Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right (1294 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari The Worst, Tinubu Got The Midas Touch @topboychriss / The States Where Atiku, Obi, And Tinubu Got Their Highest And Lowest Votes / Oby Ezekwesili Shares Cryptic Post After Tinubu Got INEC'S Certificate Of Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by voiceofpaul(m): 12:04pm On Feb 29
President Tinubu despite his drug and corruption cases seemed him and his team have the mind maps of everything that is anti-development in Nigeria. It is unfortunate to know that most of the functioning manufacturing companies in Nigeria, especially in Lagos are controlled by #Indians and #Chinese.

If a Nigerian employee has knowledge gaps, it is the responsibility of the employer in conjunction with the employee to close out the gap - substitution with a foreigner is not the right thing to do.

In developed countries, the citizens come first but Nigeria is a different story. The USD 15k levy on foreigners taking up employment meant for Nigeria is a move in the right direction by Tinubu's administration.

Source: https://voiceofpaul.com/nigeria-places-15000-usd-levy-on-hiring-foreigners/

3 Likes

Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by CountinBlessins(m): 12:06pm On Feb 29
Indeed ! this is one of his policies i applaud tremendously! these expartrates have taken up too much of our jobs. infact the best roles are reserved for foreigners unfortunately . But this policy is truly the best

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by Jogs1900: 12:08pm On Feb 29
CountinBlessins:
Indeed ! this is one of hisn policies i applaud tremendously! these expartrates have taken up too much of our jobs. infact the best roles are reserved for foreigners unfortunately . But this policy is truly the best
They employ them and still pay them in foreign currencies.

2 Likes

Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by CountinBlessins(m): 12:34pm On Feb 29
Jogs1900:

These are things that must be addressed if the president is sincere. Why should expartroates be paid in forex here in Nigeria? if you want to come and work here be ready to earn in Naira

4 Likes

Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by voiceofpaul(m): 12:44pm On Feb 29
Jogs1900:

You can imagine that. The most troubling part of this is that Indians and the Chinese have sucked up our jobs while millions of Nigerians can't get jobs. I also applaud this move.

2 Likes

Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by Cindypresh(f): 12:54pm On Feb 29
Foreign investors in mud...some people are really clowning for tinupoo

Same way they did for buhari for 8 wasted yrs
Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by redsun(m): 1:00pm On Feb 29
He did. But happens to the generated revenues will be another issue.

It could just be a way of settling and empowering another crony who missed out on lucrative government appointments; a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

2 Likes

Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by voiceofpaul(m): 1:08pm On Feb 29
redsun:

It could just be a way of settling and empowering another crony who missed out on lucrative government appointments; a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

That is the saddest part of the case. It is obvious that the government is trying to raise money to run its services, but accountability is critical, just as you have mentioned.
Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by redsun(m): 1:18pm On Feb 29
voiceofpaul:

That is the saddest part of the case. It is obvious that the government is trying to raise money to run its services, but accountability is critical, just as you have mentioned.

There is no accountability whatsoever in the Nigerian system, and it's not just peculiar to the federal government, it filters down to even town's unions and religious organisations.

Nigeria is a richly blessed country and should never be in a dire strait if half its generated riches are accounted for. It's a country against itself because the majority of people are thinking backwards.

1 Like

Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by voiceofpaul(m): 1:20pm On Feb 29
redsun:

There is no accountability whatsoever in the Nigerian system, and it's not just peculiar to the federal government, it filters down to even town's unions and religious organisations.

Nigeria is a richly blessed country and should never be in a dire strait if half its generated riches are accounted for. It's a country against itself because the majority of people are thinking backwards.

I agree and that is why it is harder for someone like Tinubu to lead the charge against corruption because he seems to be the godfather of corruption in the current political landscape of Nigeria.
Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by denko(m): 1:35pm On Feb 29
Anything but another northerner was my choice that being said. This Policy is one of the best policy of a government the implementation is the koko
Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by redsun(m): 1:36pm On Feb 29
voiceofpaul:

I agree and that is why it is harder for someone like Tinubu to lead the charge against corruption because he seems to be the godfather of corruption in the current political landscape of Nigeria.

The whole thing is surreal, my brother. It still feels like a hurriedly drafted nollywood script.
Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by voiceofpaul(m): 1:37pm On Feb 29
redsun:

The whole thing is surreal, my brother. It still feels like a hurriedly drafted nollywood script.

lol grin
Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by Aquila99: 1:37pm On Feb 29
voiceofpaul:
President Tinubu despite his drug and corruption cases seemed him and his team have the mind maps of everything that is anti-development in Nigeria. It is unfortunate to know that most of the functioning manufacturing companies in Nigeria, especially in Lagos are controlled by #Indians and #Chinese.

If a Nigerian employee has knowledge gaps, it is the responsibility of the employer in conjunction with the employee to close out the gap - substitution with a foreigner is not the right thing to do.

In developed countries, the citizens come first but Nigeria is a different story. The USD 15k levy on foreigners taking up employment meant for Nigeria is a move in the right direction by Tinubu's administration.

Source: https://voiceofpaul.com/nigeria-places-15000-usd-levy-on-hiring-foreigners/

Lol. Wow. People of Obi said this and He dy copy Obi's manifesto no come claim dis one. Abi dem dey road.

1 Like

Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by voiceofpaul(m): 1:46pm On Feb 29
Aquila99:

Lol. Wow. People of Obi said this and He dy copy Obi's manifesto no come claim dis one. Abi dem dey road.

If Peter Obi had won, I believe he would have executed some of Tinubu's manifestos as well. No man is an island of himself.

1 Like

Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by Pennywise2: 3:35pm On Feb 29
U people aren't ready. Leadership starts with the leader. Same as sacrifices to be Made. All what he doing is ok if it start with them. Starting change with people is very funny
Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by Asswipemod: 3:44pm On Feb 29
redsun:

Airbrains everywhere!
Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by socialmediaman: 3:48pm On Feb 29
Good policy, but na good policy we go chop? What happened to other "good" policies at the ports, FIRS, NNPC, CBN and others?

Why isn't Nigeria working? It's because we have corrupt leaders who make policies and go back to doing the same wrong things, no will to implement.

I no longer praise good policies until I see proper implementation
Re: Despite His Flaws, Tinubu Got This Right by voiceofpaul(m): 4:19pm On Feb 29
socialmediaman:
Good policy, but na good policy we go chop? What happened to other "good" policies at the ports, FIRS, NNPC, CBN and others?

Why isn't Nigeria working? It's because we have corrupt leaders who make policies and go back to doing the same wrong things, no will to implement.

I no longer praise good policies until I see proper implementation

Partly, I agree with you. As much as this is the right direction to start with, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of those policies are also critical. Nigeria has massive room to grow. There is nothing stopping the federal government from empowering an arm of the National Bureau of Statistics in tracking compliance to all these services and making it readily available to all Nigerians, everytime, everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Wumi Adesina Will Lose His Seat At AFDB / Has Government Abolished The 13% Oil Revenue Return? / Breaking News Pdp Wins In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.