Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says (4509 Views)

Peter Okoye Shares Picture Of His Family, Says "I Don't Joke With These Three" / 'I Am Not Dead Yet' - Tiwa Savage Denies Rumors That She Died Of Heart Failure / Photo Of Mr Ibu And Bimbo Akintola On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by ify2016: 8:30am On Mar 03
March 03, (THEWILL) – Nigerian comic actor, John Okafor, aka Mr Ibu, is not dead, but currently receiving treatment in a Lagos hospital, his adopted son, Monday Diamond Ani, said on Saturday night.

Earlier, Mr Ibu was reported dead after he suffered a major cardiac arrest at the EverCare hospital in Lagos, where he had been hospitalised.

But Ani, who is also a former aide to the legendary actor, said his father is in a critical condition at the intensive care unit of the hospital.

My Boss and adopted Father aren’t dead, please. He’s currently in a Lagos hospital receiving treatment”, Ani said as he dismissed the reports of Mr Ibu’s death.

He has been on life support after he underwent a second surgery for his ailment recently. His blood pressure has been over 200 after he had the surgery.

The actor battled with constant clotting of blood on his leg (diseased blood vessels) and other health challenges for years. In October 2023, he came out publicly to seek financial assistance to treat his ailment.

During his treatment, his leg was amputated in November 2023.

Born October 17 1961, Mr hailed from Nkanu West local government of Enugu State.

Known for his comic role, Mr Ibu has acted in more than 200 Nollywood movies including Mr Ibu (2004), Mr Ibu 2 (2005), Mr Ibu and His Son, Coffin Producers, Husband Suppliers, International Players, Mr Ibu in London (2005), Police Recruit (2003), 9 Wives (2005), Ibu in Prison (2006) and Keziah (2007).

He had also ventured into music for a short time. In 2020, he released his songs titled This Girl and Do You Know.

Source. https://thewillnews.com/mr-ibu-not-dead-family-says/

Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by atiku4President(m): 8:57am On Mar 03
Okay. May he recover speedily

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by meobizy(f): 9:57am On Mar 03
But Ani, who is also a former aide to the legendary actor, said his father is in a critical condition at the intensive care unit of the hospital.
The man don go. Naija wey our hospitals no fit heal gunshot wound, na him person go survive from critical condition? I laugh in undiscovered languages. The boy just corroborated the earlier report. How did Ibu's blood pressure rise after all was said and done? One would think he'd attack exercises in order to see his grandchildren for longer. Sha, when it's your time, it's your time.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by bcomputer101: 11:31am On Mar 03
Are you guys normal?
Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by heniford2: 12:03pm On Mar 03
How true it's this pls
Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by press9jatv: 1:09pm On Mar 03
Nlfpmod mynd44 Dominique fergie001 Seun ishilove, can you please move it to front page. Is it true or not

1 Like

Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by Babaken(m): 2:28pm On Mar 03
meobizy:
The man don go. Naija wey our hospitals no fit heal gunshot wound, na him person go survive from critical condition? I laugh in undiscovered languages. The boy just corroborated the earlier report. How did Ibu's blood pressure rise after all was said and done? One would think he'd attack exercises in order to see his grandchildren for longer. Sha, when it's your time, it's your time.
miracle no de tire Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by nstore: 5:31pm On Mar 03
Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by IBB007: 5:44pm On Mar 03
Lol…adopted daughter, adopted son…Shey this man no get pikin wey he use him prick produce
Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by CaptainJune: 6:25pm On Mar 03
Blood clotting is extremely fatal condition but treatable. I pray he scales through without injury to life.
Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by Westerhoffe(m): 8:30pm On Mar 03
Which is true now?

Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by Bulldozer90: 9:03pm On Mar 03
They want to dupe him even in death.
Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by popweezy(m): 5:02am On Mar 04
I am actually in deep sorrow typing this because all the years I've been on nairaland I've never for once begged. I never knew I could ever stoop so low to this. The only hope I rely on this week is shattered. I learned my lesson the hard way. I beg you guys with everything you cherish. Pls bless me with any amount. Hunger is about to finish me. I beg you in the name of God

1.2.2.3.1.1.4.9.5.8 access bank Lawal Abdulkadir . God bless you!
Re: Mr Ibu Not Dead – Family Says by Preciousese(f): 9:12am On Mar 05
ify2016:
March 03, (THEWILL) – Nigerian comic actor, John Okafor, aka Mr Ibu, is not dead, but currently receiving treatment in a Lagos hospital, his adopted son, Monday Diamond Ani, said on Saturday night.

Earlier, Mr Ibu was reported dead after he suffered a major cardiac arrest at the EverCare hospital in Lagos, where he had been hospitalised.

My Boss and adopted Father aren’t dead, please. He’s currently in a Lagos hospital receiving treatment”, Ani said as he dismissed the reports of Mr Ibu’s death.

He has been on life support after he underwent a second surgery for his ailment recently. His blood pressure has been over 200 after he had the surgery.

The actor battled with constant clotting of blood on his leg (diseased blood vessels) and other health challenges for years. In October 2023, he came out publicly to seek financial assistance to treat his ailment.

During his treatment, his leg was amputated in November 2023.

Born October 17 1961, Mr hailed from Nkanu West local government of Enugu State.

Known for his comic role, Mr Ibu has acted in more than 200 Nollywood movies including Mr Ibu (2004), Mr Ibu 2 (2005), Mr Ibu and His Son, Coffin Producers, Husband Suppliers, International Players, Mr Ibu in London (2005), Police Recruit (2003), 9 Wives (2005), Ibu in Prison (2006) and Keziah (2007).

He had also ventured into music for a short time. In 2020, he released his songs titled This Girl and Do You Know.

Source. https://thewillnews.com/mr-ibu-not-dead-family-says/
If this is true I will indeed be happy,news of his death has really made me sad

(1) (Reply)

Magic Johnson Infected With The Hiv Virus! / Spotted: Genny And Omotola At The Lagos Premier Of Ije! / Idris Elba To Play Nelson Mandela In Official Biopic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.