Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want (26112 Views)

Bayo Adelabu Campaign Parade Cars Caused A Lockdown In Ibadan / Jide Sanwoolu And Adebayo Adelabu Strike A Pose With Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Who Is Bayo Adelabu Penkelemesi? Biography, Age, Oyo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:55pm On Feb 29
edogu:

Read the caption of the story. I'm reacting to the caption of the story.

It completely wrong don't be misguided.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Putinofrussia: 4:58pm On Feb 29
PussyOdour:
shocked

Igbos ingenuity is second to none and envy by all. Forget, God really blessed these people.

In my next life, if there's anything like that, I'll still love to be an Ibibio man, but if God wants to reshuffle my tribe, please God create me an Igbo .
Well I also hope Igbos have ingenuity but they just always crumble.
All what they do,do not last.
Maybe they are doing something wrong.
They are trying but should endeavour to be resilient....that is the keyword.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Babangidapikin: 5:00pm On Feb 29
HardBishop:

Goooooood, they can do whatever they like.. we're not competing. But you assertions that Igbo should move their industries to east should call for Igbo to come and form a state called BIAFRA... is 50-50. We need it badly and give no fvck how you develop your region
I was only reemphasizing what Oga Obi said in Rivers state ...I never intended a Separatist state ...and I think Oga Obi was thinking in terms of strength and weakness which I completely disagree with him .. Industries have no regional colorations.... neither does finance that he move to west or farming that he move to the North.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by UnabashedIPOB: 5:01pm On Feb 29
Nemere2020:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/power-minister-meets-23-state-energy-commissioners-over-electricity-supply/#:~:text=In%20the%20quest%20for%20a,electricity%20challenge%20in%20the%20country.

STORY for the gods!
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Haaland21: 5:07pm On Feb 29
YoungLionken:
Alex Otti has won the hearts of Nigerians and politically more important than any other, as a prospective presidential candidate..

I see a time coming, whereby political parties will look for candidates with street credibility and a man of the people recognized positively by the masses cool...

Stop giving glory to Alex.
Lies....done by PDP.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Haaland21: 5:10pm On Feb 29
VictorGeneral4:
don't bring your stupidity here

Truth hurt.

The project was started in 2007.

Alex wasnt involved. The Commissioner even said this
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by kikake: 5:12pm On Feb 29
Kelvin5214:
Igbos have vision
Mbakwe built IMSG power plant in Amaraku. It's now becoming believable that the dirty politics of everything in omo must be in state capital or die, which led to the demise of the plant, like the demise of other govt projects outside Owerri in Imo state
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by ednut1(m): 5:16pm On Feb 29
Zupay:

As the then CEO of Diamond Bank, the bank was part of the funding mix under his leadership.
bank wey still run aground from too many non performing loans. Abeg abeg 🤣
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Omoawoke: 5:27pm On Feb 29
It’s not like having a stable power supply is a magic in the rest of the world. There’s a template already, it’s not a new invention, it’s not moon landing. It has been achieved in smaller African countries. So it makes me wonder what’s the big deal that power has been unable to work in Nigeria since 1960. What exactly is the problem??

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by ahamonyeka(m): 5:27pm On Feb 29
big lie.people in say is a lie .i called to confirm cos am from abia. they only have light on pages of news paper.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Temidayo9(m): 5:29pm On Feb 29
YoungLionken:
Alex Otti has won the hearts of Nigerians and politically more important than any other, as a prospective presidential candidate..

I see a time coming, whereby political parties will look for candidates with street credibility and a man of the people recognized positively by the masses cool...
Tell us more what Alex Otti has to do with geometric power plant of over a decade in that State?
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by djon78(m): 5:30pm On Feb 29
Nemere2020:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/power-minister-meets-23-state-energy-commissioners-over-electricity-supply/#:~:text=In%20the%20quest%20for%20a,electricity%20challenge%20in%20the%20country.

We can see that the FG is over willing for states to have steady light and the onus and responsibilities now rests on state governments if they are serious

As Abia State have shown it can be done

Big kudos and Well done to Honourable Minister Adelabu

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Max24: 5:30pm On Feb 29
Yorubas are trailblazers. They are best at public governance as exemplified by Tinubu.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by iceflex(m): 5:42pm On Feb 29
Minister for power for that matter! Useless people came to loot our money. No light in my community for over 5days now. Ara ma san pa gbogbo yin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by djon78(m): 5:44pm On Feb 29
Omoawoke:
It’s not like having a stable power supply is a magic in the rest of the world. There’s a template already, it’s not a new invention, it’s not moon landing. It has been achieved in smaller African countries. So it makes me wonder what’s the big deal that power has been unable to work in Nigeria since 1960. What exactly is the problem??

I believe FG took electricity as exclusive list

They never allowed states to generate electricity

Horrible bureaucracy and red tape in Nepa, phcn held Nigeria hostage for decades

Also power distribution infrastructure is terrible and needs massive investments

Why geometric power is a success is because they generate and distribute at the same time

With the success achieved by geometric power
FG is now telling states that they can copy what geometric power did and set up clusters of power generation and distribution in there states

So the onus is now left for state governments to create there own electric power structure

If they are serious about it

I also believed why FG was in total control before was so that some states will not leave others behind in development

But we see they can't continue like that because it's too much task for only FG to handle

So every state should sought themselves out

With this a kind of restructuring is going on
Responsible State Governments will begin to become deliver democratic dividend directly to there people

No more hiding under the cloak of FG

Which is all very good for Nigeria's Development

Small small we will be getting there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by searchlight: 5:57pm On Feb 29
kokoA:
This power minister can't do the job unfortunately.
Like Fashiola last that one. Talk about power ministers talk about professor Bat Nnaji
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by ada9ja(f): 5:57pm On Feb 29
East is leading in something more meaningful to the citizens for the first time in Nigeria. No be talking someone build somewhere in 1900
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Riskymarvelous(m): 6:00pm On Feb 29
Nah tinubu build am for Dem
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by SilentVboy: 6:00pm On Feb 29
He should say some parts of Abia. Many areas in Aba town still don't have light.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Charlie2020(f): 6:00pm On Feb 29
Since this Adelabu took over as Minister of Power, Nigeria has gone back to the days of darkness
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Charlie2020(f): 6:02pm On Feb 29
YoungLionken:

Alex Otti or Barth Nnaji. Alex Otti of yesterday?
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by greypencils: 6:07pm On Feb 29
What we want but you can't facilitate. Ode!
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Rejoice28(f): 6:09pm On Feb 29
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Solidex(m): 6:26pm On Feb 29
Lies and rhetorics with no actual work done
This has been the modus oprandi of APC Criminals in power.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Manager001: 6:27pm On Feb 29
Wetin Adelabu dey form now?
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by LordBillionz: 6:36pm On Feb 29
ednut1:
alex otti has nothing to do with the project. Make una stop this. Its a private project that started over 10 years ago

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2024/02/28/weve-no-investment-in-geometric-power-project-abia-govt/?amp=1
But can you commend him for being truthful unlike your principal Tinubu that was already parading himself as the cause for the would have been win of super Eagles on the last AFCON had if not that God saw through him and denied him the gloat.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by ednut1(m): 6:37pm On Feb 29
LordBillionz:

But can you commend him for being truthful unlike your principal Tinubu that was already parading himself as the cause for the would have been win of super Eagles on the last AFCON had it being that God saw through him and denied him the gloat.

many of you are senseless. So because I pointed out the obvious i must be a Tinubu supporter. Kai

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by HardBishop: 6:39pm On Feb 29
Babangidapikin:

I was only reemphasizing what Oga Obi said in Rivers state ...I never intended a Separatist state ...and I think Oga Obi was thinking in terms of strength and weakness which I completely disagree with him .. Industries have no regional colorations.... neither does finance that he move to west or farming that he move to the North.
What actually happened he said that....... Is it heresay? I sense your comments comes from a heart that has already dent NO IGBO PRESIDENT.... I know.. we may be with you in physical but absent in spirit and subconscious.

How you say we should carry our industrialization to ibo land amazed me how you believe in one Nigeria. Well I'm still looking forward when you people gonna change your minds
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Bluntemperor: 6:40pm On Feb 29
Armaggedon:
How you work out a solution determines how desperately you want a problem to end.
The minister should be working not "wanting"

What is the Minister saying self?
Is this the first time we told you to abandoned the Fraudulent Discos and Grid and lay Gas Pipeline for a better Nigeria?
But rather,you have just been telling Nigeria same Stories,now you are even dangling removal of Electricity Subsidies?
Wouldn't a product be so good and acceptable to the Populace before you raised the Prices?
For example,In Ikorodu,where we passed through to other States when travellings,for over 2- Months,No Lights Day or just 4- hours,out of 24- Hours and zero for Nights- since you came to power, Minister!
Most of the Fridges and Freezers,are just dead and most People here have given up on IKED -Discos! Come and see how Foods are decomposed ,so People have just kept quiet!
We are waiting for Prof Nnaji to come to Lagos State
Please,tell us another thing!
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Babangidapikin: 7:03pm On Feb 29
HardBishop:

What actually happened he said that....... Is it heresay? I sense your comments comes from a heart that has already dent NO IGBO PRESIDENT.... I know.. we may be with you in physical but absent in spirit and subconscious.

How you say we should carry our industrialization to ibo land amazed me how you believe in one Nigeria. Well I'm still looking forward when you people gonna change your minds
Why won't I want an IGBO President, and why won't I want Oga Peter Obi did he offend me ...biko I look at issues and what people are saying .. It is what Oga Peter Obi said in River's state, let him come and deny it.
Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by Shikena(m): 7:06pm On Feb 29
That is exactly where I pray Nigeria to be. Healthy competition around progressive developments. The way we do our stupid "I better pass my neighbor" mentality should start manifesting in our local and state governments. We want badass competition across Nigeria on who has the best roads, hospitals, schools, markets, resorts etc!!!!! Do it directly or reach out to investors to get it done. Bottomline, get it done.

Babangidapikin:

Lol relax you don't know what other states are cooking but it is good if our fight is positive and not destructive.. I know Akwa Ibom fit vex wake up tomorrow morning install 3000MW.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want by meolaniyi(m): 7:07pm On Feb 29
ednut1:
alex otti has nothing to do with the project. Make una stop this. Its a private project that started over 10 years ago

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2024/02/28/weve-no-investment-in-geometric-power-project-abia-govt/?amp=1
but you dont have any problem saying Tinubu built Lagos. Lagos that started before Tinubu was born.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole To Ize-iyamu: You’ll Go To Jail First Before Probing Me / ‘Bury Your Head In Shame’ – Oyegun To APC / Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.