Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

My Experience With A Market Woman Today! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With A Market Woman Today! (457 Views)

Chinese Turns Nigerian Soldier To A Maid In A Market [PICS] / What Happened Between Me And An Igbo Woman Today / Yemi Osinbajo Booed In A Market Where He Went For Trader Moni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Elzazzi: 1:32pm On Mar 01
Please don’t mind my errors.

Early this morning I strolled to the shop of the woman I normally buy stuffs from anytime I want to cook. I’m currently in Ogbia Bayelsa state and the prices of food items has really skyrocketed here.

I bought plantain 1k and they are 6 pieces and relatively big compared to other places that will even sell 4 small ones for that same amount. I noticed her food items were cheaper when compared to others in same locality. While I was buying the things I needed, another woman came to shop and was telling her how her items were cheaper when compared to others selling around her. I paid attention to their conversation.

Then I now asked the woman, why are things were cheaper when compared to others. She told me most people are just greedy and wicked and it’s mostly the fault of the retailers who hoard the goods and wait till the Naira falls, then increase the amount they sell them. Those buying take advantage and triple the amount they use in selling. She told things aren’t currently good but people are just taking advantage of the situation to increase the prices of goods and they are making much more gains than ever.

Tinubu wasn’t my candidate in the last election and I know many voted for their preferred candidates for reasons best known to them.

The truth is that the common man on the streets is feeling this hardship and economic sabotage by fellow Nigerians. We don’t have to go to the extreme because we want to make gains and make people suffer. I know the government has its own shortcomings and blames, but let’s be considerate on ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by successmatters(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01
Propaganda

Ebinmkpawa will clear your eyes soon grin

Someone that has never crossed obomosho is going to Bayelsa in his dreams

Allow me eat my garri, draw sooup and chicken leg in peace, oh, plus stockfish grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Herbconsults2: 1:48pm On Mar 01
successmatters:
Propaganda

Allow me eat my garri, draw sooup and chicken leg in peace, oh, plus stockfish grin
all these kids wey come full politics section sef.
You mean you had to post your ogbono soup just to prove that you are "enjoying" shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Elzazzi: 1:51pm On Mar 01
Mods please help me push to front page.
Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by AfonjaConehead: 1:55pm On Mar 01
Herbconsults2:
all these kids wey come full politics section sef.
You mean you had to post your ogbono soup just to prove that you are "enjoying" shocked shocked
Which Kain hungry be this nah 😁
Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by EreluRoz: 1:57pm On Mar 01
This is the absolute truth, we are doing ourselves more than the government is doing us.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Boogyman557: 2:18pm On Mar 01
Cc
Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by DevilsEqual(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01
successmatters:
Propaganda

You guys think being an economic refugee in other region is something to brag about??

See reasoning o cheesy cheesy

Its like mocking English EPL players of not moving to other league en masse

Why journey to a more terrible place when your side is where most of other races see life

Why would a U.S citizen travel to the middles East just to prove he's an adventourist?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Kaycee9242(m): 3:28pm On Mar 01
Leave the poor traders and face the incompetent leaders you voted for, did traders just woke up and started increament?
Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Bobloco: 3:34pm On Mar 01
Elzazzi:
Please don’t mind my errors.

Early this morning I strolled to the shop of the woman I normally buy stuffs from anytime I want to cook. I’m currently in Ogbia Bayelsa state and the prices of food items has really skyrocketed here.

I bought plantain 1k and they are 6 pieces and relatively big compared to other places that will even sell 4 small ones for that same amount. I noticed her food items were cheaper when compared to others in same locality. While I was buying the things I needed, another woman came to shop and was telling her how her items were cheaper when compared to others selling around her. I paid attention to their conversation.

Then I now asked the woman, why are things were cheaper when compared to others. She told me most people are just greedy and wicked and it’s mostly the fault of the retailers who hoard the goods and wait till the Naira falls, then increase the amount they sell them. Those buying take advantage and triple the amount they use in selling. She told things aren’t currently good but people are just taking advantage of the situation to increase the prices of goods and they are making much more gains than ever.

Tinubu wasn’t my candidate in the last election and I know many voted for their preferred candidates for reasons best known to them.

The truth is that the common man on the streets is feeling this hardship and economic sabotage by fellow Nigerians. We don’t have to go to the extreme because we want to make gains and make people suffer. I know the government has its own shortcomings and blames, but let’s be considerate on ourselves.

Is this the new propaganda being churned out from the Agbadorians WhatsApp group? 

Suddenly, Nigerians are greedy.
Suddenly, Nigerians are taking advantage of the situation.

Who caused these economic woes that enabled Nigerians to take advantage of themselves?
Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Chicagograduate(m): 4:13pm On Mar 01
Tinubu announced the removal of fuel subsidy which increased the price of a litre of fuel.
As if that was not enough,he further announced the floating of the Naira which make the dollar have more weight than the Naira.
With the removal of subsidy,transporters who uses petroleum to convey goods for business owners increased the transport of goods.The business owners also increased their own goods prices too.
With the floating of the Naira, petroleum marketers who needs dollars to import petroleum products also increased the price of their products in addition to other charges they pay to both the foreign government and Nigeria customs.
The problem is Tinubu that is causing the hardships.
Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by StarRida: 5:04pm On Mar 01
I have never seen this kind of people that I'm sharing nationality with I swear they can fabricate lies and propaganda from pit of hell then start dishing it out to their fellow gullible to believe them ...let me state here clearly no petty trader have the financial capacity to start hoarding food stuff besides you can hoard perishable items
Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by SpartaOfLagos: 5:07pm On Mar 01
successmatters:
Propaganda

Guy, you use chicken cook ogbono soup? Which kind combo be dat oga

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by crossfm: 5:32pm On Mar 01
Hehehe .

Story that touches the heart grin cheesy.

Let's blame the citizens for the error of the government.

As bandits have succeeded in overrunning farmers,its the fault of an average law abiding citizen.

Yes,it was the citizens who removed the fuel subsidy without plans to cushion the effect.

Oh,I forgot,the citizens floated the naira.

It's even the fault of the citizens that there is no light.

Yes,let's blame the citizens for all the problems we are facing in Nigeria.
Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Nigeriakan: 5:41pm On Mar 01
successmatters:
Propaganda

Posting your ogbono soup with chicken lap shows it's not a regular meal for you. If it were a regular, you would not even think of bragging about it, not to talk of posting it online. Enjoy your once-in-a-year meal though

(1) (Reply)

I Got N1 Billion From Government This Year - Delta North Senator Ned Nwoko Says / Falana Blast Nigerian Army, Says Its Illegal To Declare Suspected Killers Wanted / Why Do I Think CIA Now Owns Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.