Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger (3168 Views)

Sustenance And Livelihood Are Preordained In Certain Measures / Recommended Dua On Laylatul Qodr / Recommended Dua On Laylatul Qodr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger by akinsmail51: 7:59am On Mar 01
From Abdullaah bin Mas’ood -RadhiAllaahu anhu- who said: ‘A guest came to the Prophet sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam, so he sent a message to his wives hoping they had some food, but there was no food with anyone of them, so the Prophet said:

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أَسْأَلُك مِنْ فَضْلِكَ وَرَحْمَتِكَ، فَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَمْلِكُهَا إِلاَّ أَنْتَ

Allahumma innee as’aluka min fadlika wa rahmatika, fa-innahu laa yam-liku-ha illaa ant

(O Allaah indeed I ask of You for Your Virtue (Bounty) and Your Mercy, for indeed, no one possesses these except You.’)

So I gave him a gift of roasted sheep. The Prophet ﷺ said:

هَذِهِ مِنْ فَضْلِ اللَّهِ، وَنَحْنُ نَنْتَظِرُ الرَّحْمَةَ

Hadihi min fadlillah wa nahnu nan-tadhirur-rahma

(‘This is from the favour of Allaah and we await Mercy.’)

[Collected by Abu Na’eem in al-Hileeyaa (5/36 and 7/239), Tabraani in Muajm al-Kabeer 10/178, signs of prophecy (dalail nabuwa) for Bayhaqi 6/128 and Albaani graded it Saheeh in Silsilah Saheehah 4/57 no. 1543, Sahih al-Jaami, 1/114]

Ibn Abi Shaybah collected this hadeeth in his book ‘al-Musanaf’ 7/94 under the chapter: ‘What a person supplicates with when he is afflicted with hunger or his sustenance is constrained.’

The scholar, al-Ameer as-Sana’ani -Rahimahullaah- said: ‘Regarding ‘O Allaah indeed I ask of You for Your virtue and Your Mercy’

It could be that the things asked for are not mentioned, and it is possible that what was actually asked for was excellence and mercy. Since indeed no one possesses these except You [Allaah]’ : so these two matters are not asked for, except from its possessor.’

[At-Tanweer Sharh al-Jami’ as-Sagheer 3/163]

Furthermore this Dua can even be said when hearing the crow of a Rooster

Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه said that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “If you hear the crow of a rooster, ask Allah for his bounty for it has seen an angel. If you hear a donkey’s bray, seek refuge in Allah from the devil, for it saw a devil.” [Al-Bukhari No 3303; Muslim No 2729; Abu Dawud No 5102; At-Tirmidhi No 3459]

(Translation and compilation taken from Miraathpubs weblog)

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger by MisterBanny(m): 9:53am On Mar 01
I'm sorry for this. Pls anyone whom God has blessed should pls help me and younger ones before we all die of hunger and starvation. I hope God touches your heart as u read this.

I'm no Muslim but I like Islam a lot cos of their Honesty and sincerity.
Re: Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger by dNortherner(m): 10:00am On Mar 01
Mash'Allah. Jazak Allah Khyran. Please someone should help the commenter above me. As for me I did not have.

2 Likes

Re: Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger by Kingrshd3: 10:29am On Mar 01
Story for the Gods ..

So person wey no eat for 4 months go continue dey do this one 😂😆

Religion don blindfold people Sha ☺️

1 Like

Re: Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger by obinna58(m): 10:30am On Mar 01
Allah kee una there

5 Likes

Re: Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger by Idrisk19(m): 11:14am On Mar 01
جزاكم الله خير الجزاء.

3 Likes

Re: Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger by Banjoramos(m): 6:04pm On Mar 01
Jazakum Allahu khairan

2 Likes

Re: Dua For Sustenance And When In Hunger by Yellotune: 9:54pm On Mar 01
HELP AM STARving

(1) (Reply)

Symbolism Of The "Black Stone" - Polytheism Or Monotheism? / Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat / Salafist Militants Destroying Islam's History In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.