Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation (3558 Views)

Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Gadhafi's Family To Sue Nato ? / Moammar Gadhafi Is Truly Dead. Proof In 3 Gruesome Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by itiswell1(m): 6:47am On Aug 29, 2011
Libyan rebels yesterday rejected an offer by Moammar Gadhafi to negotiate and said they have captured the eastern town of Bin Jawwad, forcing regime loyalists to flee after days of fighting.

With his regime crumbling, Gadhafi is on the run, but his chief spokesman Moussa Ibrahim told The Associated Press the Libyan leader is still in Libya. As the call for negotiations came, new signs emerged of arbitrary killings of detainees and civilians by Gadhafi forces during the rebels’ push into Tripoli earlier this week, including some 50 charred corpses at a regime lockup.

The rebels dismissed Gadhafi’s proposal, relayed by Ibrahim by phone, to have his son al-Saadi lead talks on a transitional government as delusional. “I would like to state very clearly, we don’t recognize them.

We are looking at them as criminals. We are going to arrest them very soon,” Mahmoud Shammam, the information minister in the rebels’ transitional government, told a news conference. “Talking about negotiations is a daydream for what remains of the dictatorship.”

The rebels yesterday hoped to prosecute “insect” Gadhafi for committing crimes in the country, a rebel military spokesman said. “We hope that Gadhafi is still in Libya so we can rid the world of this insect,” Colonel Ahmed Omar Bani told reporters in the eastern rebel bastion of Benghazi. “The only way to treat this pest is to make him accountable for the crimes in Libya.

We guarantee them a fair trial, whatever their position,” he told reporters. In yesterday’s fighting, rebels threatened to advance on the coastal road toward Gadhafi’s hometown of Sirte if tribal leaders there don’t agree to surrender.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/aug/29/national-29-08-2011-015.html
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by DAY12(m): 11:08am On Aug 29, 2011
Game of d oyel sad

Coming to 9ja soon.
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by hbrednic: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2011
is that so
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by luluosas(m): 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2011
Too late.
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by JamesPal: 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2011
If this was to be in Nigeria.

Our Interim President / Caretaker would host them, negotiate with them and even give them Mr Biggs Snacks and Fried Rice.

The only two English word our caretaker president know in this whole wide world is "Amnesty" and "Commiserate". All he do is provide Amnesty and Commiserate with families of Victims.

Even when he visit site of attack, the looks on his face always shows he doesn't even understand all the explanation they give him but i don't blame him, i blame all the Nigerians that voted largely on Sentiments.

To all who voted for Our Interim President / Caretaker, i say thank you all for all you have done, your collective efforts have landed us all in this state on insecurity, anarchy, deaths, judicial breakdown and falling economy.

May all the bloods of those who have been killed innocently since May 29th, 2011 be on your heads.

God would hear our cry and liberate his people.
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by itiswell1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2011
@jamespal.
U harsh o.
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by bestman09(m): 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
JamesPal:

If this was to be in Nigeria.

Our Interim President / Caretaker would host them, negotiate with them and even give them Mr Biggs Snacks and Fried Rice.

The only two English word our caretaker president know in this whole wide world is "Amnesty" and "Commiserate". All he do is provide Amnesty and Commiserate with families of Victims.

Even when he visit site of attack, the looks on his face always shows he doesn't even understand all the explanation they give him but i don't blame him, i blame all the Nigerians that voted largely on Sentiments.

To all who voted for Our Interim President / Caretaker, i say thank you all for all you have done, your collective efforts have landed us all in this state on insecurity, anarchy, deaths, judicial breakdown and falling economy.

May all the bloods of those who have been killed innocently since May 29th, 2011 be on your heads.

God would hear our cry and liberate his people.

Stupid comment! What is the connection btw Libya and Nigeria? If you are not ok with the president of this country, you can go and jump into the lagoon. It is you and your cohorts who dont want to accept that truly, real change have come to stay in Nigeria. All your evil plans will fail in JESUS NAME.
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2011
Gadhafi wan claim wise man here grin
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by Mpetempe(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
Just like Egyptian Pharoh, His heart was blocked.

When the whole world was pleading him to drop power he refused, now why is he bringing this issue.

Whatever a man sows that he shall harvest or reap.

A good lesson for other Ghadafi-like leaders. Eze onye agwa-ram.
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by onwai1(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
Gaddafi and his groups,are bunch of fools,claiming to be wise.after all the crimes commited,he now wants a negotiation.na God punish am,and all his likes[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by velo10: 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2011
Dumbass ungrateful militant rebels simply showing a skinny muscle. Without NATO Gaddafi would have smoked them and the crisis would have been over since March
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by itiswell1(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2011
@velo, cow wey no get tail,
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by keba(m): 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
bestman09:

silly comment! What is the connection btw Libya and Nigeria? If you are not ok with the president of this country, you can go and jump into the lagoon. It is you and your cohorts who dont want to accept that truly, real change have come to stay in Nigeria. All your evil plans will fail in JESUS NAME.
AAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEENNNNNNN.
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by joannes7(m): 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2011
bomb that sand monkey out of libya!!!!!
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by Builder: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2011
ONWAI1, biko pls tell me, what crimes have Gadaffi committed? i dont know why u people enjoy spreading rumours
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by Remii(m): 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2011
Builder:

ONWAI1, biko pls tell me, what crimes have Gadaffi committed? i dont know why u people enjoy spreading rumours

he loved his country too much,
he did not respect the west,
he has not borrowed money from IMF,
he thought other African leaders should be like him.
he rose against rebels, that are still being called rebels even by the backers,
HE DID NOT KNOW WHEN TO LEAVE POWER.
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by mamagee3(f): 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
Builder:

Did you not know he looted libya of billions of dollars and then opened up bank accounts in 5 different countries and hid the money in there?

Didn't you hear about how he silently and quietly killed civilians and then burnt their bodies in a secret warehouse?
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by velo10: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2011
mama-gee:

Did you not know he looted libya of billions of dollars and then opened up bank accounts in 5 different countries and hid the money in there?

Didn't you hear about how he silently and quietly killed civilians and then burnt their bodies in a secret warehouse?

No I didn't hear. could you state authentic proof please. All the so called billions of dollars the West calls seized were his country's money. Ever wondered why they're calling hima thief now he's being witchhunted?
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by Remii(m): 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2011
Are the rebels killing any black they see better? Mscheew
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by Remii(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
Are the rebels killing any black they see better? Mscheew
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by velo10: 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
A Libyan called the Rebels "NATO's Ground Troops"
Re: Libya Rebels Reject Gadhafi’s Offer For Negotiation by BlackLibya: 2:47am On Sep 03, 2011
He has offered numerous times to negotiate but they dont want to. They never did because they have NATO backing them.

(1) (Reply)

Obama Orders Guantanamo Closure / Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia / Somalia At War; Better Looking Cities Than Some Nigerian Cities At Peace. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.