country to pieces and expect people
to welcome them as liberators. The sins of Americans/Europeans in regards to Africa is an on-going Saga
that keeps on going on.

Name me one good lasting thing or accomplishment that Americans/Europeans have done in Africa,

Please take your self-delusion elsewhere !!!
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by honeric01(m): 3:31pm On Nov 15, 2011
I am still waiting for a country NATO and UN built and not destroyed.
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by igbo2011(m): 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2011
martinosi:

Yeah Right, you never said they was not responsible too!!! Look basically people are really tired
of bullsh** and crap that comes from the so called "West". They bombed a country to pieces and expect people
to welcome them as liberators. The sins of Americans/Europeans in regards to Africa is an on-going Saga
that keeps on going on.

Name me one good lasting thing or accomplishment that Americans/Europeans have done in Africa,

Please take your self-delusion elsewhere !!!
honeric01:

I am still waiting for a country NATO and UN built and not destroyed.

Their plan is to rape Africa not make it better. The Chinese are making Africa better so the west is getting jealous. A rich Africa means a poor weest because higher prices for raw materials so everything in America will go up. HIgher food prices, gas, computers, laptops, etc. More people will be poor, more crimes, more people in poverty and more problems. THis is why they spend so much money on wars so they can keep resources cheap.
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by honeric01(m): 9:28am On Nov 16, 2011
^^^

Africans are too blinded by stupidity to see the bigger picture, even on AIT, their presenters are no different. sad
Re: Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar by BlackLibya: 1:59am On Nov 17, 2011
The chinese are not hardly angels, dont be silly. They build infrastructure in Africa only because the current infrastructure is insufficient to extract the resources in the quantities they need.

(1) (Reply)

On Streets Of Athens, Racist Attacks Increase / The Geopolitics Of World War III: Reasons Russia & Syria Are Being Targeted / ISIS Kills Dozens Of Its Own Fighters – Some By Dropping Them Into Acid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.