Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account (51010 Views)

NIN/BVN: Opay To Log Out Accounts By March 1, Issues 5m Cards / Please Help!!! Where Can I Update Date Of Birth On My BVN To Enroll For NIN ?? / I Gave Out My BVN To A Money Loaning App; Is My Account At Risk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by Kenmatt(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01
I want to get something straight.

The tier1 account should update either with NIN or BVN while the tier2/3 should update with BVN and NIN right?

1 Like

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by fashrola(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01
So about people with 5-6 bank accounts?

Are they gonna link them individually?

2 Likes

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by Nairalander248: 5:13pm On Mar 01
TechCapon:
no need for all these wahala. Banks are using AI Chatbots now to do all these simple tasks. Zenith bank is using ZIVA while UBA is using LEO. Just look for the AI Chatbot your bank is using and chat it up. You can do anything from getting account statements, linking BVN/NIN, opening accounts, send money, buy data, etc.
I just linked my NIN just chatting LEO from UBA and under 30 seconds my NIN is linked. Good thing is when you link it to the bank you created your BVN, it gets automatically linked to all your bank accounts linked to that BVN. information is power.

abeg lemme goan eat my afang soup jor no be vote bulaba grin

Almost all the bank has self service platform that people can use to do this simple task

2 Likes

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by lexy2014: 5:14pm On Mar 01
fashrola:
So about people with 5-6 bank accounts?

Are they gonna link them individually?

BVN has already done that. am wondering what NIN is for

4 Likes

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by nairalanda1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01
Jh0wsef:
Abeg how I fit print main national ID card?

NOT NIN NONSENSE O

If you have the Nimc app on your phone, click on the 'print nin slip' and follow the prompts. You can choose standard or premium. If successful you can download the slip on the folder of yer phone.

If you have the physical copy of your national id card, and it is not expired, scan it and use it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by Successlane: 5:18pm On Mar 01
Is it NIN and BVN.

OR

Is it NIN or BVN. (is one okay?)
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by dalass(f): 5:20pm On Mar 01
Gbyte02:
Everytime we are linking one thing or the other in this country. Still corruption and kidnapping is on the increase with little or no iota of tracing the culprits....

Exactly my thoughts oh.

Wetin my eye see today for GTBANK.

Thank God for the well mannered customer service people. The process is unnecessarily tough.

FG people who makes things tough instead of making life easy... God go judge una

2 Likes

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by CorrectionFLuid: 5:23pm On Mar 01
TechCapon:
no need for all these wahala. Banks are using AI Chatbots now to do all these simple tasks. Zenith bank is using ZIVA while UBA is using LEO. Just look for the AI Chatbot your bank is using and chat it up on Whatsapp. You can do anything from getting account statements, linking BVN/NIN, opening accounts, send money, buy data, etc.
I just linked my NIN just chatting LEO from UBA and under 30 seconds my NIN is linked. Good thing is when you link it to the bank you created your BVN, it gets automatically linked to all your bank accounts linked to that BVN. information is power.

abeg lemme goan eat my afang soup jor, no be me vote bulaba grin

Ah... You sure say our first bank go dey like this. You know they call it old people's bank. Chai.
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by Oghene86: 5:24pm On Mar 01
Great100000:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/how-to-link-your-nin-bvn-to-your-bank-account/

I think our BVN has been linked to our accounts before now and for you to get your NIN you must produce your BVN the bank and the government should go and Link that to our accounts, they shouldn't stress us, is this a means to distract us?

1 Like

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by rottable(m): 5:25pm On Mar 01
TechCapon:
no need for all these wahala. Banks are using AI Chatbots now to do all these simple tasks. Zenith bank is using ZIVA while UBA is using LEO. Just look for the AI Chatbot your bank is using and chat it up on Whatsapp. You can do anything from getting account statements, linking BVN/NIN, opening accounts, send money, buy data, etc.

Which one does access bank use?
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by TechCapon(m): 5:26pm On Mar 01
Nairalander248:

Almost all the bank has self service platform that people can use to do this simple task
exactly
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by TechCapon(m): 5:27pm On Mar 01
rottable:

Which one does access bank use?
Tamada grin
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by TechCapon(m): 5:29pm On Mar 01
CorrectionFLuid:

Ah... You sure say our first bank go dey like this. You know they call it old people's bank. Chai.
I think first bank has one called Fibani
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:32pm On Mar 01
Mopolchi:
Ok, mine remains Access Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and First Bank who are still operating in pentium one mode, asking me to come to the bank. I cannot go to the bank and do what!

Thank you oh.

I hate it when banks tell us to come to bank to do simple stuff one can do right from the comfort of their home.

Very annoying approach to solving simple things.

2 Likes

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:34pm On Mar 01
Nairalander248:

Please do you know that of First Bank?
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by arinzos(m): 5:36pm On Mar 01
ferhyntorlah:

Thank you oh.

I hate it when banks tell us to come to bank to do simple stuff one can do right from the comfort of their home.

Very annoying approach to solving simple things.
Like ehhh.
I simply send email or call their customer care.

Sometimes they still request for me to come to the bank and I usually tell them to improve their services. Some people don't have that time to queue up in the bank for simple tasks.

I'm still waiting for GTB.
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by papyjaypaul: 5:38pm On Mar 01
Nigeria is suffering from not using data and the only reason is because the high and mighty don't want to be accountable for their actions. Look at it this way, if you have one ID from birth, you can use it for anything. The problem w3 have is that those who come with these ideas are only using it for contracts and withchunting. BVN was with Banks, NIN was with Immigration and Telcos. Merging it makes the country know who owns what and where. That's not a bad idea but they misuse these things.

NIN is the only number you should need as a person. BVN came as a result of Nigeria not having good data centers and CBN came up with its idea. The meaning of NIN says it all. This is another way of replacing the BVN with NIN which should be the norm.

Even when they brought NIN, they gave MasterCard the permission to make it a debit card. That did not make sense because you want the people of Nigeria become bank customers when they can choose from banks. Why would you make your identity card a bank card? They just turned Nigerians to digital customers without their consent and opportunity to bring people into the financial sector through the back. If they use the card too much at the ATM and it gets damaged, it will become useless before its renewal. If you retract your card, it has become exposed to bank staff who should not have your personal details. They also made the NIN card expire and then they said they cannot produce cards again that the slip will take over. You can see how policymakers in Nigeria don't think. They just wake up from anywhere and give directives. For those who had the cards, the slip was collected from them. They went back to looking for slips. Those who had the slips and had been waiting for the card then saw that God has favored them with the new policy. Can you see how we confuse and frustrate people with policy somersault

One group of people wanted to benefit from the NIMC card, another Minister under Buhari told us what you need is the number which is not on the card. Then one day Immigration says it will no longer process new passports if you don't have NIN, not NIMC card. Nigeria, why do we have wicked people as elites cry embarassed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by Hespee93: 5:48pm On Mar 01
Rest in peace Sisi Quadri cry cry cry cry
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by AngelicBeing: 5:52pm On Mar 01
lexy2014:
how does NIN "promote financial system stability"?

which work will NIN do for a bank account that BVN is not already doing?
ls this question necessary?
It is better to do as required by CBN , do you know more than those who initiated this idea grin
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by Ashawoman82: 5:55pm On Mar 01
nairalanda1:

If you have the Nimc app on your phone, click on the 'print nin slip' and follow the prompts. You can choose standard or premium. If successful you can download the slip on the folder of yer phone.

If you have the physical copy of your national id card, and it is not expired, scan it and use it
my own Id card is expired, how can I go about it.
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by lexy2014: 5:55pm On Mar 01
AngelicBeing:
ls this question necessary?
It is better to do as required by CBN , do you know more than those who initiated this idea grin

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by AngelicBeing: 5:56pm On Mar 01
lexy2014:

Is this question necessary?
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by lexy2014: 5:57pm On Mar 01
AngelicBeing:
Is this question necessary?

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by macklef(m): 6:00pm On Mar 01
Pls o, those of us abroad, it's not that they will lock my account. I don't know my account officer o
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by AngelicBeing: 6:01pm On Mar 01
lexy2014:

sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by AfonjaConehead: 6:04pm On Mar 01
Useless government..thats how they made students lose their jamb registration. Some students couldn't register for jamb cos they couldn't get their Nin.
BASTARD JAMB.
BASTARD NIN OFFICIALS.
BASTARD OUT OF CONTROL DIRECTIONLESS GOVT.

1 Like

Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by bluefilm: 6:09pm On Mar 01
Stephench:
Is it BVN and NIN or BVN and/or NIN? Beau all my accounts have BVN but Opay recently started harassing me to link my NIN else they'll lock my account. Their deadline was yesterday, surprisingly, they didn't freeze it this morning as they threatened to

The thing just taya me

I keep on seeing bvn/nin and I don't know which is which anymore
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by tefund(m): 6:11pm On Mar 01
Stephench:
Is it BVN and NIN or BVN and/or NIN? Beau all my accounts have BVN but Opay recently started harassing me to link my NIN else they'll lock my account. Their deadline was yesterday, surprisingly, they didn't freeze it this morning as they threatened to
If them try am na Dem go lose...but from my opay app no where to link nin to account..
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by emmybobo1: 6:13pm On Mar 01
TechCapon:

But I don’t understand the maximum account balance being 300k. Plz could anybody explain that part to me.
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by MrsAminaBello(f): 6:13pm On Mar 01
lexy2014:

that is the whole idea which is to make sure you suffer to have access to your own funds cos am wondering what is the essence of NIN i banking when BVN is already in place
read well.
It's either you link your BVN or your NIN.
One out of the two.
So if your BVN is already linked, no need for NIN
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by Kaido: 6:16pm On Mar 01
Every time link..link...link
Re: How To Link Your NIN, BVN To Your Bank Account by Kaido: 6:18pm On Mar 01
TechCapon:

Can LEO update my email address?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Loan App Just Served My Neighbour A Court Order / "My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" / Tony Elumelu Celebrates His Triplets' 14th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.