Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings (9941 Views)

Which Sites Can One Download Bollywood Movies With Subtitles? / Movies With Unpredictable Endings / ***~~~Good Movies With Stupid/terrible Endings~~~*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by vescucci(m): 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
Many films I've seen become my favourites just cuz of the ending. They're usually preceded by an hour and a half of 'drab' buildup. The ending makes everything else understandable

There're the usual suspects including films like: The Usual Suspects, Fight Club, Memento etc but among the not so popular ones, which films have your favourite endings?
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by semid4lyfe(m): 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
Arlington Road, Se7en, Gone Baby Gone. . .all movies with that "shock factor"
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by vescucci(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
Have you seen Beyond a Reasonable Doubt? One of the most shocking endings ever. And the recent film, The Big Bang. Pretty good ending too
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by semid4lyfe(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2011
Nope. . .but noted and added to my movies to download list.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by vescucci(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
Em, Big Slam is actually Big Ban.g
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by ujchief(m): 10:54am On Nov 13, 2011
Book of Eli (Danzel washington), got to the end just to find out the 'bible'he spent the entire movie protecting was just a grail, the real bible was crammed word to word in his brain. Quite thrilling
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by vescucci(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2011
Braille you mean. That film was kinda inspiring. The maneating geezers were the most surprising part
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by showbobo(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2011
RED RIDING HOOD
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by LadyWinona: 11:22am On Nov 13, 2011
Million dollar baby, Titanic, prison break (In season 1, people were dying like cattle), Shrek 1: Fiona remaining as ugly as ever despite the special and window shattering effect.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2011
You said surprising endings, hmmmmmm, dunno much of those. Movie with the end i still don't understand is Silent Hill.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by jephiano: 11:26am On Nov 13, 2011
Men for me The Usual Suspects' ending was just crazy. My brother and i spent about 5 minutes staring at d picture credits, tryin to come to terms with d fact dat we just watched a colorful dramatization of a criminal's imagination. Another good one was Primal fear(?) in which Richard Gere played a defence attorney and Edward Norton was d baby-faced, stutterin murder suspect.
Fight club's ending was also unexpected as well as Shutter Island.
The Departed too was unexpected and dissapointin for me.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by slap1(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2011
SALT.
Didn't like how it ended. Angelina Jolie was potrayed as immortal.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by LRNZH(m): 11:46am On Nov 13, 2011
'Shutter Island' is the thriller a movie should be.

1 Like

Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by atilla(m): 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2011
how can you guys forget sixth sense, when i was youg unusual movies for.me where movies the good guy died like the champ.and ghost.
i can remember many.now but sixth sense came to my mind immediately i saw this topic
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2011
Prison Break
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by lafuria1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 13, 2011
1. Duplicity.
2.angels and demons
3.shutter island but confusin 2 me.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
The others staring Nicole kidman and 6th sense staring Bruce willis
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by ElmA1(f): 12:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
Friday the 13th (2006) The ending was surpising! After killing Jason (with weapons,bullets) and his heart STOPPED beating. He comes back to life as they are about to throw his corspe into the ocean? Now that was too fake.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by baslone: 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2011
Yeah!!! Ususal Suspects iz Insane!!!
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2011
The movie "13".
13 is a movie about a revolver pistol competition.
The end was so sad sad

After all the actor had gone through to win, he was killed. I fuckin!g hated the end though it was surprising.

1 Like

Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by cecetanna: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
"Buried" was really such an annoyin movie for me. Just one man thruout d film and he even died at the end.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by vescucci(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2011
la furia:

1. Duplicity.
2.angels and demons
3.shutter island but confusin 2 me.

Duplicity was awesome at the end. It was a little much ado about nothingish but the end was great. It reminds me of John Grisham's book, The Partner which I heard was made into a movie. Shutter Island is not so confusinf, check out the Movie Conundrums thread, it was treated there.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by vescucci(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2011
cece.tanna:

"Buried" was really such an annoyin movie for me. Just one man thruout d film and he even died at the end.

I understand why you don't like it but I loved it. If they coulda not put in those videos I'd have liked it eved more. That way everything woulda happened in the wooden box with only other people's voices.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by sholay2011(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2011
i tink figurine, titanic, silence of d lambs , and so on,
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by vescucci(m): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
sholay2011:

i tink figurine, titanic, silence of d lambs , and so on,

For a Nigerian film, The Figurine's ending was genius but overcomplicated and inconsistent. Ramsey Noah's character went completely loco
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2011
Shutter Island and The Usual Suspects.
Very clever conclusions.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by kaydee01: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2011
Unknown and personal effects, sick movies
dubbed has the best movie build up but don't like the ending
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by Afam4eva(m): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
vescucci:

For a Nigerian film, The Figurine's ending was genius but overcomplicated and inconsistent. Ramsey Noah's character went completely loco

That film was rubbish. It's far from entertaining. I wonder when the likes of Kelani, the producer of figurine(i've forgotten his name) will start making entertaining movies. They prefer to stick with educating the public and often forget that they're supposed to be entertaining at the same time.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by semid4lyfe(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2011
Was about to mention The Figurine but someone's done that already. I love movies that have ''open endings'' that are subject to the viewer's interpretation. I mean, the story doesn't have an ending, it just sorts of hangs there unfinished cool Imagine seeing Figurine at the cinema, enough talking points & argument after the movie and on the drive home. . . .hehehehe grin

Another Nigerian movie with an ending that I like is Thunderbolt-Magun. The movie doesn't answer the question whether magun is real or just a myth but leaves you to your belief & resolve it for yourself

As per Oyinbo film, I love the ending of Last Night starring Kiera Knightely, Sam Worthington, Eva Mendes & one guy wey I nor remember hin name. The movie was a bit drab but the ending though not twisted more than makes up for it. Only intelligent folks will understand the significance of Kiera Knightely's shoes on the floor when she and her husband hugged at the end cool. . .Brilliant piece of storytelling IMO cheesy

1 Like

Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by semid4lyfe(m): 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2011
afam4eva:
That film was rubbish. It's far from entertaining. I wonder when the likes of Kelani, the producer of figurine(i've forgotten his name) will start making entertaining movies. They prefer to stick with educating the public and often forget that they're supposed to be entertaining at the same time.

Figurine was rubbish and it wasn't entertaining? Chei, wetin I nor go read for Nairaland. Na people like this dey trip for wack films like Omo Ghetto, Jenifa etc tongue
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by lafuria1(m): 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
@ vescucci , thanks i wil check d thread.
Re: Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings by bily(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2011
till date, for me it Vanilla Sky (tom cruise). the whole film from beginning to end is so controversial. we still argue abt wat actually rily happened in d film wenava it crops up in our discussions till date

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search Soundtrack / Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better / BBA Stargame: Goldie Up For Eviction - Do We Save Her Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.